1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Maulers return

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by SpeedyMikeWallace, Nov 22, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hope they change HC....He was terrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Yes, couldn't stand or watch maulers in purple--- reminded me too much of:boorats: but now will try watching them again. I think another coach associated with Steelers will be their coach..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Ray Horton will be HC. And.....they will play their home games 100 miles away in Canton. But in Ohio? :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    i know <Ohio> whats wrong with PA. but at least its at the Hall of fame.:thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    I have a Maulers story, from the era of their first incarnation.

There was a contest to name the team, and you could fill out a form and deposit it in a box at any Burger King. I decided to have some fun, so I (a Pitt student at the time) would head for work early and get a cup of coffee at BK on the way. I filled out as many forms as I could, with the name “Pittsburgh Yinz, USFL” on each one. I enlisted friends to help, and decided to REALLY ramp things up by making my own forms at Kinko’s Copies, pre filled out. I just had to cut the forms out of the 8x10 sheet. I did that daily for several months.
    When the time came to announce the winner, the name chosen was…..The Maulers. I was disappointed but had a little satisfaction, as at least one news report (perhaps John Steigerwald) said that “Yinz” received an unusually large number of entries.
    So if you ever heard the story of someone stuffing the ballot box with the name “Yinz”, I did that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    LETS GO MAULERS!!!!! I see they are playing Michigan in some sort of Playoff game. Hell, I may tune in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm watching it now.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Maulers up 10- 3 in this playoff game.

9. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    The 5-6 Maulers make it to next weeks Championship game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have to say that was one hell of a game. I actually got like I get during a Steeler game. (almost)

Troy Williams would not be denied!!! I want him for back-up to Kenny;)

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL....He did nothing till the end of the game. Maulers D....is the whole reason they are there. I also thought it was a good game. The overtime ending was very exciting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Big Saturday night as our Maulers try to maul the Stallions. They beat our boys by 4 this season but we ain't taking prisoners this time. The line is 6 and I'm betting with my heart cause I no nothing about this team. I know 1 person who sort of follows it and he tells me my boys will get their butt kicked. As long as it's by 5 I'm cool with it. A loss sure won't break my heart.

Game is in Canton, four dead in Ohio so I'm thinking some ghost of Steeler greats will assist them:)

S.T.D if you see this I know you are pulling for our big ass tackle out of that great State of Arkansas, Myron Cunningham!! Can't believe I actually looked up their roster.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Funny stuff!! I actually heard something along those lines from family who lives in the Burgh. I think the Pittsburgh Yinzers would be better then Maulers cause these guys don't seem to maul many other teams. Hey we are in the Championship game so kudos to the Maulers. My family members who voted for a name but never watch them came up with Pittsburgh Ballers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I actually was surprised to see Him playing with them. I thought He was picked up by a NFL team even though He went undrafted

14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hell, the guy who started this thread seems to be long gone. I hope he is excited about tonight. Pittsburgh is aglow with anticipation of the big Championship tonight. (I doubt it)

Now should they pull off the upset, I'll expect following posters to join me at victory parade, The Razorback guy, The desert guy, Kak, a very mysterious poster and one I could be scared of;). We'll have a great time and I'll supply all party material.

• Like Like x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's on NBC tonight. I'm actually excited to watch it..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Man I can't wait!! I have the TV on right now waiting!!!

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    What the hell, where is the 10 hour pre-game;)

18. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I think the Philadelphia Arena football team had a bigger crowd when they won. Owner Jon Bon Jovi firing them up.

USFL not a big seller.

19. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I was worried they were going to make love during the coin toss.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    XFL had some games with crowds up to 40 thousand. They should combine both leagues.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I can't help it. I'm a huge football fan. Hell I get excited about friends kids games. LoL . I love Me some , Football, and some fighting sports.

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He dropped it. Geez

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Oh well, I guess it's good cause it saved me money. I would have bought a shirt if they won.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Maulers Qb sucks.