1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB: James Harrison Gave me CTE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 4, 2023.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You missed the reference

• Like Like x 2
  2. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    I couldn’t tell you how many I’ve had, a lot. Years and years of judo, plus bmx as a kid, my brain is cooked. Also got jumped on the hill district once, they had to have been a scene. White kid getting stomped by about 10 people.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 4124life

Oct 15, 2018
    Jesus Christ lol. They say knockouts aren’t as bad as the repeated shots that get people. Usually the serious injuries or deaths are when guys go hard for rounds. I know a few pro boxers around here. They aren’t doing so good these days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Who the hell cares what AB says :rolleyes:?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. It's why I stopped. Also because I wasn't very good. LoL.
    Most Guys that die in the ring are guys who cut too much weight for a fight. Loss of lots of water weight causes the brain to jar even worse it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What was it? It looks like the Tweet was deleted.

7. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    Um, anyone with a clue knows Brown has some level of CTE. His behavior changed so rapidly that I was suggesting this was the case back when he was standing on the sideline wearing a fur coat. It grew on me as he acted more stupid and selfish with and after Raiders foray. I told my life long friend, he's got to have CTE or concussion impact to act so...strangely, so suddenly. He was more or less a model player for 5 or so years, creating few, if any problems for the the team or coach, and then suddenly went nuclear. That reminded me of Justin Strzelczyk and Mike Webster and there strange behavior after football. Though much later in age, same strange behavior changes from otherwise model players.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats not the part I was saying was a joke. Blaming JH was.

And Ryan Clark has said AB has always been like this from the day he got to the Steelers. I think he would know better than us fans. AB as a rookie got into it with Dick LeBeau. What kind of rookie gets into it with a DC with LeBeaus reputation, Clark said he totally disrespected him, Clark wanted to take his head off right then.

AB has always been an *******, the more successful and recognition he got the worse he became. Being a diva is nothing new, especially for WR’s, doesnt mean they have CTE. He may or may not have it but that won’t be know for a fact until they cut his melon open and look at his pee size brain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  9. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I assume it was this one...live look in on AB

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    A picture of Harrison standing behind AB with the quote of the tweet as "James, what are you doing to me?".

11. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    James Harrison..... I'd rather get hit by a Prius.
    download.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He may have CTE, but he has acted strange on many occasions.

Think he suffers from severe Bi-Polar disorder, and a lot of that goes back pre-Burfict hit etc.

But throw in CTE with Bi-Polar disorder you can have a complete mess, which is what he is rapidly becoming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    While I'm sure he does have some level of CTE his sudden change in personality is more indicative of some one who stopped taking mood stabilizing medications. There is one interview he gave during the Raiders and Patriots ordeal where he is smiling and laughing until he notices the interview didn't get it and he immediately goes from happy to pissed. I have witnessed that first hand with bi-polar disorder.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This.:this!:...I don't know why many skip this. Clark is not the only one who has said this. There have been talks about Him all the way back to High school. Yet people keep saying after the Hit by Burfict(however You spell His name). No He has always been this way....fame, and fortune just made Him worse, and the ability of the Steelers to hide it make people think He just started acting like this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Even knowing this, I doubt many people would walk away from the game that pay them millions. And I don't doubt later the NFL will be blamed later for those getting CTE.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...died-BU-researchers-CTE-92-percent-cases.html

Degenerative brain disease CTE is found in nearly 92 percent of deceased NFL players' brains studied by Boston University researchers
    • BU researchers say they found CTE in nearly 92 percent of ex-NFL players
    • Researchers caution that there is a selection bias at play in their studies

16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    And sometimes people are just assholes even entitled assholes. He’s taken hits for sure but he’s on record as being an entitled ******* long before Burfict shot or Harrison’s 20 year career with an illegal helmet hit HAHAHAHAHAHA

This fool is look at me at all costs by virtue of kicking ass and by finger pointing. What a waste

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think anybody has sounded the alarm about CTE and concussions more than me, but that second bullet point is an important one. In one previous study with a high percentage of CTE, the former players whose brains were examed all had some risk factor for CTE. Either they had reported symptoms while they were alive or they had concussions, so that percentage may be higher than they would get with a truly random sample.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Before CTE, boxers were called 'punch drunk'

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    E F Hutton does

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  20. 4124life

Oct 15, 2018
    It makes it even funnier that James just responded with a meme. He didn’t even care to really respond and address it. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Where's the

Who?
    Who?
    Response

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly

Buggs has class

AB not so much

23. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    I agree with you on that and I was not really calling you out, just the notion that while CTE can only be medically confirmed via dissecting the brain after death, it can be somewhat easily diagnosed before death. If you observed Brown, you knew that something went wrong and fast. That hit from Burfict, that had him go limp briefly (a second or so when falling), maybe it was much worse than it looked. The hit was kind of a side swipe, I almost thought Brown was acting, but that might have been what damaged his brain.

Not long after that, his poor agents were constantly trying to explain behaviors and navigate getting him another contract or trade. That had to be a very tiring job, dealing with someone whose brains are scrambled, but the talent is still there.

• Like Like x 1