1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Offseason Moves/Free agent signings

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 15, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Devin Bush was on that bus

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Was he? That looked like a full length bus to me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I'm always interested in how these deals go down. Did they think Seumalo was going to cost more but then, after a few days when he was still available, reach out and get him? Or have they been working with him from the beginning? How did Herbig figure into all of that? I like what they've done by adding some solid players on reasonable deals. Seumalo was a player I really liked when FA began but had no idea they were even considering and I thought he was going to cost more. Then there's a guy like Tranquill, who can't get a nice pay day. Maybe he's hurt or something and we just don't know.

Also, while the train/bus gif is funny, especially concerning our ILBs last year, I do think some folks missed how good Daniels was. Very happy with his play.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

:lolol:

• Like Like x 3
  6. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    All these OL upgrades are setting the Steelers up for RB Bijan Robinson. Give us a Franco and Dorsett like backfield. Tomlin going to turn back the clock with ground and pound. Love it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ll bet money that won’t happen.

I think they are going to address the DL with the first pick.

8. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Let Andy Weidl cook

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Very possible. I still want BPA at DL, CB, or OT.

Andy Weidl, man of the trenches.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I would like to see dupree signed, and either a good CB or ILB. Then i would feel great going into the draft.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I'm with CB or ILB for the first two picks of who ever is the bpa, unless one position drops off severally.

I used to want to draft dl big time. But if we can get dupree.... with highsmith, watt, cam, jedi, i honestly feel good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If not ....apparently they just started playing. The only thing that may hold sway over the best man wins....is money, draft pick, and cap Hit, but that will only keep You safe for awhile.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :roflmao:

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Seumalo played both guard spots during his career.

I just read that him and Kelce got together and helped put offensive line game plans together. Sounds like this guy is gonna be a multiplier for the guys around him.

I'm no longer as worried about the center position. Maybe a top tier tackle drops to us in the first?

I feel Dotson is done, and it is not as much due to his play as maybe his personality or work ethic. It is really weird how they made him compete for the starting spot last year.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    What abt Edmunds, any teams interested in him ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry Rich, it ain't happening. Hook em horns!

17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m cool with that

18. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I like how this FO really attacks a weakness. The way they reset th OL and ILB room makes me think they are going to draft multiple players for both the Dlone and Secondary this draft.

• Like Like x 1
  19. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Steelers picking up couple former Eagles. not a so bad idea. asst. likes big uglies-- me too. as long as they protect Kenny its great

20. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I agree, cant have too much capital tied up in the RB position of all things. It does appear that they are going to make a push to see what a healthy Najee can really do for us. If we can manage to be a 25-27 ppg offense that takes the majority of the TOP, we will be a tough team to beat. Similar to SF in that regard. And as long as we get NFL average or better play out of Pickett, we should be able to win a lot of games and compete with some of the better teams in the NFL.

Yinz have been talking about a throw back to old school football, and we may be going that route. If you don't have the "ELITE" tier QB, its probably the best way to go about things (not saying Pickett can't become elite). We can really exploit teams that prioritized speed and finesse over stopping the run and hopefully be good enough on defense to hold the opposing high caliber offenses to less than 60% TD's in the RZ and get a few turnovers.

None of this matters if we dont end up with a CB at 17 or 32 though. We will give up too many big games to opposing WR's to come back from being as undertalented as we are at the position

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yeah, based on what I've read today, he's probably going to be the left guard.

22. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I honestly feel for Dotson if he is most likely the odd man out. Look at some of his highlights as a raw rookie he started and against the Colts he handled DeForest Buckner. Coming into camp in yr two overweight is a head scratcher.
    I know he holds too often but that is teachable with better technique and better coaching. He has some serious strength and is a road grader when asked to move people.
    I somehow think Dotson will go on to be a very good guard for the next ten yrs on another team with better coaching.
    I also hope this isn't Weidl thinking I had something to do with drafting these guys so they must be better, same way Tomlin loves and over values anyone from Maryland.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. I can't see them going with a running back in the first round again. Even a wide receiver would make more sense.

I think they set themselves up to be able to go with a corner, offensive tackle, defensive lineman, or linebacker, all depending on how the draft falls.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm guessing he will go late in the process again. He either isn't getting offers or they are way off what he wants. I'm still hoping the Steelers can get him cheap again. They still need another safety, preferably one who can play more in the box. I like some of the three-safety looks and I'm not sure Kazee is an every-down guy in the same secondary as Fitzpatrick.

25. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Truly set up to go best player available.

Great moves by the front office.