1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Penalty on Keisel

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shadowmaker, Dec 23, 2012.

1. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Has this been in the sports world news talk at all? What about Teabowing? What about the guys who crawl around on the ground after a sack? Have the pussifed pro football so much you cant let you knee hit the ground when you celebrate. I m sure theres more said about wifes, kids, and family members on the line and when they are jawing at each other that a knee on the ground 'taunting' isnt gonna cause them to lose sleep.

2. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    A player scores a TD and does a back flip with no penalty called yet Kiesel does the same thing he has all season after a sack and it's 15 yards?

The league is so inconsistent it's not even funny.

3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, this one was total crap.

I thought the rule was that it was considered excessive if they continue to celebrate after being giving a warning. When was he warned?

4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I still think the Lambeau leap should be a penalty.
    But I heard it was grandfathered,

5. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It all depends on what crew is out their. Ron Winters crew calls every little thing and then we have the crew tonight. That was a dumb call.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That was such a **** call, a game of this magnitude and you call that ticky tacky garbage, unreal.

7. polyjb

polyjb Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    How about Sherman's pick in the SEA game just now. YOu would think he scored a touchdown by his antics afterwards - no flag for taunting. He even jumped back over the intended receiver during the celebration. NFL is a joke.

:godell:

8. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The problem was the Steelers had so few sacks this year the refs weren't used to seeing it

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :lolol:

10. jenyeart

jenyeart Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Totally bogus. Kiesel should be able to fine the ref and take his money!
    He didn't taunt anybody or do the slash across his neck or anything like that.
    I think they should just drop the whole penalty for celebrating thing altogether...unless it's directly taunting another player.
    Heck, it's entertaining! Isn't that what the NFL is all about? Entertaining people to make money?

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    A big pile of poo! Keisel has done that celebration for a long time now and has NEVER been penalized. I was like WTF?

12. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Dam this hurts but I agree with you gp

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I saw a photo in the paper this morning of Charger Kendall Reyes after a sack not just on a knee, but pointing to something as he hovers over whatever the Jets QBs name was. Since I don't watch Charger games, was he penalized? I'm guessing no.

14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Total BS call, and I was really embarrassed to be a NFL fan at that moment.

Keisel has 25 career sacks over an 11 year career. He has done the archerer celebration after most of those sacks, and has never been penalized. In a pivotal game, they call this bs? Keisel should be getting an apology from Goodell & Mike Carey this morning.

15. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Agree!

16. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i was really hoping he would get another sack just to see what he would do.

17. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Keisel has been doing his bow and arrow routine forever and did it this year before without a penalty, strange call, how many times have we seen vikings DE jared allen do his calf rope routine after a sack without a penalty?

18. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They need to rescind all celebration penalties. The whole idea of penalizing a celebration is dumb. If it takes too long, throw a flag for delay of game.

Speaking of delay of game, why is the offense not given back time when a defensive delay of game is called? Yesterday, after the Bengals DOG penalty before Ben's INT, the refs never reset the game clock. If they're not supposed to, I think that's an incredible oversight by the rules committee.

19. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    That call is potentially the game-changer, and I think the officials knew it. Keisel has been doing this for years - even he said so - and I'm sure these officials have all seen it. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but that specific call reeks of a "fix" being on. I know it was early, but it was also apparent that the Steelers had the upper hand. Yes - the Steelers defense still stopped the Bengirls, but it cost the Steelers at least 30 yards of field position - 30 yards that led to a poor-choice interception - pick 6.

The difficult part of a complaint like this is that all of the haters will say that it is just a Steelers fan being a "cry-baby". Well, I'm not being a cry-baby because I really don't think that the Steelers deserved to be in the playoffs this year. I really think this was just one of those years that wasn't in the cards for the Steelers. I just also happen to think that the officiating was one of the factors in this not being their year. I do not think that it was just coincidence this year that the the Steelers got all of the "bad" calls at the right moments. I think the Steelers shot themselves in the foot, but had a lot of help doing it as well and the call against Keisel couldn't have been any more blatant an example of the theory.

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    are we the only team that gets rooked at home?

the low hit on ben. no flag.

keisel. BS flag.

the receiver that landed out of bounds and the ref was 5 feet away watching the whole play and called it a catch.

the pushoffs all game long by the bengal receivers.
    :hmmm::cool:

21. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    See my post above. I'm not saying that there was a "fix", but there certainly are plenty of examples in this game and many others that the officials were going to make it very dfficult for the Steelers to go anywhere this year.

22. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    When that drive stalled and Bengals punted, Tomlin, Keisel, and Carey had a long and animated "discussion", assume about the call. Keisel eventually walked away shaking his head. Tomlin and Carey continued talking until the commercial was over. Tomlin's body language basically said :bscow: and Keisel walked over to the bench to discuss it with the rest of the D.

The really sad part is that I thought we would get a pretty good game out of the refs. I feel that Mike Carey is a pretty good official. So much for that...:shrug: