1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 30 Visits

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrock151, Mar 13, 2023.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I don't recall that specific play, but I certainly agree that his main limitation is that he just isn't natural in zone. It's the main reason that he doesn't come up with many turnovers. I'm not trying to argue that he's a stud or anything... He has limitations and that's why he isn't a great player. But he is a fine player who does a fine to good job most of the time with the few glaring mistakes he makes coming almost exclusively in zone coverage.

He grades out fairly well every year by PFF (I know that's not an end all, be all) but its not like I'm grasping at straws here. Last year he graded as like 38th overall among all safeties, with the majority of the players ahead of him being FS not SS. So he's graded at the very least average to slightly above average among eligible SS. He graded ahead of Jesse Bates, Jordan Whitehead, Juan Thornhill, Justin Reid, John Johnson III, Vonn Bell, Chuck Clark. One spot behind Derwin James... Decent player, nothing more, but certainly nothing less too.

2. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    TBH there is a technique to running the 40. There is an exact number of strides to be taken for optimal performance, breathing techniques, etc. Lots more to it than line up and run fast.

My brother went through training prior to his college recruiting combines and went from a 4.6 something to nearly a 4.5 flat. It could be any number of things. I wouldn't rule him out because of the 4.53 or the slow split. He had good enough explosion numbers elsewhere to make it less of a concern.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What personal vendetta. LoL.
    The Guy is probably a great person.
    Doesn't make Him even close to a good player.
    You are totally wrong about the guy, and Your non understanding of the way He plays has fueled Your anger towards anyone that says He sucks.
    If the man was a 6th round pick....He still is not worth keeping.
    Let Me ask You a simple Question.....Why is this His 2nd shot at FA , and nobody is looking at Him... Again???
    Could it be just maybe because I'm right , and You are freaking wrong???

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Glaring isn't even the word.
    You skipped how about the time We set Him up to cover the RB out on the flat, and He rushed, but only half way ....then realized what He did wrong so was caught between No man's land....then the D is hollering at Him...He does stuff like that game....after game ....after game.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

People are different. Best answer I can give. Reminder that this is all rolling off of what we all saw Tariq Woolen did at the Combine being 6'4, 205 himself. I understand that Brents is not the track burner that Woolen is but for me, Brents possess better polish coming out than Woolen did.

If anything, I am seeing some shades of Ike Taylor from Julius every now and then. Again, not the speed aspect as Ike was arguably the fastest on the team but everything else is there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    As far as nobody looking at him... Again, its day 2 of FA. Just because he isn't signed doesn't mean he hasn't gotten offers or no one is talking to him about potential contracts. There are a LOT of good players left in FA. Doesn't mean nobody wants them.

Idk, its a head scratcher for sure. There's just something that is causing you to see something that isn't there (has anyone ever told you you're stubborn ;) haha). I've added a bunch of statistics, PFF ratings, etc. and all I've gotten back is "nuh uh, he SUCKS". I can be good just ending it here for each of us. :drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    If Bush can get an offer why can't Edmunds? He is at least a better player than Bush. I'm thinking he'll eventually get an offer but man it will be a bargain basement deal for the club signing him. Bush getting an offer should be a beacon of hope for anyone left in free agency at this point

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry ....I actually watched the games. Haven't missed one since 1997. You go ahead and believe PFF. LoL. They also said he was rated higher than Fitzpatrick the year before. If You actually believed that You will believe anything.
    Also this is not His 1st shot at FA, He had one last year, and crawled back to us for chicken feed.
    You call Me stubborn....LoL

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They will select a Jr. with the 1st pick just not the one most covet.

And the pick is in: At #17 the Pittsburgh Steelers select Paris Johnson Jr. Protecting Pickett's blindside from speed rushers is paramount which is a shortcoming of Moore. They can get a corner with the 32 pick. Then Defensive Tackle with the 69th pick.

The world is saying Joey Porter Jr. because of the ties with his father. Great player on the field. Couldn't coach and was a distraction was fired um contract not renewed.

12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I think if Johnson, Broderick Jones, or Skoranski are there, they'll be the pick, otherwise it's corner. If the first pick is tackle, #32 will be a CB, and vice versa. 49 and 80 will be DT and ILB, depending on who's available. After that it's anyone's guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Sounds good to me. Exactly what I was thinking. I hope Skoronski is there at 17.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    many feel he could play LT too. enormous wingspan. i'd say you keep both chuks and moore for the left tackle spot. moore is probably the better run blocker but that would be a lot of money to pay okrafor to be the backup. if they have the money though this would be the ideal situation. :cool:

17. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    I think he'll end up being the pick at 17. He is a potential Probowl RT. His value is diminished coz he is a RT instead of a LT. I think he has a higher ceiling than the top 3 other than Broderick Jones.

The guy will bully most Ends and DLinemen as is. Any improvement in his technique and he is a Probowl Behemoth. You can't teach what he has

I get that most of the best edge rushers rush the LT, but studying Paris Johnson, I noticed the pocket almost always looked cleaner on the right side. Dawand technique migt sometimes look poor and every once in a while he gets beat inside with a quick move. But on most occasions he just mauls whoever he is blocking.

Barring injury or serious bad luck he is guaranteed to be a very good RT at minimum. I don't see how that is not worthy of a 1st round pick.

I'd rather someone like him than someone like Jonas Williams who was a 1st round LT who turned out just average.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    some teams will be turned off by scoranski if they need a LT. he has the skills but the short arms are a killer for some teams. probably have him ranked more as a guard which we have right now. cody mauch is another with short arms. just as some are turned off to the short arms at tackle so are the ones that think jones with that wingspan can hold up at LT. others see him as a right tackle only. just depends on a teams preference.

in another note and STD could probably tell us more about wagner the RT from the hogs. he would need some time but seems like he has some tools to work with and a nasty demeanor. plus he's quite big. possibly a late rounder?

i like bergeron too the kid from syracuse. he's got some game as well.:cool:

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I try not to Hype any of the Razorbacks. I don't watch them as clearly as I do other teams players. I watch them with My heart, and not My eyes.
    Notice I haven't Hyped, any of them....from Drew Sanders , R. Stromberg, or Wagner...just naming a few.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    MT had dinner with riley. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Not sure where this CB ranks.
    upload_2023-3-30_10-44-23.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hopefully not before the 3rd round.

25. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I've seen him mostly in 2nd/3rd round in mocks.