1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Tickets

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Need some help from my Steeler brethren. Coming down to the Burgh to see the Ravens game. I have been several times before and always purchase tickets before the game through Ebay, StubHub or Ticketmaster.

The problem is the cost of decent tickets has increased significantly. Thinking about scalping. So my question what is your opinion, recommendations and or experience?

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Put together an amazing spread of food/drink and watch the game at home

• Like Like x 3
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Sounds good but I love the atmosphere of being there in person and my daughters ( pictured in my profile) won't let me not go this time. I keep trying to get out of it lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well at the least the game won't be flexed. Can't trust scalpers. I paid 300 some years ago for end zone seats like 12 rows up through a site. I would peel for the tickets with a reputable source. If the prices are out of bounds then do as strummerfan suggested.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Seeing a game live is so much better than on tv

So much is lost on tv

But you are correct on pricing

For resale the Steelers have the 9th highest home game price and 4th highest markup for road games

I would stick with a reputable reseller

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I tend to agree about seeing it live. Best seats for an event I ever had was very first row at a PEN/flyer game. I must have flinch 100 times. At an NFL game it's awesome when the QB throws a deep pass and you can watch the play develop from above.

Only sport I'll never go see live again, Golf. Not for an older man. Constant walking and the young trampled me to get close. I was like 30 people back from Tiger. Most Golf fans my age sit in one spot and see all the golfers come through but I wanted more then one glance at Tiger.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I was there in 2018 and we had end-zone seats, which was awesome. We were on the end we could see Jumbotron. Is there any way to verify tickets from scalpers. Like can they be scanned for authenticity?

8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We are going to the Cardinals game. We paid 142.00/pp for section 226 or something. It was from a friend who has season tickets. They are definitely more expensive than they have been.

• Like Like x 1
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I’ve been to enough football games that the comfort of my own home is more than enough. Food and drink are vastly superior, no lines for the bathroom, no hassles with traffic or parking… The pros outweigh the cons by a large margin.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah I know a bunch of old women like that

I suppose when I get old I’ll also be a curmudgeon and not want to go but that day is a long way off

I start my 54th season as a ticket holder

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    You just can't beat the atmosphere of a live game. Hell, the tailgating alone is better than sitting on your ass at home on the couch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Yea, the atmosphere vs the aholes always comes into consideration. Volunteered to take a disabled individual to a Nascar event at the PA speedway (whatever it's called). Security waved me to the wrong spot and found ourselves in the VIP place where the network operated. Had free food, free drinks and the guy shook hands with some celebrities..until security kicked us out lol. We sat in the bleachers for about an hour and the guy looked at me and said, "the hot dogs taste better with VIP's lol.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    You were old the first year you went. Curmudgeon is not an age..it's an attitude, you are a nice curmudgeon at times..but still a curmudgeon. Lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    …at times…

:drinks:

15. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    All tickets are now digital download, it has pretty much eliminated most of the on the street ticket scalpers.

Some of them still do operate but not at the level they used too (you can still find a few by PNC Park and by Red Garage 5 near the On the street clothing vendors), but they get other fans who don't want to go tickets digital on their phone, you pay them cash on an agreeable price they will send you the tickets.

But Ticketmaster runs the show on all tickets now, its impossible to get in the game without a digital ticket and a smart phone device.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    If you’re going to use an aftermarket ticket site, I’d recommend Tickpick…. No hidden fees, the price per ticket is the real price without any surprises at checkout

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Thank you. Never heard of it. Will check it out. GO STEELERS

• Like Like x 1
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

A few years back I took my son to a PGA tournament and we were walking from hole 9 up to 15 to meet my brother and a golf ball came flying thru the trees and dang near hit us off of 11 and landed on the golf cart path. We were literally 3 feet away and word spread quickly that it was TW's ball. I could not believe that the area we were in went from less than 10 people walking the path to thousands in less than a minute. Needless to say we did not move and he hit it off the golf cart path pavement right back on the green to save par. I took about 30 pictures of him from about 6 feet away after they made us back up to give him room.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 4