1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett Thoughts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chinchilla, Oct 29, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Sounded even dumber the second time I read it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

IMG_8334.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm sure I will get some hateful responses for this, but here is a scary thought. Tim Tebow was horrible through 3 Quarters and pulled out a few 4th Quarter wins. Kenny Pickett is quite a bit better than Tebow was, but I'm sure Tebow would have looked a lot worse in a Matt Canada offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well in that case, Mason Rudolph is the only QB on the roster with multiple touchdown performances as a Steeler QB.

Multiple Touchdown Performances:
    • Mason Rudolph - 5
    • Kenny Pickett - 1
    • Mitch Trubisky - 0

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Bro, he said contention and they did make it back. The point being 17 years is way beyond the shelf life based on the talent we had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    That would be shocking if Rooney made that hire. That would change my perspective on the whole situation. I don’t think that is ever a good situation. Now if Tooney suggested Canada but gave Tomlin the final word that is different.

7. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

They won't let him audible. After Tomlin confirmed that Pickett audibled to the play that beat the Ravens at the end of the game, Tomlin also said in a press conference a day or two after the game to say that they don't want Pickett handling stuff like that. Even his protections. He said the OL could do it and there is no need to Pickett to do it regularly. He said it in the usual condescending Tomlin way were he was basically saying that Pickett doesn't need that type of control.

They are limiting the control Pickett has on the offense. His hands are often tied with no way to get out of plays. They keep limiting what Pickett could do, but never come out and take blame for any failure on the football field. All the while, the offense has protection breakdowns that have Pickett getting crushed by free rushers on plays where they have the numbers to block what the defense is doing. They leave Pickett out there for everyone to doubt the young quarterback. That's not real leadership. Tomlin used to be a great leader. He has gotten petty, arrogant, and defensive to a fault.

Tomlin's hands are all over this failure of an offense.

8. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Well if they’re skimping on coaches pay that is pretty shortsighted. I think the Rooneys value Championships I can’t see them devaluing those positions. If they really do I can’t see them being able to hold onto a good head coach very long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Kenny Pickett and a 3rd round for Justin Fields. I am down for it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Smart ass. :laughs:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Im not sure if it’s true or not but it was reported at the time and was discussed on here recently. Rooney has a big hand in these decisions IMO.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/01/d...-from-rooney-additional-hires-still-possible/

Again from my point of view I just dont see how having an inexperienced or under-qualified staff benefits Tomlin, if it is him driving the ‘hiring from within’ agenda then it is incredibly foolish and short sighted of him. He already has excellent job security and further success on the field strengthens that further and underpins his legacy. He should want the very best coaches alongside him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The bottom-line question is, after 17 years of Tomlin, are you happy with where the Pittsburgh Steelers are and the outlook for the future?
    No other questions matter right now or should. I don't give a crap about how he relates to players who love to play for him. It's called "lack of discipline" and it's a great environment to be employed in. So, are we where we want to be? JMO>

13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If the current Rooney valued championships, we wouldn't be in the situation we're in. JMO>

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If he was going to use some team ....use a team that won a SB. We were just in a AFC Championship game ( one game away from a SB) 6 years ago. Let's not act like it's been a lifetime ago.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You honestly believe with the same Qbs we have , and a different HC... we automatically go deep in the playoff???. Would You put some real money on that???

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We shall see. Only wins matters in the end to Me. Stats are stats. When they win a SB then I will agree.

17. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022

Tomlin teams aren’t buttoned up and we will never be in another Super Bowl under him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    It does feel like a lifetime ago and we all know we got smoked in that game and it felt like we had no chance the moment we lined up in zone with our DB's off the television screen they were so far back and Brady went to work.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wins a win, and a loss is a loss. We were still the 2nd best team that year. Since Patriots won that SB.

20. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
  21. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    the CBA prevents them from skimping on Player pay. They are required to spend a certain % of the cap, I think it’s 90%.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Neil O’Donnell would be able to replace Pickett. I mean get your logistics out of your ar$es. Kenny doesn’t have it, he’s more worried about his hair than the next play. He can’t handle the hits or the NFL for that matter. Pittsburghs best QB is stationed at #3 string, this should tell you people something.

People who defend Pickett have no clue what they are talking about. He was a waste of pick just because of his homeboy status. A 26 year old, injury prone bum with long hair will be his legendary status in Pittsburgh. Wake up to the smell of coffee and not Kenny’s long silky shampooed hair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Good question. I am not. The only way Tomlin stays is if we get a whole new offensive staff and a new DC. Tomlin would have I. Out but not the ultimate decision on the coaches. He would also be asked to focus less on micro managing and let coordinators coach.

24. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Maybe his experience experience with Todd Haley soured that whole tenured coach thing. I think they need Khan involved in the next hires.

25. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    If they don't let him audible, how was he able to audible out of that play in the Ravens game? I'd have to look it up, but my understanding from a quote from Kenny himself is that he only changed the protection on that play.

People keep making excuses for him, but Kenny needs to find a way to play better. Mitch sucks, but at least he threw a touchdown pass and used his legs when the play broke down, instead of running right into sacks.

I get it, we're used to 4th quarter comebacks given all the years with Big Ben, but the difference is Ben actually played well throughout entire games and not just the fourth quarter.