1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

SO SAD SO SORRY NHL NEWS

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Steelpens65, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Bye bye Bruins and your record winning season!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    And I was worried they would destroy the Pens in round 1. Sadly we missed Playoffs. Now I hope Celtics take a fall.

IMO, the NHL Playoffs is the only one where you never really know. I've seen one 8 seed make it to finals only to lose in 7 games, I think. I've seen 7 seeds make it. I think they may have won it all once. Sure as hell never see that in the NBA.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    No love for the Bruins, but the Isles and Rangers being eliminated bring me more joy. If Toronto completes this choke job, then it will be wide open for me. Toronto mainly due to annoying fans and media.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Crazy stuff in NHL Playoffs!!!

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm just glad the Rangers went up in flames, the headhunting bastards.

6. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Speaking of headhunters, I was surprised Benn got the 5 and suspended 2 games

7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Trouba's hit on the 'Canes Jarvis when the series was all but over was sickening. Jarvis, to his credit, glossed over it all by saying "it was a clean hit". It was a cheap shot that served no purpose other than Trouba taking out his frustrations on a defenseless player. That team is full of cheap shot artists. And I'm really satisfied that the Rangers attempt to buy a cup by trading for Tarasenko and Kane blew up in their faces.

8. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    That was pretty nasty. The Stars completely lost composure last night. Oettinger, who had a great regular season has unraveled at times this post season. Makes what Matt Murray did in '16 and '17 all the more remarkable. Then, Max Domi blew a gasket on Connor Murphy. Hey, at least Max gets it honestly. I'm surprised. I'm rooting for the GK's to win it all, but I expected more fight out of Dallas. Anytime a Dallas team loses, I'm happy.

Defense wins championships. The high-flying Oilers, Devils, Rangers, and Avalanche all bumped off. You have to be sound defensively and you have to have quality goal tending. You can't expect to blitz teams on the score board and win it all. You have to be able to win low scoring, tight checking games. Honestly, I didn't see the Bruins getting knocked out in the first round. I thought they'd run out of gas because of the age of their stars, but I figured they'd get to the Eastern Conference Finals anyway.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Sum a ditch! Looks like Beantown going to get to have a game 7 and I'm guessing they will win:(

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012

• Like Like x 2
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Suck it Beantown!

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Good luck Vegas! So many don't have it there.

MAF showed you the way.

13. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Really physical SCF so far. Other than game one of the finals, I know Bobrosky has been pretty much lights out. But, even going back to when he started in Philly, then on to the Blue Jackets, I always felt he was somewhat of a head case. The Knights where all over him in Game 1. Hope they keep up the pressure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I want sin city but I also want all the games decided by 1 goal. Only would I enjoy the Penguins kicking ass in SCF. So far, no fun at all but am a little shocked how they are pounding each other. TBH I hope it gets tied 2-2. I want close good games! I want a game 7 in Vegas.

15. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, other than the game four OT winner by Verhaeghe for the Cats, the Knights have pretty much run right over Florida. I'd prefer to see closer games, too. Looks like VGK gets to lift the Cup at home in game 5. Up 7-2 with 10 minutes to go.

16. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Freaking Vegas, in it's very short history it has had great goaltending, (MAF!!) making Playoffs and now a Cup. What next the A's become powerhouse in MLB??

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Also , remember that in todays sports a new franchise gets the best available players right off the bat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1