1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooney steps down as Irish ambassador

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    please come back and run the team.:cool:

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I didnt read the article so maybe it says why he stepped down...but maybe this why he did step down?

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nope, but he's 80 so could be that.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Probably a solid bet that when stepping down from a prestigious international position, age comes before the Steelers having a mediocre season...

6. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Bill Clinton wants to be Ambassador to Ireland in return for helping Obama's campaign.

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Why? Does Ireland have a bunch of fat young girls with a cigar fetish?

8. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I don't know why anyone would want to be an Ambassador to any country after the Benghazi cover up.

9. Dwinsgames

Dwinsgames Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012

I would do it , give me one of those posh island resorts countries a couple of mi ties with a beachfront view ... I will call it a day

10. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Why would Rooney as a life long republican want to be ambassador to Ireland under Obama?

I have never figured that out. Anybody???

11. Dwinsgames

Nov 28, 2012

he endorsed Obama so clearly he voted dumbocrat , no clue if he change his party or what the deal is there , never concerned myself with his political affiliation and have never been big on the " endorsement stuff " anyways .. figure if you need someone else to tell you how to vote you probably have little business being at the polls to begin with /shrug

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There's an old saying that says "you don't say no to the President." There have been a lot of Generals serve under President's they didn't agree with. I would like to know what Mr. Rooney did while he had this position though.

13. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I have absolutely no clue. [Sorry about interjecting politics onto the board. My comment was just as a factual statement based on things I've seen on Yahoo news.]

14. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

Well, Syria has an opening. Literrally, it's about a 40 foot hole in the fence. The place is a good deal and a little bit of a fixer upper. Some spackling and paint, a few dozen windows, a new roof and a slightly overused fireplace but with our tax dollars it will be good to go in no time.

If you get lonely you can send a request to the White House for some extra company but there are no guarantees that you get any. Have fun. Don't forget to kiss your loved ones goodbye.

15. 322 Steeler Fan

322 Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Well said.

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I think you mean Libya instead of Syria but yeah I know what you are talking about. Horrible situation that guy went through over there. Who knows if there will ever be justice for him and his family and the Seals we lost but hopefully there will be.

17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This ain't the case, Rooney lobbied hard to be ambassador to Ireland, and it was his pay back for supporting Obama in '08.

Being ambassador to Ireland is probably a pretty sweet deal. You don't have any real difficult international issues to deal with, you get to smooze with American business man and EU dignitaries at fancy dinners. Living in Ireland is a great thing, beautiful island, great golf courses, delightful people who love America. It's hard to beat. The weather's not great, I was there in July and it barely got over 60. But I loved the place.

He's probably coming back because he's done his think, he's 80, and probably some other political booster wants the spot.

18. Dwinsgames

Nov 28, 2012

I think someone missed the word POSH ,Island , beachfront , and Mi Ties ..... just sayin

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :lolol::roflmao::lolol: thats the funniest thing i have read in a while:stogie:

20. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Anyone ever notice that when a political or social statement to say on this board that it's people of a conservative sounding view point that tend to get divisive and petty and nasty?

That's my point of view. You want to beef about it, just PM me and try to keep your BS politics off the board since those are supposed to be the rules.

21. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought this was suppose to be about Steelers football. Glad he stepped down. Now maybe just maybe he and his brother can get moving on the team for next year.

22. Dwinsgames

Nov 28, 2012

he and his son

23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I knew it was just a matter of time before someone got uncomfortable with the semi political statements. But if you do like to talk politics they are one of my favorite subjects as well. I'm a junkie for politics so I will talk with you if you want to. We both have a right to be wrong so what's the harm? LOL.

24. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    LOL....Go in for the kill BFT....Make me proud Dogcatcher.

25. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Uh..., Rooney..., Ireland. duh
    ; )
    He helped BHO win - payback.
    Btw, pretty much gave Godell the job.

BHO
    RG1
    Steelers
    One out of three ain't bad, in this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.