1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Miller has torn MCL needs surgery

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lovembig, Dec 24, 2012.

1. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    not good news. he will need surgery. he also injured his MCL and PCL. could be a devastating injury to his career.

2. lovembig

Oct 30, 2011
    sorry, didnt see it poster already.

3. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks to Gooddell players are now taking out receivers knees.
    Great call there Roger Einstein. Jagoff.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    dam that would have hurt if we had made the playoffs

5. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Hopefully it's the last of the injuries. We don't need any more of our top players rehabbing this offseason when they should be strengthening and working on improving their game. My only wish for the Cleveland game is no injuries.

6. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    MCL injury is not a real bad injury. Should recovery in plenty of time for season.

7. Dick Shiner

Dick Shiner Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I thought for sure it was an ACL. He left the field just like Rod Woodson did on opening day in '95. Walking down the steps was reminiscent of Brady leaving Arrowhead a few years back.

8. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Hurry back Heath we REALLY need you!

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Man, crazy, they were going after his knees earlier in the game, I wonder if the Bengals had an "agenda"?

10. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    are you nuts? i'd rather have him sit out a week or two of the regular season instead of rushing back and reinjuring his knee. not everybody can be as fast as adrian "robocop" peterson.

11. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Ok let me clarify, Get well soon but don't come back untill your 100 percent because we need you Heath. I was wishing him well becasue he is the best reciever we have.

12. lovembig

Oct 30, 2011
    if theres a bright side. atleast Heath doesnt rely on speed. hopefully when he comes back we wont see any difference.

13. jenyeart

jenyeart Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2012
    I read that he tore the ACL and MCL and that the PCL was uncertain, but probably partially torn.
    Either way, he is looking at a MINIMUM of 9 months. Generally medical professionals say 9-12 months for that type of injury and 12-16 to be performing 100% like their old self.
    Professional athletes have the advantage or being able to get surgery within days and rehab all the time with the best equipment and trainers (heck, it's part of their job, right?).
    It coule be a situation where Heath starts playing in October, but isn't his old self most of the season (much like James Harrison has been this year).
    Dispute this if you like, but you don't have surgery and go right back to being one of the best in the world at your position in just a few months.
    These guys have worked most of their life to get to this point. Sure, many of them just work to maintain their conditioning, but this is a major setback.
    My prayers are with Heath and his quick rehab...and for the Steelers to NOT put him back to work too soon.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Our best, most clutch player is severely
    injured. probably looking at half way into next season
    before we see this great football player. Its a shame
    we have lots of work to do this off season. Good luck Heath
    in your rehab, God I wish we had more Heath Millers on our team.

15. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    :)
    okay! yeah, Heath's the best, hope he'll kill the Vikes next year at Wembley all day long so i can scream HEEEEEEATH the whole freaking game (well, at least while the O is on the field :D)

16. jenyeart

jenyeart Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Screw it...you can scream HEEEEAAAATTTHHH when the defense is on the field too! He may actually hear you on the sideline! :)

17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Our most reliable player! Get well soon Heath! I will continue to believe that he is superhuman and be ready for next season, even if it isn't true.