1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2023 Mocks

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by RichD, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Kancey is a weird one. At the end of the season, he seemed destined to go in the third or fourth round, then his stock started going up even before the Combine. I've never been a fan of guys whose stock goes up that way. He would be a fine choice in the second round, but 17 is too high, especially if they are passing on more talented players at positions of need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Seeing as Paris Johnson wasn't drafted in the 1st Rd. We can presumably take him at 32.

Which would potentially make up for a seemingly bad first pick. That said. I like Kancey. And as far as him skyrocketing after the season, that's because people watched the tape and realized there was a stud here.

So long as it's not a combine rise, its a good rise. I think his value was originally depressed because he was deemed undersized.

I think Sirvocea Dennis is also grossly underated. But hey, that's how these things go.

3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    The Kancey/Donald comps are out there. I like the kid and I'd be happy to get him at 32, but I don't know that he's a mid first round pick. He's local though so he's probably on our short list of candidates along with JPJ.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It is partially a combine rise, which is part of my concern with Kancey. I think too many people are seeing a defensive tackle from Pitt with size similar to Aaron Donald and thinking Kancey can do something similar, but he's not even close to that level. Kancey was good at Pitt, but not Aaron Donald good.

I do like Dennis, but he is small and for every big play, there are many on which he gets lost or fooled. He would probably need to bulk up and he would definitely need to learn to play a little smarter. I would like to see him as a seventh-round pick. At the very least, he could be a good special teamer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Denis has the best missed tackle rate of any linebacker. Missed on only 6% of his tackles. Yes he is small and can get washed when a 320 pound guard gets on him, but he takes great angles and tackles like a machine.

All the supposed top guys mis around 12 - 19% of their tackle. Simpson, Campbell, Sanders Sowell. I think Henley is top 3 round guy under 10%.

As for Kancey, I actually think the opposite happened. He was downgradwd because they kept saying "He is good. But he is no Donald though." But you don't have to be Donald to be a 1st rounder.

The tape says he is the best DT in the draft. That's what the tape says. I don't have to worry if he is Donald good or not. I mean no one is asking if the best WR is Jamar Chase or Jefferson good. Does he have the best tape this year? With all due respect to Carter, Kancey had the best tape

6. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Top 4 CBs were not available & Buffalo was willing to deal in this scenario. Got the best T available, got solid on D up the middle ..nobody is running on us again ...this selection scenario is based on Gentry & Boykin resigning, 1 undrafted QB & FA QB...

pff_mock_results.png

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I like Campbell and Benton a lot. I worry about the NT from Baylor eating himself out of the league.

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Doesn't matter what I think, but apparently by their grades PFF thinks it sucks.

And, please God, don't do this. I probably run hundreds of mock drafts a week. I just don't post them here. Don't be that guy who starts a new thread every time he runs a mock. It's, well, just don't.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    upload_2023-3-26_9-47-45.png

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    no thanks on Dawand Jones. He refused to participate in drills on his pro day. Scouts said he looked to be 400 pounds. This guy has bust written all over him

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I hadn’t seen anything about his weight ballooning, but if it did, then yeah I’d pass. Certainly Tomlin and Khan would know whether that’s accurate since they had dinner with him the night before his pro day, and saw him at the combine just a few weeks earlier.

I don’t put much stock in rumors or articles where unnamed scouts say one thing or another.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Steelersrock151, you think you a smart guy?? Please explain how a B- suck?? Don't you ever tell me what to post ...who the hell you think you are??

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The tape does not tell us that Kancey is better than Jalen Carter. No. Definitely no. Not even close. I'm a Pitt grad. I watched him plenty the last two seasons. He was a damn good college player, but he's not on Carter's level.

You don't have to sell me on Denis. I'm a big fan. I watched him make play after play the last two seasons. He can be a little overly-aggressive at times, but I love the idea of drafting him late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I like it, but I can't see Jones or Campbell falling that far.

17. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I usually stay out of arguments on the board as they are futile and change no ones mind. But in defense of Daddymac the draft is one of my favorite times of the year. I enjoy seeing all kinds of mock drafts and everyone's input about it. If 50 people listed their Steelers mock then I would read all 50 of them and enjoy them. Maybe it's because I'm old and retired with nothing better to do but if someone has a Steelers mock then by all means post it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I do not want Ika, certainly not in the second round. He couldn't even bother to show up in shape for the combine.

Also, if they aren't getting one of the top four offensive tackles in the first round, they need to take a cornerback or linebacker.

19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    upload_2023-4-1_7-36-38.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I really like the pick of Coburn at DT. He is strong as a bull at 6'1" and weighing 333 but he is also a good pass rusher having 4 sacks for the Longhorns last year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The only 3 I would take you got an A for.(which means absolutely nothing LoL) I think Your pick for both of the Tennessee players was too high.
    Of course I'm not saying they won't be good....I would be afraid at taking them that high. All the others I think are in ....at least the perfect round.

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes, I know that the Tennessee guys play offense. The kiss of death for STD approval :lolol:

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. No....LoL :lolol:
    I just think that's high for those 2 players. LoL.
    I like some offensive players. LoL

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

in the 7th round? :lolol::cool:

25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    upload_2023-4-2_14-27-40.png

• Like Like x 2