1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2023 NFL Playoffs

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Hanratty#5, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    none. the young man has been playing extremely well for a rookie

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 9
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  6. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 9
  7. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    I like the Chiefs circling huddle better

8. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    The old snow globe

• Like Like x 1
  9. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    That's one interpretation I guess. Of course, one could point to last weekend where 5 of the 6 teams that won scored 30+ points.

My take is that you better have good QB play. (earth shattering, I know.) Dallas' D played really well today, total yds between the two team was nearly equal, but Dak was just not very good. Good QB play becomes even more important when you play good defenses.

In the last 10 SB's the AFC and NFC champs average offensive rank by points scored was 5.55. Avg defense rank was 9.35. If we look at only the last five SBs it's more shifted with 4.2 offensive rank vs 10.3 defensive rank. The league, due to the rules, is becoming increasingly offensive minded and QB centered.

This is a problem when you think about the Steelers and their current standing within the AFC. The AFC is stacked in terms of QBs, all of them young The oldest starting playoff QB in the AFC this year was Patrick Mahomes at 27, believe it or not. You've got Allen, Burrow, and Herbert who are really good. You might win a playoff game or two against those other QBs with a worse QB, but it's going to be very hard to win 3 playoff games in a row through that gauntlet, if you don't have someone comparable at QB. Given their ages it looks like it'll be that way for at least 5 years.

Pickett needs to develop, and fast, into that tier of QB's, or at least close to it, for us to get to a SB. Like Jalen Hurts development.

BTW, here are the ages of some AFC QBs

Mahomes, 27
    Burrow, 26
    Allen, 26
    Jackson, 26
    Pickett, 24
    Herbert, 24
    Lawrence, 23

edit: The four remaining teams this year have a collective defensive ranking of 31 and a collective offensive ranking of 17. You gotta score in this league.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Purdy had some tight completions that were highly contested.

11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Pretty sure we all remember when Ben R. was a rookie and the AFCCG was in the Burgh. No way shape or form does a rookie QB win a Title game. Eagles a shoe in for SB. San Fran's D got them to this game but it won't be enough in Philly.

NFC: Eagles 27 - Niners 10

Now my Super Bowl: Bengals/Chiefs No idea who wins this one.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why is someone getting traded? They are both cheap Qb's right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Which is why I think the AFC is much stronger then the NFC. Pickett could turn into a decent QB but it's going to be tough for the Steelers to reach a SB. Hell of a lot of land mines in AFC. IMO Eagles have a damn strong team but they had an easy ride in the NFC. Niners going to be toughest D they faced this season but sadly defense no longer wins Championships.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am so tired of these type of players I could puke. Whatever happened to a team player? My God
    I am sure Josh Allen is trying his hardest to get him the ball. I would like to see some of these WR's play QB
    with 300 pound DL trying to end your career and 245 pound lb's that can run 4.4 forty chasing you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, but that's one game that the NFL has evidence of the Patriots cheating in (videotaping coach signals, etc.). I'm not saying the Steelers with Ben as a rookie would have won that AFCCG for sure, but I would sure like to know how it could have turned out without the Pats cheating going on.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022

Great post. At this point, Steelers made their bed with Canada,. If Pickett's doesn't improve much, there will be much QB bashing...but you have to give Pickett a chance. If we find out that Pickett's wanted Canada back, then I'll lay the blame at his door. There are too many good QBs to mess around being conservative play calling until we have to throw downfield towards end of game.

17. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Dallas Defense played pretty great last night.

I’m still not sure how Purdy completed some of those passes.
    Those were some of the best completions I’ve seen all season from anyone.

But eagles fans this morning aren’t impressed with 49ers.
    How stupid of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Play 10 games and Philly probably wins 8 of them against SF. But with a 1 and done format, anything can happen. Hurts can have a bad game, injuries could happen, Purdy could have a career game, etc.

I think Philly is the better team. While some on here don't like running QB's, hurts is not just a running QB. He has been slinging it all year long. Add in his running and Philly has an extra weapon on offence. They have a damn good team and I don't think Purdy can keep up with their offense. I'm looking forward to next Sunday though. I'm hoping Mahomes is healthy so we get 2 great games

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Someone from the NFC is winning it all

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  20. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    High ankle sprains take weeks, if not months, to properly heal. Mahomes will not be the same guy, even with a mile of tape. Treatments are significantly better but ligaments just take time to heal. I think Cincy comes after him big time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    They absolutely will. He better have some amazing protection.

22. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Staying still isn’t Mahomes game.
    This is like the other Playoff loss when his foot was busted up.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I said it before, and I will say it again. Dak was at His peak when E. Elliott was the best RB in the league. It's why I couldn't believe He got the Rookie of the year that year.
    I'm not saying Dak sucks, but He is very average, and not a great processor of what He sees.

• Like Like x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok...after all that said...now in the SB which teams won....the team with the better defense, or the worst??? Now look at all the SBs. How many times has the the worst defense of the 2 SB teams won???

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Good thing He's not a running Qb, or He wouldn't even finish His last game, or be playing this one.