1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB disparity

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Jball, May 2, 2023.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The talent at QB in the AFC as opposed to the NFC is sort of unbelievable now. It was BAD before but now it's abysmal.

AFC:
    Mahomes
    Allen
    Lawrence
    Herbert
    Burrow
    A. Rodgers
    L. Jackson
    Watson
    Jimmy G
    Wilson
    KFP
    Tua
    Jones
    Tannehill
    Stroud
    Richardson

NFC:
    Hurts
    Goff
    Cousins
    Murray
    Stafford
    Prescott
    D. Jones
    Carr
    Geno
    Fields
    Lance
    Love
    Howell
    Mayfield/Trask
    Ridder
    Young

LOL! I mean, it's like a f***ing joke!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, but if You think about the last generation it was a joke also. I'm only talking about the forsure guys here, but ...You had Ben, P. Manning, Rivers, and Brady in the AFC( hell that's over 11 SB wins right there. ...not even counting Flacco), and the NFC had Cam, Rodgers, E. Manning, Wilson and Brees.. 5 SB wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Rich Eisen was talking about this saying the 7th seed in the AFC has to be a really good team, while in the NFC they are scraping to find a team that is 8-9 to be their 7th seed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    I don’t see Purdy on your list. I believe the 49ers have a 50/50 shot at winning the super bowl if they keep Purdy healthy

5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    wear you from boy?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Where?

7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    wut?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    WOW! That may be the lamest defense of a premise that I've seen in awhile. The AFC has 15 of the best 32 QB's, yet you're going to be a supreme, victorious, luminous being with Brock Purdy? First off, he isn't going to be the starter. He may not even play in 2023. Maybe you didn't realize he had a major injury at the end of the season? Tore his UCL. Not to mention, the 9'ers have a top 10 pick invested in Lance. Beyond that, you must have a greater defense of the pathetic NFC QB situation vs the AFC. I hope that you're brilliant trump card over Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Rodgers, Jackson, Watson, aand Lawrence isn't the impregnable Brock Purdy, who's elbow may be gone? :shrug:

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The reports on Purdy are more promising than that, but yeah, he doesn't exactly tip the scales the NFC's way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    I am not saying the NFC is loaded. I just think you putting Trey Lance on the list is insane. I still believe if Purdy is healthy they will win the Super Bowl. The 49ers having a easy way to the super bowl helps. Kind of like the Patriots and the NFC East for 20 years.

11. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The Tampa Qb situation is ridiculous. Ok, this is an NFL franchise. That should mean something. They recently won a SB. They aren't a garbage organization.

That being said, how does this happen?

They're going into the season with a QB room of Kyle Trask, Baker Mayfield, and John Wolford.

This is the best that you could do? Seriously? Do you expect me to believe that you're really trying your hardest?

I think they only have 3 guys on the roster that have more than a $10 million cap hit.

If you're gonna tank this hard, why not trade Mike Evans, who's cap hit is an unbelievable 24 million dollars? You might be able to get a 3rd rd pick for him. Even at his age and contract. Though, they'd have to eat some of it. They're gonna end up trading White too. Not sure what they could get for him? He's on the last year of his deal.

They'll completely tank and end up with the top pick next year, unless the Rams can tank even harder. I'm sure the Rams would love to keep Caleb in LA.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is what happens when You sell out for a SB. People act like they just paid for T. Brady, and they won. They added like 26 other players that year. This is why I never want the Steelers to do it. I rather have good season after good season, and slowly build for a championship. Also I think Trask is ok.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    More Purdy love... Purdy is the next Duck Hodges, gone with a funny footnote in the history books. He just does not have the talent required to play in the NFL. Like watching an outfielder play pitcher and striking out some batters with his 52 mph fastball. The next time threw the lineup they all go deep on him.

