1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bush is confused

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I quit saying “How ****ing stupid can someone be?” because people started taking it as a challenge. Like when they put breathalyzers in bars so people would know if they were too sloshed to drive. They had to take them out, because bar patrons had contests to see who could blow the highest number.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    yeah, so we can hear their fanbase continue to b*tch and whine like they have for the past 16 years... :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm guessing that him not being a good football player and an even worse personality just doesn't ring a bell to him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Did you see his draft outfit?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bush will probably be cut before the season starts. Carroll won't put up with an ILB that won't hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    He also said that getting to play with Bobby Wagner was a dream come true...
    To date, I haven't seen or heard any response from Wagner himself

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i read some clown here in some thread that said cutting him is a mistake , that he will bloom elsewhere.

give me a break. He sucks. and will suck, b/c it all starts b/t the ears, and he ain't got it upstairs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Agree. But who knows, maybe a new atmosphere and being a student (doesn’t seem like he’s a good one) of Wagner might click with him.

He seems like a diva and might have gotten salty and turned off of the Steelers fan base who were critical of his production right after his injury. Not a lot of slack with western PA football fans and he did nothing to earn any grace. The whole thing turned sour on both sides.

If he blossoms there then somewhere deep down my sweet mother imparted something good that begrudgingly makes me say good for him, but the part of me from my old man that is often more present says eff him…

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    His attitude sucks. When he was asked about his play and future in Pittsburgh his answer was “I’ll still be in the league, I’ll be playing somewhere.”

I knew he’d never be good when he said that.

He’s still waiting to figure out he isn’t good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Agreed. That was the death knell for him here. Def for the fans and most likely the coaches too. He conveyed a LOT more in those few words that were said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I agree that his attitude sucks. He may never admit he doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL linebacker. I know people who still wont admit they cant make it in the pros despite not being one for over 5 years. Your brain still remembers when you were highly ranked or performing well and you think you still have that in you. I had to make that decision once, so I can speak from experience. There's always that part of your brain telling you that you still have it, or that you can still make it. Hard to take emotion out of it when that sport is all you've done and dreamed about since you were a kid.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    We draft out of desperation at times. Bush, Jarvis Jones, Edmunds to name a few

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Never have I seen a player on the outside looking in both on and off the field. Huge disappointment. Get on with your life’s work.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I read where Bush was talking with his dad and how it would be a dream come true to play with Seattle

I’ve read similar comments before and I think his dad is his worst enemy

Last 2 years his dad kept arguing his play was good

I went lurking on several Seahawks message boards and even there fans are disinterested in his signing

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Leave this part out.

“I wish I knew, but to this day, I have no answer,” said Bush, h/t SteelersNow.com.

Say this part.

“What I can say is that when one door closes another one opens so I am excited for the opportunity. The way I felt about it was I knew it was a business. It told me that I wasn’t in the future of the Steelers [plans] so that’s fine. There’s 31 other teams out there, Seattle is one of them and now look where I am at.”

• Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You do realize there was a GM in charge when they took him, right?. There were scouts. Even the owner is likely involved in first-round picks, especially one they trade up to get.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Education is dead in America. So is common sense. That's why he said what he did.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. LASteelerFan

LASteelerFan Member

Jan 29, 2021
    Some athletes just have an IRRATIONAL view of themselves, and their ability... This guy is one of them ! Even when he was still PART of the Steelers... and was confronted with what was expected of him (as a first round, top paid talent)... HE couldn't see that he was NOT producing. Anyone who is that disjointed from reality... is probably better off somewhere OTHER than the Steelers !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You can’t fix stupid

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I said something to the affect of, "you watch, Bush will light it up in Seattle."
    A statement made in jest. Hopefully I'm not the clown you are speaking of but if I am, I've been called much worse so there's that.

• Like Like x 1
  22. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Honestly, I'd be okay with being labelled an evil clown.

23. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    i don't know...Word is he looks even better than last year running around cones.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Clowns are creepy in general

Just saying

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017

• Winner Winner x 2