1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The official 2023 NFL draft thread (no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 27, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You have messaged Me...why don't You believe others have??? They have believe Me. I just don't care to say it. That's all. Again just block Me .

2. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Messaged you for what? Oh yeah saying you're a cool person and was wondering if you wanted to attend the steeler game in Atlanta..... again all this hate you have is all because no one is picking your side with the OL UGA pick. And you are hurt that I responded with reasons it was a great decision.

How dare me be a respectful and nice guy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Stop . I'm not a kid...I have never need someone to be on My side about anything. I see You do though....So it would actually bother You if I showed what people have said about You on messages sent to Me....whereas it wouldn't bother Me a bit. Usually when the pack doesn't follow what I think actually gives Me more gratification, and verification.
    You're dumb punk.. I... for the 5000th time ...I don't hate the pick. I hate We gave the Patriots the best Cb in the draft, and our 4th round for it.

4. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Yeah, no one messaged you. No one cares. You really do try to suck the fun out of these boards.

And you do hate the pick. You hope Jones fails, just like you hoped trubisky would.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You believe that Falcons fan.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers didn't hand Gonzalez to the Patriots. They had him anyway. The Steelers likely would have had to go without both Gonzalez and Jones if they didn't make the deal, but the Patriots were getting Gonzalez either way.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    You need a hug?

8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    And the patriots got to screw the jets

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I did

10. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    He's a lightweight and not much help against the run. He is a good cover corner, but not a stud by any means (a stud can cover well and not be a detriment in run defense).
    I hear ya, but I'd rather have proven football players than guys who tested well. We've seen those guys never become good football players too many times. That said, I don't think Branch is quite as good (in college) as his reputation. I am not in love with JPJ either, but I'd rather have a dedicated outside CB than hybrid slot/S given the current roster, but either would fill a need, assuming they can come in and start or at least play more than a dozen snaps each game in 2023.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tonka Smash

Tonka Smash Active Member

May 2, 2021
    Please message each other and let the rest of us focus on the draft. It’s like high school in here right now.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Michael E

Mar 2, 2022
    Not sure I understand the constant edge need talk. We have two starters already, a position of strength. I get that depth is poor, but we need to fix poor starters before worrying about drafting someone that will barely see the field in 2023.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Michael E

Mar 2, 2022
    What if another team offers us a 2024 first rounder to move up 20 spots in round 2? That would be hard to pass up, especially if said team was mediocre/average or worse.

EDIT: I mean a straight trade of our 32 for next year first, not a move down AND next years first, that would be silly overpay by other team. My bad.

14. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    That's how I view branch. Higher ceiling, but more is unsure. Jpj is more proven, but will stay at one position, obviously.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree... Steelers need Strong Safety and CB starters. Depth at ILB and OLB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Agreed. I want to come away with three future starters with these first three picks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Well one of our starters is only signed through the end of the year and our depth is bad. Its a need. Not the biggest one, but it is one. You cant always wait until your starters are poor to draft at a position, and if we don't retain Highsmith, our starter opposite Watt would be poor. I'd be shocked if we don't walk away with an OLB in the next 3 picks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I would do that. But I don't see anyone doing it. They all had their Chance to get them late last night.

19. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @OH Steeler Fan you laugh, but it’s true. We’ve had more than one laugh at mr flatearth

20. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We have three picks tonight. One is definitely going to be a CB, the other two will come from the SS, ILB, and OLB position groups. Slight possibility we go TE if we get Washington to drop to us.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If one of them goes down we are kinda screwed. I would have probably signed a willing veteran FA

• Like Like x 1
  22. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    DL is in play, too, especially in the 3rd. Outside of a top TE falling to 49, I wouldn't even think about Offense tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And to think you two have refered to me as cranky or a curmudgeon

;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  24. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022

Come on Atlanta, you might have realized you already on 1000+ rookie rusher on your roster from last and need to draft a real need for the coming season. :smiley1:

25. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    There's still time for that. Players will be moved/cut during camp. I like the FA work that got us to the draft. Now it's draft time. Then we'll see what position(s) might still be a need.