In time the legend of Purdy will only grow and become more insane, now that all his fanboys can blame his injury and say .... "Well before the injury, he was a Hall of Famer for sure!" :)

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  14. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    What makes you so sure? I saw a kid playing with poise and confidence. He may indeed flame out at this point but for Mr. Irrelevant he had a pretty damn good run. Seemed to me that all the talent he needed was right there. So we'll see how his story plays out. I'm rooting for the kid

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Cap numbers are at times useless to try and figure out. Bottom line every team has to spend the exact number and it has to be accounted for. the carrying over stuff what gets me, I know there is a formula, it SEEMS some teams have carry over every year..and at that huge amounts. I know there are ways to move the overages, but in the end that number belongs to the players through the CBA. Perhaps they are setting up to try and get a FA QB next year, or a prized rookie and build around him, this years FA QB pickings were pretty slim, but agree that group is nothing special.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't know where you are getting this nonsense. Maybe Purdy doesn't work out long term, but he was far better than Duck Hodges this past season. It's not close.

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Purdy had Shanahan in his corner, Shanahan could have made you look like an NFL QB.

Put Mason Rudolph in the SF Offense with Shanahan running the show, and we would be calling Rudolph an All-Pro QB.

To me Kyle Shanahan has to prove to the world that Trey Lance is the real deal or it may go down as the worst Draft pick in NFL history. Shanahan trade 3 first round draft picks to get to select Lance.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All I know is He'd probably get hurt. Whatever they got going on makes most Qbs not only look good, but get injured. Every Qb that plays for them gets injured.

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I wouldn't worry if I were you in this regard.

Why?! Pittsburgh tried doing this very same maneuver from 1959 until 1968 due to the rise of teams attempting to emulate the success of the Green Bay Packers in addition of looking for *that dude* at coach who was as rough 'n' tough as Lombardi was. Clearly, neither situation worked out as Pittsburgh's results speak for themselves. Chuck Noll onward to Mike Tomlin?! Hasn't happened... nor is it going to ever do so.

The Rooney's had already attempted their hand drumming to the beat of the NFL before Noll was hired. Hiring Chuck Noll in addition to allowing him and the FO to build through the draft is what garnered Pittsburgh success even though Noll's fruits of labor would not bear until 1972. Post 1972, Pittsburgh's success derives from using the draft as a major method to build the roster; having Free Agency as a component for multiple variables; tutelage to younger players, stopgap measures or in rare cases, long term solutions. For me, this is the best method and one that other teams have clearly taken a cue from; Ravens, Chiefs and Broncos.. to name a few.

Long story short?! Teams that sell out for the Super Bowl are often in one of two camps; Franchises with a long history of futility (Tampa Bay) or teams attempting to maximize their profitability and economic growth via warp speed to compensate for a lack of a healthy enough fan base in their respective region (Los Angeles Rams.). Pittsburgh is in neither and will continue to be in neither for the foreseeable future. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No doubt Shanahan is an advantage, but no, he could not turn Rudolph into an All-Pro. Also, Purdy is still going to have that advantage this year. Your take still makes no sense.

Trading up for Lance is looking like a disaster, but Purdy's development might help them weather it just fine.

21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Time will tell on Purdy.... I have been wrong before.

I remember when I was just completely shocked when the Patriots moved on from Drew Bledsoe for a nobody in Tom Brady. I couldn't believe how stupid the Patriots were for putting all their cards on a 1 year flash in the pants QB that should have went undrafted! :)

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There is no maybe about your comparison of Purdy to Duck Hodges. They weren't even close. The foolish notion that Rudolph would be an All-Pro in any NFL offense wasn't much better.

23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I stand by my evaluation of Brock Purdy; out of the league completely in 3 years from now. See you in 2026, or maybe sooner.

And I am sure you will say.... "well that is because of his injury"

Funny. After watching Tyler Huntley make a Pro Bowl with the Ravens last year, you honestly do not believe Mason Rudolph could do the same thing with Kyle Shanahan running his offense?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I think Mason kicked His cat. LoL

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Making a Pro Bowl is not the same thing as All Pro. Huntley making the Pro Bowl last season was a joke. The guy played in four games and threw only two touchdown passes. He wasn't even good. How do you not know that? Do better.