1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who here thinks the Steelers don't deserve playoffs?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 4EvrH8O'donnel, Dec 18, 2012.

1. PitJax

PitJax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And you guys can all KMA. Fairweather has nothing to do with it. Where I live, people were coming up to me and asking how I could suffer being a fan. I tell them it's not easy. I've been a Steelers fan longer than you have been alive. I remember the days before Chuck Noll, when Buddy Parker was a coach. When a team played against the Steelers, the Steelers may not have won, but they delivered bruises. No one wanted to play the Steelers, not with Big Daddy Lipscomb, because they knew they would be hurt. I remember going to games at Forbes Field and Pitt Stadium and watching Kent Nix. But now, I see a disinterested team with little or no leadership from the coach.
    And yes, I'll still be watching them this Sunday against the Bengals, and giving them everything I got. But when I see heart again, I'll proudly wear my Steeler gear.

2. PitJax

PitJax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Also wanted to tell you SOBs that I've been waiting 25 years for season tickets.

3. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

Just Curious. Why didn't you get tickets way back when you watched them at Forbes Field and Pitt Stadium? I'm sure there were plenty available when they moved to TRS.

4. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Bro just by starting a thread like this on here, you had to know that it was going to start a controversy.. you have to expect some backlash

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I've found that someone is only going to do or say to you what you will let them. If someone wants to call me out for wearing my Steelers gear then we'll be getting dirty. Also when I was younger I worked with this old guy who when I questioned why he did something a certain way he responded " I've been doing this a hell of a lot longer than you kid" to which I responded " Just because you been doing something for a long time doesn't mean you're any good at it"

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You're that old and still care what other people think? Wear your gear, who gives a ****.

7. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    "All you SOB's can KMA". Why don't you tell us how you really feel ? Too funny ! :roflmao::roflmao:

8. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What the hell is going on, here???? :lolol: :lolol:

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    GREAT question Tommy Boy! LOLOLOLOLOL!

10. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    This

11. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Deserves has nothin' to do with it... If and it's a BIG if, they make the playoffs, clean up their play and get somewhat healthy, I like their chances against anyone. Steelers have as much talent as any team in the league IMO..

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Love the Clint Eastwood quote.

13. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good catch Glenn..

14. PitJax

PitJax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Last comment. Yeah, I'm that old. How many college kids can afford season tickets? That's why I didn't buy them back in the 60s.
    All I'm saying is these Steelers show little heart, little fire, and I blame it on Tomlin.

15. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, Tomlin makes the receivers miss passes, the running backs and kick returners fumble the ball and the defense miss tackles.

16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, haven't you seen Tomlin on the sidelines with his PS3 controller. One of the buttons must be sticky or non-responsive.

17. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

If the Steelers come out un-emotional, flat and unprepared today then I am putting that all on Tomlin. This is a huge game that the entire team needs to show up for.

18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am of the mind that the best team is usually the healthiest team. Of course there is exceptions and Green Bay was one

Bman

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm putting it on everybody, everyone should know the importance of this game.

20. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I hate the mentality of "our season starts today". If you are a professional you should be of the mentality that your season starts WHEN IT ACTUALLY STARTS!!! How many times this year have we been like "ok TODAY is the day we are gonna get it together" and then come out and play like garbage? If we lose today it's on EVERYone and they ALL need to take inventory of what they REALLY want to accomplish. Ben needs to quit crying about the offense. Wallace needs to quit crying about his contract. Mendy needs to show up and shut up. Dwyer needs to shape up and quit asking for relief after every two plays. Tomlin needs to drop whatever "ism" he has used all week. They need to just go out there and be professionals and give us a Steelers team worth rooting for. They need to get in the film room and study the Patriots. They come out ready to play and have killer instinct. If the Pats had played that crappy Chargers team it would've been over before it started. Instead we come out and think just because we have Ben back that we need no intensity. Well we see how that worked out. Stop taking things for granted and stop acting entitled and play football.

21. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If the entire team needs to show up, why is Tomlin the only one to blame if they don't?

22. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I don't and I still don't think they will.

23. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ok I agree with u all they r not a playoff team

24. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The clear answer: NO WE DON'T!!!!!

What an UGLY season!