1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Austin? Why?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Jan 6, 2023.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Hopefully this may be Bush's last game as a Steeler, unless we make the playoffs. But not sure who would want him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Probably because we are not going to be running a 6-2 defense against a team that’s an actual threat in the passing game

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Is why I have always been a Coverage first guy if you have people that can play man you can put as many in the the box as the Offense will allow... The next best Coverage is Single High as this gives you some protection against big plays and his job is to just protecet that back in...This allows you to keep most of your Troops in the Box .. When you get to Cover 2 ,Cover 3 Quarters ,Nickle and Dime packages the other Team can and should be able to run at a high clip if they desire and design to do so ...

IMO the true Cover 2 is the weakest Defense of all as it has holes all over for passing lanes at it also has many running lanes that allow the RB 1 on 1 in space ....A good PA game will beat Cover 2 to death...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he sucks

6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    how about this:

6-2
    4-3
    3-4
    7-1

and other variations......

If we are not creative, we will not win. how about that? Did you watch how they annihilated us in September?

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He would never see the field again as a PGH Steeler if I was the coach. I want somebody that wants to hit playing
    ILB for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    This is a game where we need Robinson to stop the run. Watson hasn't showed that he can hit the broad side of a barn since he came back.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Every defense has its weakness. You want to play man then Watson just takes off and runs

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Holy crap! It’s a New Years miracle! You actually formed a sentence without using the word suck

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Run the wheels off him.

12. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    stone-cold-said-so.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep until you hit him hard enough to not want to run anymore...As you stated its all Chess now how do you intend to approach it ? My personal view is aggressive with more aggression... Some types of style are just not suited for that ,, Cover 2 being the main culprit...

14. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Let him and then make him pay for that decision... Single High is set up exactly for that .. Don't live in your fears ...LOL..

• Like Like x 1
  15. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    we have seen all we need to see of Devin Bush !! He lacks football IQ and he lacks heart !!! not what you need for a MLB or an ILB. If they play Bush, they are conceding to lose because he is not the best athlete on the team at that position and if you want to win, you put your best people out there, point blank and simple!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Bush and Edmunds are deep in some fans heads.

17. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    No, they are deep in doo-doo. As in their game play.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Bush always seems to get swallowed up in the run game. Doesn't shed his blocks but just gets eaten up. I know different era, but look how Lambert used to shed his block like and attack the runner. Ham was probably the most fundamentally sound LB I've seen in my life. No fanfare just a textbook tackler that always took great angles!! Bush blows ass. Can we turn back the clock and bring in Kirlkland or farrior.

• Like Like x 2
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Bush I understand to some extent. Never understood the vitriol for Edmunds; doubly so since his 2020 Campaign. He has been nothing short of rock solid. He is not the all around Safety Minkah is but Edmunds abilities in the running game are just as important if not critical.

What is going to piss people off more than likely is when Edmunds gets resigned. I seriously doubt Tomlin is going to let Terrell walk. If anything, Devin Bush is likely the one that gets the boot.

20. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Hitting while covering is called pass interference.

21. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Yinzers blame Edmunds for the Steelers taking him in round 1 instead of round 2 or 3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Not me.

I was quite happy to nab Edmunds and wanted him to prove everyone wrong. 2019 was a step back imo but in 2020, he improved by leaps and bounds. For me, Terrell Edmunds is the most underrated Defensive Back on the team. While Terrell Edmunds will never be a ball hawk like I thought he could, he has shown the ability to be more of the multi role Chess Piece I thought he would be. For example, the play against Tyreek Hill in the game against Miami. How many safeties, never mind Strong Safeties, can keep up with Tyreek on a Wheel Route?!

Terrell's best ability though has been run support. For that matter, the two games he missed, the Defense missed him as well. Having him as that eight man in the box is critical. While the overall stats do not say it, Terrells contributions towards run defense is not one to be ignored.

Unless the team has its eyes set on acquiring someone in either FA or the draft this year, I would bank on keeping Terrell. Who knows?!?!.... perhaps his brother will join us.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    As a Steelers fan.....they should be deep in Yours.
    They are the two weakest links on the field, and a lot of what We do, or try to do gets messed up by one , or the other, or......both at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Have You ever just sat, and re-watch a whole game, and just watched Edmunds????
    From what You say....I would guess not.
    Why..... because I believe You are pretty knowledgeable about the game, and wouldn't say what You say if You did.
    I can't count the times I've seen him just run the wrong way away from a play. LoL.
    Also Explain this.....We faced this years the number 1 rusher, and top 5 Wr in a game without Edmunds.....So You would think....Wow must have been horrible......No .....it was one of our best Defensive performances.
    Not only did We win , but They kept the number 1 RB way below 100 yards, and the top 5 Wr below 40 yards, got the win, and had 3 ints on the day.
    Edmunds sucks. Period.
    Not as a Man, but as a Steeler.

• Like Like x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Man oh man good sir. Not having this debate again. Spent enough time on All 22 tape to see just how integral Edmudns is. Until otherwise, Edmunds is within Pittsburghs future plans.

• Like Like x 1