1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Knocks 2023 Edition.

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Brice, May 25, 2023.

1. New York Jets

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Chicago Bears

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. New Orleans Saints

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Washington Commanders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    • New York Jets
    • Chicago Bears
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Washington Commanders

I thought the Steelers were going to be eligible this year, having missed the playoffs last year, but the rule is they needed to miss the Playoffs for 2 years not 1.

My money is on the Jets to get the nod. Aaron Rodgers may show up to preseason if he is guaranteed more screen time. :)

Edit: I guess I should have added an "Other" option, as a team can volunteer for this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I'm actually glad the steelers cannot be eligible. Many new faces and still a young team, fewer distractions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Probably the Jets. It's them or the Bears

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    WAAAAAAH

7. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Why wouldn't you want the Steelers to be on hard knocks? Some kind of curse?

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I want them focusing on just football. It's the only time of the year that they can truly even come close to just focusing on football without distraction, and being on there would be a huge distraction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I've never watched hard knocks. Didn't even know what it was. I'm assuming they go to training camp and conduct interviews and such? Yeah that would interfere with training

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I bring this up every year when fans are sweating about having the potential "distraction" of being on Hard Knocks, what exactly is the distraction? The camera's and crew? As brought up by current and former players, most teams already have similar shows the produce themselves. Might have valuable information about the team get out? This isn't the enigma machine and we aren't talking about breaking encrypted codes. I'm pretty sure the free world knows the Steelers are about a punishing ground game and a devastating defense, nothing has changed in 40 years except that one year where they tried to make the Tommy-gun offense the identity and it failed miserably. I've watched just about every hard knocks and what I've learned is Mike Brown is unbelievably cheap, JJ Watt sleeps more than I ever will, Ochocinco loves him some McDonald's, T.O. monetized every opportunity (icatch, iblock anyone?) When Jeff Fisher says no boots after hours he means no boots or he'll cut you. Dewayne Bowe was gifted and still incredibly dumb. Carson Palmer did more for his brother than most ppl and he still couldn't keep a job. Gruden was trying to get the Bucs job back years after leaving. And so on.

I think its important to remember that just because there aren't cameras and crews doesn't mind there aren't distractions. Helicopter arrivals, specialized cars, Mr. Big Chest not staying in the 100 year old college dorms but off campus in a rental house. Ben being suspended for not growing up. Guys getting stabbed in the gut right before camp. Distraction abounds just need to focus and block out the noise.

If done right, no can defense- Mr. Miagi.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Wow just wow, fans bashing the team saying they can't focus because a camera is in their face or on the field during camp.
    You guys look for any reason to ridicule. SMH.

GREEN INK. ;)

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So add more distractions???
    Nobody, and I mean nobody acts the same on camera.....especially a camera filming something to be shown worldwide.....with the knowledge it will be show worldwide instead of just your fans.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    One of the Bengals stints on there was the year the signed Harrison and it was funny because you could see that the producers wanted to try and make him a storyline but he wasn't having it. He avoided it except for one time during a LBers meeting and he kept his back to the camera. Some of the other things that I find interesting is that the more flamboyant personalities are often the ones who are low key when the cameras are on. Ochocinco was at a bar but sitting by himself in an area of the bar, doing some sort social media watching and he admitted he didn't want to be there, it really wasn't his thing and was just doing it because it is who his fans thought he was and helped his brand.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmm....I've never watched it before, but My Brother, and many of My family members do. Strange thing is I Love football, and I watched all the XFL, USFL, College, and NFL I can, but for some reason....I've never watched that. :shrug:

15. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Same, I've never watched it other than the occasional clip on YouTube.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Same. I might watch an episode but lose interest after that. If it was Steelers I would more than likely watch it all. Less likely but maybe I would be interested if it was one of the well run teams. But the teams featured usually are a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Hmm, Steelers fighting hard to be just good enough to not be on Hard Knocks :hmm:

I wonder....

:roflmao:

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    So, wait, there's been no distraction of Hard Knocks for how many years now? But this would be too much for them to handle and they might come out the gate 2-6 then struggle to make the play-offs? Or would this be like the magic being shown to us that has somehow made this franchise Play-off contenders for the past 10 years?

19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I watched the 1st episode tonight and it was WR Wilson offensive rookie of the year, VS CB Gardner Defensive rookie of the year in practice after practice.

I still don't know what they did with Rodgers extra money he gave back this year; thought they were going to sign RB Cook, now there is a rumor out there that they are talking to Zeke.

Also, I will admit that I did not know that Wolverine's brother was the Hard Knocks Narrator, until he landed in the Helicopter.

LOL...And then the lights went out. :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wolverines brother????

21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Usually I watch HK but I am not even close to a fan of A. Rodgers so won't watch it. Never really hated the Jets but do now.

22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    upload_2023-8-26_18-54-27.png

Or, that guy who played Ray Donovan.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    The only thing keeping the Steelers from being on Hard Knocks next year will be a Playoff berth this year.

A team has to miss the playoffs for 2 straight years to be eligible for selection.

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually that was just for movies. Wolverines brother is a character named Dog. Wolverine, and Sabretooth are enemies, and Wolverine Actually killed Sabertooths brother.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    LOL.. I will go "Informative" even though most of that went completely in one ear and out the other. :)