1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobby Slowik- Top of my wish list

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Dec 31, 2022.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

Stop it.!!!

Cajun

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Canada has been an OC often in college, never very good so his hire was puzzling except Fichtner wasn’t even a good QB coach so him being Named OC was obvious Tomlin doing a friend a solid.

In fact, While I like Tomlin and thinks he’s a good coach his hiring and developing Asst Coaches is as bad as any HC in the NFL over the last 10+ yrs.

One reason I want a guy already developed by some Solid high quality NFL HC

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I just heard 49ers QB Brock Prurdy is not only 4-0 but also has thrown at least 2 TDs in every game.

Coaching matters, just imagine what Bobby could do with Kenny Pickett in Pittsburgh!!!

Cajun

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Don't forget if we could improve our Oline run blocking how this opens up the play action.
    I also have a new LB, strength coach, Special teams, and flores/ Austin leaving for my wish list.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I get this...but anyone worth their salt developing young QBs is likely on a HC list. I can't think of any that comes to mind off the top of my head. It seems like most known QB whisperers are HCs now? In personal conversation I've been stumping for someone from the Shanahan tree. I think when you look at how that offense has evolved over the decades, it creates easy completions for the QB and a plug and play run game. The only question I'd have is do we have (or can we get via draft or FA the correct O-lineman for the blocking scheme...i think it's still zone).

The biggest reason I like this offenses philosophy is the schemed easy throws. Right now Kenny doesn't have an easy throw in a game (i might be overlooking something...and I'm genralizing...I'm sure he's missed some). If Kenny Attempts 25 throws in a game, there isn't a gimme in there except a check down. You watch any 49ers game and you'll see 5-6 throws/completions to WRs/RBs running wide open (by NFL standards). Kyle will ask his QBs to make 3-5 hard throws a game where you just gotta make a throw, throw a guy open, or give a guy a 50/50 shot. Otherwise he schemes a few lay ups early,...asks his QBs to make 10-12 ish mediocre NFL throws throughout the game and a few elite type throws.

This is all subject to game plan and how a game unfolds. But the general idea is that offense makes the game easier for the guy who carries the most pressure. And really only asks him to be the hero a few times a game. It's why the Purdy's and Matt Schaubs of the world look like all pros in this system. I think Kenny has better tools than both. I think this type of offense would accentuate the strengths he has.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I can see the developing QB aspect, but can he work all aspects into an offense and then call plays on gameday. That's the make or break with a coordinator. Playbook is half of it, gameday and adjustments are the other.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I posted this about a year ago and after watching his offense with a Rookie QB and a OL full of 3rd stringers and PS players make our defense loaded with top talent and All-pros looked pitiful I’m even more upset with Tomlin and the FO for not getting rid of Canada.

COACHING Matters!!

Cajun

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    After today, I’d say the answer is yes he can and Canada can’t !!

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  9. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020