1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Relax A Little

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Steelers offense was bad today (surprise, surprise) mainly by Kenny Pickett and the offensive line. The offensive line was not good at protecting Kenny, but also Kenny was not good throwing the ball. The Steelers running game continues to improve, which is a great sign. The defense played great for the majority of the game except on the last offensive drive for the Browns. The Steelers identity is basically play great defense, and be a good rushing offensive team. People were complaining when the Steelers were winning, so I'm not surprised about the complaints after the loss. But sometimes some of y'all need to relax. I did not see the Steelers winning out the rest of the games of the season. So another loss was expected by me. I think a 10-7 record will be good enough to get the 6th or 7th seed in the AFC, which means the Steelers could possibly afford to lose three more games (I hope they don't). If y'all look at the Bills, Chargers, Bengals, Jets, Broncos and Raiders, all those teams are so inconsistent, and the Steelers currently have a better overall record, and I believe a better conference record than them. The Steelers control their own destiny, and factoring the injuries that the Steelers have suffered on defense at the middle linebacker position, the defense looked real good today. Can y'all relax just a tad bit? Lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    10-7 at this point is extremely optimistic. This team was 6-3, but could just have easily been 3-6 or 2-7 if not for some lucky breaks. You cannot have sustained success in this league if your success is built around luck and/or low percentage splash plays. I would honestly prefer it if we end the season with a losing record, if only the get the NFL elites to stop kissing Tomlin's smug ass for having an endless .500 or better season streak.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Apparently you have not watched this offense play all season. If the Steelers somehow make the playoffs they would get embarrassed as they normally do under MT.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    This ain’t a playoff team. Even if they make it will be another 1st round exit. Other teams don’t fear us any longer. I’m sure most of them look forward to beating us. We are sooooooooooo fricking predictable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    You relax if you want to. This is another team that, if they make the playoffs, will lose. Again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, the OP is not wrong. Speaking strictly for myself, complaining is simply a byproduct of having to blow off steam. I don't give them much of a chance if they make the tournament, but that doesn't mean I don't want them in it. I can see them getting to 10 wins. With the defensive injuries and below average QB play, I would call it a solid season.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    You didn't mention the Colts, who are 1 game behind the Steelers and have an easier schedule the rest of the way.

Are you saying the Steelers couldn't lose to the QB that put up 305 yards passing and 4 TDs vs the same Browns D that the Steelers did nothing against?

They better go 10-7, because 9-8 isn't getting them in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The whole "Steelers always get lucky" talk is annoying. The Steelers are great at forcing turnovers. They are great at not turning over the ball. At some point people have to realize that. The Steelers force teams to make mistakes. And if we are speaking on being lucky, I can say that about a bunch of NFL teams. And if people are going to bring up other teams being injured, our Steelers are currently banged up as well. So it is what it is. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Using that logic, if other teams don't make mistakes, the Steelers aren't winning.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    So again, if the Steelers miss the playoffs, some of y'all will complain. If the Steelers make the playoffs and lose in the wildcard, some of y'all will still complain. So what do y'all want? Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. MattCanada

MattCanada Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2022
    Bro who r h Mike tomlins son? U only care about not having a losing season, ain’t no way in hell this team makes a Super Bowl appearance this year

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Agreed but they aren’t making playoffs so no need to worry unless collapse by other teams I’d argue the Broncos will get the spot or even Colts Steelers going nowhere but last in division

13. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    This is football, teams make mistakes. It's about which team makes the least mistakes, and which team capitalizes on the other team's mistakes. Steelers have huge offensive flaws, mainly when it comes to passing the ball. But if the Steelers defense continues to make teams turnover the ball or if the opposing team's offense are doing self inflicted mistakes, I will take it either way. Lmao

14. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    Steelers are bad every day but somehow mask it with some very lucky wins they have a terrible offense and the D cannot bail them out anymore

15. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I can't beleive we are talking about playoffs, We have for the most part of the season struggled in the first half or 3 quarters of a game to manage a first down. Seriously I think in the first half the Browns tripled our first down numbers. If we make the playoffs that speaks to how poor the NFL is now if our team can make the playoffs with an offense this bad. The beating Ben took in his last playoff game is what we would take. It feels like our offense is going against the 85 Bears every week the way we are chalking up 3 and out records. We must be on a record setting pace for that this year.

16. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    Time for Tomlin to hang ‘em up he blew the game today he’s terrible has no clue what he wants to do plays whole game scared out of his ass then decides to pass 3 times at end to seal the defeat

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    When did I say I only care about not having a losing season? I have been a Steelers fan since 2002. This Steelers team is not better than the Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles, 49ers or even maybe the Jaguars or Ravens. But people overrate how bad the Steelers are. They are a playoff caliber team. They have a winning record for a reason. But I am not delusional to think at this current state because of their lack of a passing game that they can win a Super Bowl this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    A better coaching staff?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    You can blame the OL all you want, but they send more than we can block all game. They literally stack the box and make it hard for the OL every time. Hard to judge them too harshly on that. At some point Kenny is going to have to prove he can throw them out of the box before they stop throwing the sink at him.

20. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Looks like we will need to settle for 13-4. It will be tough to get home field advantage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. AtlSteel

Nov 30, 2021
    It would be great if more ads popped up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. AtlSteel

Nov 30, 2021
    Totally reasonable perspective. I grew up in the 70s. Completely different perspective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    I said and/or for a reason, but you chose to ignore the other half of the statement. This team is literally relying on low percentage feast‐or-famine types of plays in order to carry the day. They might be better than many teams at making those things happen, but that can't be what you build your team around. And yes, luck is a factor. Good teams can do things to increase their luck and/or exploit a lucky break when it comes their way, but there has to be more than that. After this game and a slew of other very close calls, it shouldn't be difficult to see why.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The answer is fullback, RB in I formation with Pickett under center. No more shotgun.

Steelers O line are getting owned by middle blitz that Center, RG and LG can't pick up. Use Heyward and Washington at Fullback. Use Warren as RB.

We'd still have DJ, Pickens and Muth running routes.

I'm a genius. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This team reminds me of an unwanted pregnancy and should be aborted immediately starting with Mike Tomlin.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1