1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

our defensive and offensive schemes sucks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by francobettis, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe we led the league in sacking the QB last year.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nobody was saying this year's defense was great after one game, the Steelers aren't the only team that struggled in week one :rolleyes:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Todd S

Todd S Member

Sep 18, 2023
    Coordinators partly to blame. This is the weakest linebacker core I've seen in 50 years. They're slow, sluggish and far from Superior athletes. They have a responsibility to shine in challenging moments. They're being made to look like fools by quicker tight ends and quick running backs. Prepare for a long winless season.

4. Todd S

Todd S Member

Sep 18, 2023

5. Todd S

Todd S Member

Sep 18, 2023
    Coordinators partly to blame. This is the weakest linebacker core I've seen in 50 years. They're slow, sluggish and lack the athleticism to get the job done. They're being made to look like fools by quicker tight ends and fast running backs. They've got an obligation to perform at the highest level when making the starting lineup. Prepare for a long winless season.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I would say our ILB, safety, and CB rooms in total are all mediocre. It shows with our poor tackling.

Scheme wise, I’m still seeing our ILBs hitting the wrong gaps in run defense. Different players, but same results as last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    A long winless season this didn't age well, they're 1-1, the ILBs of this year is still better than the group in 2022.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Ownership wants a more dominant run game.

Coaches talk a more dominant run game.

Fans clamor for a more dominant run game.

This week vs the Raiders we finally see a more dominant run game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, teams will continue to stack the box until Pickett can show more in the passing game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Lets hope!

11. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    You can definitely use the pass to open up the run, but Canada will have to open up the reads to help Pickett out as well. They're running a lot of half-progression reads right now, which takes out options and, IMO, is contributing to Pickett's lack of composure in the pocket. His accuracy has been off of his norm. Not giving him a total pass, but some of the regression we've seen the past two games I think is coming from a lack of comfort back there; he's pressing.

12. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2023
    Yea, the ILBs are just tremendous over last year; if Chubb didn't go down from injury he would have put up 200 yards on his own. Super.