1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny's ceiling = Mahomes, Allen, Burrow?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I've seen some posts about Kenny having the same potential as Mahomes, Allen and Burrow. Wondering where people see his NFL ceiling?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Justin Herbert with small hands.

3. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I doubt he’s in that class of QB. Very few are. Pickett is more Dalton-esque to me. Maybe a bit more athletic.

I know a lot of people won’t like that assessment, but I think it’s realistic. He’s not the kind of QB who’s going to carry a team on his back, but he can do well with a good team around him.

I also haven’t seen any posts around here or anywhere else for that matter saying he’s going to be like Mahomes, Allen or Burrow. Most fans are more realistic than that.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I could live with this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I believe Dalton was the official comparison his NFL draft profile. I can see that so far.

6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I think Pickett has the potential to be a very similar player to Joe Burrow, with Pickett being even more mobile

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Feels a little early to tell. But from what I’ve seen I think he’s a better prospect than Dalton. And I think Kenny has shown even in a short amount of time he’s a gamer. I never thought of Dalton as a gamer. He seemed to shrink in the bright lights from my memory.

Romo is another I’ve heard. I think that’s closer. But again Kenny seems a little cooler in pressure moments.

Burrow…I think there are similarities. Kenny is a little mor mobile.Time will tell.

8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Two months ago, I said the best 5 QBs going forward were Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, and Lawrence. Yes, I said Lawrence. One bad year under that idiot Urban Meyer didn't change my opinion of Trevor. I never believed much in Lamar, Tua, Dak, Kyler, or the rest of the young guys and the older guys (Brady, Stafford, Rodgers, Carr, Wilson, etc.) seemed to really be aging this year.

As it turns out, the five I listed ended up the 1,2,3,4,5 seeds in the AFC. That's going to be the gauntlet to the super bowl for years. I don't know that Kenny gets to that extreme top 5 level but I believe he could end up in a very solid group right after those guys. Something like a poor man's Burrow or like Cousins with more brains and mobility. We can win with that. Pound the rock and roll out a great Defense.

9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    As an old timer, Kenny kind of reminds me of Bob Griese. Griese was the ultimate game manager that relied on a great running game and a good defense. When he was called on to pass he was an accurate passer and was money in crunch time. Griese was a student of the game and won with his smarts instead of just great physical skills. Kenny is starting his career like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Rookie to Sophomore Years for QBR

Josh Allen improved from 67.9% to 85.3% +17.4
    Trevor Lawrence improved from 71.9% to 95.2% +23.3
    Joe Burrow improved from 89.3% to 108.3% +19.0

Kenny is at 76.7% his rookie year. What are you thinking 95% in 2023 to be considered an up and coming elite QB? +18.3

Can't put Mahomes in there because he was behind All-Pro Alex Smith his rookie year. And, no dig on Alex Smith, just stating the fact that Alex Smith made the Pro Bowl in 2017 with a league-leading 104.7 passer rating.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023