1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we a average team or a below average team?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerFanInKC, Dec 10, 2012.

1. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I ask because in our 7 wins, our opposition has a combined record of 43-48. In our 6 losses, our opposition has a combined record of 36-42. Combine the two and we are 7-6 and the total combined records of our opponents is 79-90! Maybe we are below average. Injuries count, but every team has them!

If we get almost fully healthy come round one of the playoffs (presuming we get there), I'll take our chances but I have a hard time seeing this team winning at NE or at Denver for sure! Just my take.

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm starting to accept that reality.

3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I heard this question asked today: "What is the aberration? The losses to @Tn, @Cle, SD, @Oak with an OT home win over KC tossed in OR the wins over @Balt, @NYG and @Cincy?"

I'm starting to think the losses the norm, and the wins are the aberration. Too many poor performances, flat performances, penalties, lack of pressure, lack of take aways to ignore.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    remember we played cinci,balt. and NY when they were in a losing slump. they all were getting beat at that time. our true colors are the kc,cleve,oak,SD,tenn. if we don't fix this line in a big hurry, i believe we have wasted most of the time we have had ben.:cool:

5. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    We are a below average team that gets lucky at times.

6. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    We are an above avg team who has their head in their ass, cant hold on to the football, and need a coach that jerks a knot in their ass when they need it. "it is what it is" and 'the standard is the standard' is nothing but a bunch of catch phrases that sound good one time but do nothing to fix the problems.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This for sure has been a disappointing season if you are a Steeler fan
    which I have been for over 40 years. They have become painfull to watch.
    They sure don't play/look like winners or champions. Like Mac daddy said
    a player of #7's ability does not come around very often,and we MIGHT have
    his services for 5 more yrs barring any injuries. We better make hay while the sun is shining.

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think our team is better than average.....what you have to remember is this is not college all these teams are pros and have really good players.....if you arent at the top,of your game you can get beat any given sunday......if we play our best game....very few if any teams will beat us

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    above average team (when our best players are healthy enough ) below average coached

10. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    This^

11. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This.

(lol, didn't see your post already 4Ever)

12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we are - AVERAGE. We expect them to be above average but we just arent.

13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    We definitely have some very above average talent, mixed with a lot of average talent, mixed with what appears to be little desire or motivation to win games. When you stir all of that up, you end up with a slightly above average team that isn't trying very hard to live up to it's potential.

14. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Does the word "mediocre" come to mind? I hate to say it being a Steelers fan for over 40 years. You can almost flip a coin to predict which Steeler team shows up any given Sunday.

15. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Most teams in the NFL are average. Steelers used to be elite. They no longer are and haven't been in quite some time. They are no different than the 20 other teams that are what should be considered just ok.

16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The proof is in the pudding. We can make excuses all day long for our losses, but at the end of the day we are just an average team.

17. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Well above average, but have been plagued with injuries.

18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The proof is in the pudding. We can make excuses all day long for our losses, but at the end of the day we are just an average team.

19. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I wish that I could believe it was mostly because of the injuries, but there just doesn't seem to be an hunger to win for a lot of these guys. I believe they have the ability, I just don't think they have the drive.

20. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Since we were asked to choose between Average and Below Average, I'll go with Below Average. Too many bad losses and really no impressive wins. Yeah, we won some games, but even those were toss ups for the majority of the game.

21. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    we are an abover average team.. not great .. maybe a 6 or 7 on a 10 scale that plays good teams above our 6/7 and we play crappy team at their level or about 1/2 point worse than them and we lose.. so we are an above average teams that plays under out potential...

HINES

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I think we are a underachieving team,

23. steelio

steelio Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Average team with an above average quarterback.

24. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Kind of a crazy question. Define team. Reason I ask is because as a healthy team ( 22 starters & STers) we are way above avgerage suberbowl contenders. As a team in its entirely ( 53 man roster ) we are better than avg as provened by the snap counts of all our back-ups and yet we still have a winning season. As a team on any given it depends who's out that sunday and quite often this season we've fielded below avg teams.

How many games has our former DPOY SS Troy missed. How many Games has our former DPOY OLB James missed. Ben? Lefty? Mendy? WR Brown? Ike? Woodley? Injurys on the OL? Wallace missed Camp & preseason and his game shows it.

Injurys hit every team and this year we are being hit especially hard.

Cajun-

25. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    and do you know why ?