1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

been waiting but here goes......

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Mar 17, 2023.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    many may hate this, some may like it and there are a ton of ways this thing could play out but for now....

1. darnell washington TE georgia
    2. dawand jones OT ohio st.
    2.a mazi smith DT michigan
    3. D.J. turner CB michigan
    4. mekhi blackmon CB USC
    7. dorian williams LB tulane
    7. bryce ford-wheaton WR WVU

3 big guys to start with. all 3 should help make a difference. 2 good, solid corners, that may not be the blue chippers but are rock solid. williams is flying under the radar. sideline to sideline type and very productive. ford wheaton is big but runs pricise routes. he can set up DB's for failure. a nice steal this late. there you go let the haters hate. before you do watch some film on these guys. :smiley1::cool:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :puking 3:
    LoL. It's not You My Friend...it's Me....if We don't go D in the 1st 3 picks I will be:puking 3:

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we did, pick 3. plus 4 and 5. i do think these two corners have as much game as some other that might go sooner. moss included if he were the 5th pick. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Darnell Washington I like bit won't take that early.
    Dawand Jones I like.period.
    Maxi Smith: Don't rate him as much. Not as good of a run defender as I want. Would take a Corner or ILB here.

I like the double dip at corner.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

mazi had 49 tackles from the nose. that's really, really good as a run defender. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    He did go defense in the first 3

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

LOL yea, dawand and darnell. good catch strummer. :lolol::cool:

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I meant defensive tackle smith

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

oh, yea i told him that but also saw that make all 3 D's. what's he talking about? :lolol::cool:

10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    If you like Darnell Washington I think you will be in luck seeing him play next year for 2 games at least. I think he goes at #28 to Cincinnati.

Love taking Jones to cement the O-Line for the future. But, would rather have one of the Big 3 LTs at 17.

I am still hoping to see that the Steelers have interviewed or even contacted Mazi Smith this offseason.

DJ Turners stock went through the roof after the combine; I keep seeing him go in the 1st round now, as opposed to the 3rd round Pre-Combine.

And, I still think we will draft a QB in the 7th.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I would be very satisfied with that draft. Washington can block like a tackle and be a huge target for Pickett in the passing game. Dawand Jones can be a very good RT and move Chuks to LT. Mazi Smith is massive and would be a good value at #49. I like the double dipping of corners and I agree that Bryce Ford-Wheaton would be a steal in the 7th.

12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    1. I would be SUPER sad to see us draft a TE2 at 17. Too many other holes for that luxury. I doubt Washington falls far enough for us to get him where its worth it for us.
    2. Dawand Jones makes a lot of sense
    2a. don't love the player here. I'd rather see us go ILB.
    3-4. Like the positions, but dont know anything about these guys.

I think we didn't prioritize CB or ILB enough here at first glance. Took a luxury pick bc I know you like Washington a lot. OT seems right. Idk. Gonna be a lot of different avenues we can explore

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I mean all of the 1st 3 picks.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    They were all at the Michigan pro day today.:cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

need to watch the LB I have us getting. Very productive. So are both corners. I think Washington would help the offense tremendously. :cool:

16. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    I see Dorian Williams going in the 4tg or 5th constantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    In the 7th , I want Sirvocea Dennis.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I know a lot of folks are not liking your 1st rounder, but the way I see it is that he’s a one-of-a-kind talent. You’re just not going to find that blend of size and speed, combined with flashes of great on the field play vs. top talent, anywhere else. He’s not my target in the 1st, but if he’s the guy I could definitely see the value in what we’d be able to do out of 12 personnel packages with him and Freiermuth. Also, he could be a red zone and goal line monster. The potential is legitimately there for a Gronk-like star. If his tape didn’t back it up I’d say no thanks, but there are enough flashes of something special.

I also think your pick of Mazi Smith at 49 would be very solid. He’s probably the only guy in this draft that has the size/power/quickness combination to be a good 2 gap nose and still be as good of a 1 gap penetrator as someone like Larry Ogunjobi. He needs work, but he can be a Pro Bowler in 2 years IMO.

The rest I haven’t seen enough of yet.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    a little break down of what turner can do. can play in either man or zone, inside or out. nice feet and control.

:cool:

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ll just say this about Turner: if you look at the draft profiles on NFL.com, he has the #22 overall rating in their prospect ratings. You won’t see them say he’s their #22 overall prospect because they let their talking heads do their more public rankings and mock drafts, but the guys who actually review and score players have him way higher than the louder voices. I think he’ll be off the board by pick 40.

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    blackmon not as polished but really under rated. has some mike hilton qualities. he can play the slot, plus outside in either zone or man. comes up well in support.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Love the first four picks. Don't know much about the other guys.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t want a TE in the first but if they did draft that position I would want it to be Mayer. Him and Muth would be unstoppable if they committed to that type of offense.

More and more I am liking Kancey for our first pick if one of the top OT’s aren’t available.

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    might end up

mazi
    washington
    CB
    S
    CB
    T wagner- warren. just a guess.
    WR- QB- OLB