1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

YT’s nfl Sunday ticket is $$$

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    As a Canadian, I will be subscribing once again to DAZN to watch Steelers games.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    For YT they will likely monitor accounts very closely, I have seen accounts suspended and shut down for pretty minor infractions. For the 'small stuff' I agree they might not bother to much, but small is becoming more and more a viable source of income. I was listening to the weekly Penn State show on local radio and the one commentator was lamenting just how unimportant they are treating fans who go to events (especially local). I guess they decided to move the Mich State/ Penn State game to black friday and to Ford field in Detroit. It's 'only' a 90 min drive from Lansing, but the inconvenience on a holiday, all the rest that goes with it, plus the feeling of loss of your home field. I have no idea if it will be nationally televised, but he specifically mentioned that streaming is becoming the main motivation, fans in the stands are becoming an afterthought because more can be made in individual markets by streaming and tapping into that huge alumni base.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    When is the last day for the early sign up discount? I'm not switching to YouTube but want to get Da Ticket.

4. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    June 6 is what I am hearing to save a $100.

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hate them moving games anywhere. Razorbacks have one they have to play every year against TA&M .....in Jerry world....,and every other year We have to pretend it's a home game....in Texas. WTF

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I got ESPN+ for streaming NHL games and it's great except for when the Wild and Pens played because I fell into the blackout area I don't think a 6 hour car ride should be considered as traveling distance for a game. If I had more than basic cable the local fox affiliate would have carried it but sadly I did not. I figured I'd take my OT pay and my holiday pay the next few months and get the ticket so I can at least stream the games anywhere in the house.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They should play that one in New Orleans, and let the fans have a fun weekend.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I know it is not as simple as this, but they have blackout rules to encourage ticket sales, yet move particular games at a whim and think nothing of the inconvenience for the fans, lol. i've heard it on several different broadcasts this week (and it may just be talking points), but the statements were that filling stands was far less important than revenue they are making from media, and money talks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So this is interesting. I signed up for YouTubeTV through Frontier, my ISP. Because I am paying for YouTube TV through a 3rd party, the billing arrangement behind the scenes can’t accommodate me signing up for NFL Sunday Ticket, either through Frontier or YouTubeTV directly. Allegedly per an article I read, once the billing interface is fixed Frontier customers will still have the ability to get the $100 discount even after June 6, but neither companies’ websites say that and their CSRs have no idea… This should be interesting.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually seriously they should play it anywhere, but Texas. How they figure its a neutral sight with Texas A&Ms actual stadium only an hour away baffles Me.

11. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    Well I just bought it. $ 377 after taxes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bought what and for how long

13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    We’ve (my gf) had YouTubeTV for 2+ years. Like it, although we don’t use it a ton. She She saw an ad for Sunday Ticket last night and asked me if I was interested.

Advice request: I typically work Sundays 0600-1500, getting home ~1530. I also don’t usually watch teams other than the Steelers. Would the Ticket be worth it ($249+tax) for me?

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm in a similar boat although not with work. The Steelers are the only game I really watch, like really into the game. Throughout Sunday and Monday night I'll have other games on but not focused attention. Normally if it's not a wide broadcast area I have my phone opened to the NFL game tracker, my iPad opened to fantasy stats, the game feed(behind by at least a minute and a half) on one monitor and the game thread on another. It's a very confusing way to take in a game. So is the price worth it? Yeah I'd pay it, I'd rather a team specific package but I'll most likely get it before Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    In my opinion, I don't know that I would spend the money if I only watched the Steelers. I watched the NFL mix channel(4 or 8 games) all the time so I got my money's worth. I feel like they will either be televised enough or a person could go to a local tavern to watch games. Downside to that is you're spending $20 or more each week at a bar for beers and food so at least with the ticket you don't have to listen to all the other idiots watching different games.

16. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022

I love it. I'm not a gambler but I like the option to watch every game. There's always multiple teams I want to "lose" so if they are in trouble towards the end, I can tune into their game and see what happens. Since we often play the early game, I like that I can watch my pick of the late games. I usually switch back and forth. I still think it's worth it if you only watch the Steelers. I love not having to worry about finding a seat at the bar, listening to sloppy drunks act stupid, etc. Now that's me every now and then, but not at 12:00 Central. I like watching those at home as I don't drink all day unless I'm at the game.

• Like Like x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This looks to be the 1st year since 1997 I won't have it.

18. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I will listen to radio broadcasts before I pay anywhere close to that to watch games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You know in today's crazy ass world that is not so terrible. Nice seats. We get 9 home games I think.

Had a friend pay 1600 for Philly WS ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  20. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Wife and I in a situation where no one to leave our $$$$ to. At least no one I want to get it. We are spending crazy this year for our 40th anniversary.

If people are fortunate and getting up there in age, spend that stuff!!!!!! Enjoy what your money can bring you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I wish Xfinity had a plan where I could pick the 20 channels I most watch and get rid of other useless 190.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Good for you. I cannot do it and Lord knows I tried. I tape a game and as soon as the steelers fall behind I'm fast forwarding. I just can't get the same thrill. I do enjoy re-watching games I know we win. Relaxing watching the other team celebrate knowing in the end we win:)

• Like Like x 1
  23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    MLB has a plan for watching any game you want and they have a plan which is a little less for just your team. That's for 162 games and it's around 140.00. If the NFL did that I would think a lot of fans would pay under 150.00 for just the 17 Steelers games.

• Winner Winner x 2
  24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hmmmm, surprised Ravens come into play there. I would think Eagles and our boys.

25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    If I read my Comcast bill right at the end of the month I lose Peacock unless I pay 5 a month. I get it free now.

• Informative Informative x 1