1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who go we root for in the afc now

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Real steel, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
  2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It would kill me if Ravens or Pats won the Superbowl. I can live with anything else.

3. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Root for me. On the day of the AGCG I will be taking my test and range qualifying to get my carry concealed permit

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I am rooting for the pats now, friend of mine is a big pats fan. We can't win so I don't really care who wins

5. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Root for an AFC team? no way.

Vikes (for AP) or Seahawks (cause they play proper football and are not coached by a Hairball like SF)

6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Who I absolutely want to lose:
    Baltimore
    49ers
    Patriots
    Packers
    Cowboys

I'll pull for Houston (draft class 2004)
    Denver
    Redskins (something endearing about RGIII since Parker attacked him)
    Atlanta (only elite QB from that draft)

7. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Houston, Denver
    Vikings or Bears, Packers

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yep no way i root for afc im for packers (i love randall cobb) we could have got him in the second rd BTW

9. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ditto.

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    houston in afc
    seattle in nfc

11. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Would it be evil of me to just root for career ending injuries starting with Tom Brady then maybe a player or two take out either of the Hairballs?

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm just going to root for individuals. PEYTON, PEYTON......................

13. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think the AFC will come down to a clash between Manning and Brady, and this time Manning wins. I like the Texans but I don't see Schaub able to beat either of those guys, and I think that is a team that peaked too early. I am also looking forward to seeing both AFC North teams get booted from the playoffs. The Ravens will no doubt have some excruciatingly painful loss, as the Ed Reed/Ray Lewis era creaks to an end. I am actually looking forward to seeing the Patriots hammer Cincy. As long as Marvin Lewis is their coach- which seems to be a lifetime position- they'll be no better than the 9 win team they are now and were last year.

The team playing the best in the NFL right now is the Seahawks, a team with a bright future no matter what happens this year. I liked the 49ers early in the year, but after watching their defense give up 73 points in the last 2 weeks- forget it. A Falcons/Seahawks matchup in the division round could be very interesting.

14. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    AFC- Texans
    NFC- Any team but the Seahags and the Cowboys.

15. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    AFC - Texans or Colts
    NFC - Wow, I hate everyone over there:
    • Tired of seeing Rogers and Matthews on TV, so no GB
    • Hate Atlanta and everything about it
    • No Hairballs allowed, and do not want them to catch us in the ring count
    • Hate Jerry Jones, so Dallas
    • Can't stand Pete Carroll
    • No repeat winners allowed, therefore no Giants

I guess that leaves me the Vikings and Da Bears to root for. Oh, wait, forgot about the Redskins. That would be OK to. Would be kind of neat to see the two rookies fight it out in the SB.

Now, I think it will actually come down to Denver and either GB or Atl.

Oh well...:facepalm:

16. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Texans , but they suck with the injuries on D, it's usually the offense that gets hurt which prevents them from going to the SB. That team is cursed.

ahhhh this post is my 666 :twisted: guess I just cursed them some more for picking them

17. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Anybody but the Harbaughs. Don't care who wins it as long as they don't.

18. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    HOMER ALERT! HOMER ALERT! LOL.

19. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    As long as Free Agency doesn't rear its ugly little head I would say you're right. However if Free Agency DOES rear its ugly little head I would like to have some of their corners or Marshawn Lynch.

20. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Here are the teams I absolutely CAN"T root for, I despise these teams with every fiber in my body:

Dallas
    Green Bay
    San Francisco
    Baltimore
    New England
    Denver

Here are the teams I dont like, but could handle winning:

Atlanta
    Indianapolis
    Chicago
    Houston
    Washington

The teams I would like to see win but cant root for because I am a Steeler fan and I honestly dont know how to "root" for another team are:

Cincinnatti
    Seattle

I know Seattle fans are sore losing whinning a$$ crybabies, but I like that Russell Wilson is putting up the numbers he has without all the hype of Luck and RGIII. The kid is an athlete and has played well.

Cincinnatti is a division team and if we cant win it, might as well be an AFC north team not named the ratbirds.

21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I guess I can handle Cinci winning too ( but they won't) Coach Lewis is first class and with Ojo-Pinocchio gone they're more likeable.

22. Dick Shiner

Dick Shiner Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    1) Indianapolis 2) Houston 3) Denver 4) Cincinnati 5) Baltimore 6) New England

23. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I would never, ever, root for another team from the Steelers division to win.

For me, it comes down to "rooting rights" or "mock factor". How sweet it is to look back at an era, say the last 10 years, and say to all the other divisional foes, "you can have 2012, but we have our two Super Bowls, and you have ZERO".

24. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I thought I was the only one. I admire Brady and the Pats offense, they do things no one else has ever done,and they innovate every year. They have only a few superstars and win w\ guys that other teams pass on. Welker was elsewhere, Gronk was a nobody. The are smarter than anyone when it comes to getting value in a salary cap era. They attack, they want to beat you by 50, not just hang close until the 4th Q. I saw a game once where they got pinned on their 1 by a punt and came out 5 Wr. Daring the D to stop them. I know why people hate them, but they are to me the most fascinating and interesting team I've seen I watching 50 years of football

25. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I'm rooting for this season to end and next season to start.