1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Todd Haley's playcalling does suck t!t and Ben was really bad today....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 23, 2012.

1. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I dunno,

Ben I am one of your biggest supporters and yet today you looked awful. Why?

Todd Haley your play calling sucked. Whats with the 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down no back field pass? I think you're the reason why Ben has choked on thick head lately.

My conclusion, Ben didn't look interested today, actually he looked annoyed. I also noticed no teammates of Ben gave him "NO" condolences after that brutal int. why?

has Bad Ben lost the team? Or is it Mike Tomlin/ Haley lost the team?

This is another loss where the Steelers once again beat themselves.

Trade for QB Cousins this off season and give the Redskins a #1 pick because the draft will be weaker than sh!t....

fncking merry xmas......................................................

2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Why fire BA if we're just going to run the same empty set on 3rd and 1 inside the redzone? At least BA's offense could rack up yardage. I think our offense will be better during Haley Year 2, but it sure has looked the worse I can remember in the last few games. I think that Ben looks and acts like a disgruntled employee, and that maybe he isn't buying into the system that Haley is trying to sell, especially with the recent results.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You mean you are saying trade Ben for Cousins? Seriously dude you should step away from the egg nog.

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    before the injurie of ben our offense was good then happen something

5. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yep!:this!:

As has been pointed out in several threads, the play calling, especially today, was, well, just bad! AND...Ben has not looked good since the injury. He has been, for the most part, way off target. The rest this off-season will do him some good. Then back next year and away we go! :herewego:

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, they totally got away from the quick passing game, maybe Bens shoulder was affecting those throws, he was throwing a lot of those short passes into the turf after he came back.

7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

And are we the worst screen play team you ever saw? :facepalm: Actually I have seen better high school teams run screens better.

8. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    there has to be a guy out there that is a good play caller. Haley seems to call terrible plays that are obviously coming. i watch other teams run the ball on 4th and short and they gain 5 or 6 yards. they also dont line up in an obvious run formation. this team seems to telagraph every play.

they run the worst bubble screens and screens of any kind. im not letting Ben off the hook, but Haley doesnt seem to be the guy. not every hire is going to be a great one.

they either need to look for someone else for OC or let Haley come back and watch another year of Bens career go by. hes not getting any younger and he was taking a real beating the last half of the year.

i know the Steelers dont just run guys out of town, but again not every hire is going to work out. i hope the FO looks at every coach this offseason including Tomlin.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not ready to run Haley out of town after one season but this team does have a bad history with OC's hired outside the organization.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    IF Ben doesn't make stupid decisions in Dallas and today are we having this conversation? Ben was having a career year until he got hurt. He still has 23 td's and 7 picks. That's not bad. The thing that is bad is that 3 of those picks were pick 6's. Also under Haley until today Ben was MUCH more upright. These are positives that were a rarity under BA.

11. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    So true. It's unfortunate that a lot of us will remember Haley's first season as the post-Ben Roethlisberger injury debacle rather than the offense that was starting to gain some steam prior to Kansas City.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, which is why I have been saying all along that you can't give a final grade on Haley based on one season. A season where you lost your QB for 3 1/2 games no less. We'll see how things continue to evolve next season, if Haley is still here.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'LL say it again bring C. GAILEY back

14. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    The guy that doesn't feature CJ Spiller? No thanks. My #1 target is Hue Jackson, if we do need a new OC. But we all know that if a move is made it'll be Cedric Wilson that gets the job.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Kirby you mean right? I wouldn't mind Hue but would prefer Norv.

16. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Anyone thinking Haley is getting fired after 1 season as the Steelers OC is a complete idiot.

Tomlin has a better chance of getting canned and tha should be a consideration.

17. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    :this!:

18. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

19. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    kurt warner is younger than batch right

keep batch
    dump leftovers
    and watch warner carve up defenses with the weapons we have

"hey kurt i read your book when i was younger" ben
    if it wasn't for JH pick 6 different story

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think he will be fired but why would that be such an impossibility for you? It's not like they have never done it before. They don't have the same longevity with OC's as they do with HC's.

22. GB_Steel

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah, my bad, Kirby Wilson not Cedric Wilson. All this talk of Cowher has me living in the past!

23. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

Because it's a total knee jerk reaction that the Rooneys are not going to make.

Haley has an egotistical QB that is not willing to buy into his system for one reason or another. It's just the way I see it. I like both player and coach but if either of them would be will to put their hard headed brains aside then I really think that they can help each other to the ultimate success.

All I know though is that Tomlin doesn't have control of the situation and that is apparent.

24. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

I remember the terrible Joe Walton experiment in 1990-91. Even he got two years so I guess Haley will get at least one more unless he wants to leave.

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

The only thing that's changed is our 3rd down conversion rate. Haley was te king of the 1 yard pass and the draw play in kc and that has continued here.