1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2nd worst draft pick of non playoff teams + same coaching staff

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jan 9, 2023.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it is what it is. canada is under contract for another year. they don't usually fire people until they reach the end of their contracts.

we will lose flores most likely. my hope is olsavsky gets moved out but probably not.

with the offense so young at nearly every position, making changes will make it harder on them. i think it stays status quo for now. sullivan may start to have more input hopefully.

meyer did his job well. nice increase of the o-line that many hated to start the season. run game finally increased it's output. passing game was making some strides. again young players all around. the hope is as they mature, it will increase. it should.

i don't think we can paint it with a broad brush of mediocrity just yet since these players are still new to the NFL and this team. we can't compare them to what was done with ben at the helm. we had a vet o-line too. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  2. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    31DCC0CB-2629-46AC-8BA2-07F280862C27.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    And Pickens

• Like Like x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Something tells me you would have been much happier boycotting. Too bad you'll never know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Would love for the Steelers to get Kliff Kingsbury. Perfect OC for Picketts and the Steelers are the perfect team to show case his skills to get another coaching gig.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Curious....
    What makes You think this??? I don't know enough about the Guy, and can only go by stats, and wins. I may have watched 7 games He has coach in NFL, and College.....So I really have no clue.

7. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I counted 21 members who took the bait. Sh!t........22.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I could care less about the OPs thread, but there are actual good points brought up by others in it. :thumbs_up:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Pickett's best throws are rolling out of the pocket. Basically all that Kyler Murray was doing in his offense. The issue in Arizona was Murray and him hit a wall because Murray got found out by defenses and couldn't adjust. Kliff likes to go 4 wide with one running back. Steelers are set for that right now even without adding better offensive lineman.

• Like Like x 2
  10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yep - I've been pining for him for weeks.

But - we will wait to make any announcements on Canada, and the big names will be gone.....

11. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Mods any chance you can start locking threads which repeat the same, tired, boring drivel about Matt Canada, MT or the coaches?
    Frankly, I would prefer no new threads if there is nothing new to discuss, and there is not something new to discuss every day in the off season.

The failure to limit threads like this will simply drive away your more reasonable posters and leave a site of people like the OP.

12. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Hopefully they do and move quick on it

13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Too pessimistic. Bottom line is we are on the rise. No more old Ben. Rebuild of O-line nearly done. Much change in 2022.

We are already set up to compete next season and could challenge for division title.

If we hit on our first three picks in the draft, we will be a serious threat.

Hoping we get an OT with the first pick that will sure up the O-line.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure Tomlin or Rooney would want to see that sort of offense. I agree that they could do it, but only if they mix in Freiermuth and Heyward in those four wide formations.

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think they are going corner or guard with that first pick, the latter depending how much they like O'Cyrus Torrence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    CB`s seem to be harder to judge than OT`s as to if they will pan out. Would rather play it safer.

If Kenny gets more time to throw, our passing game will make huge strides next season.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Or they will be on their couch counting their money.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The problem is that other teams threw defenses at Murray that he hadn’t seen playing Madden on XBox

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I don't know anything about the kid but his name sounds like something out of Mad Max. If he's that bad a$$, I'm all in.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes I agree. CBs are very hard to hit on....second only to Qbs IMO, but that doesn't mean You stop trying.

21. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022

Actually, I think Canada stays because he still has a contract. As it was noted by the media, the Steelers RARELY fire anyone.

I think Tomlin would probably like to move on, or at least I'd like to think he has enough wisdom to move on, but I am NO Tomlin backer. It's not always on him and I bet in this case Rooney told him that we have our OC for 2023 season.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    supercool-creative-agency-attention.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Have to watch and make sure the player is not mostly short side of field .. Also the system they played in and the 1 they are going to be asked to play in .

After that it's ability IMO ? How fast ? How agile ? How strong at the LOS ? My take on that position is different than a lot as I am a press Man type of guy .. I played a bit in College and I hated giving a free release then and 30 years later I still do.. A great Defense needs at least 1 CB who can play man at a high level this allows you to call multiple different coverages without tipping your hand pre snap everytime..

Look how much better we got when we got Haden ..We need a young cat that can play like he did..

• Agree Agree x 1