1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone for Bengals/Bills???

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by S.T.D, Jan 2, 2023.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Driving is postponed/roads closed. Not done away with completely

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    And when it starts back up again, it will be just as dangerous.

Driving bans are lifted when conditions improve.

3. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    Driving bans are lifted when conditions approve, but it's still dangerous. Traffic accidents take thousands and thousands of lives every year

4. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Again, are driving and the NFL on the same level for benefit and need?

If the NFL is as important as driving, why would players ever go on strike or owner lockout players?

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The fans are paid? Damn, I've missed it. When is the NFL cutting me a check.

What is your obsession with money? Why is everything rooted in it? Im going to guess here, but based on that and what you posted about dealing with workplace injuries, your in the union and higher up too? A workplace rep maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    It doesn't matter if it's on the same level or a life necessity. Just because there's a tragic event doesn't mean you completely eliminate something. There's been some kind of tragic event to someone in everything we do in life.

7. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    They indeed do. And people lose their right to drive if they break laws, like DUI or texting. Are you okay with texting and driving or DUI driving (and they could be drugs, alcohol, tired, etc)?

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Just so you know, without any name calling or anything, you made a comment that was uncalled for. When you didn't get the response you wanted, you waited for more people to join the discussion, and doubled down with an even more uncalled for comment. Then when you were called out on it, you played the victim. Do I have it right so far?
    Now your doing the internet bully "meet me in real life" bull crap. Yet, you won't tell anyone where to meet you in real life.
    Now, TBH, you have a ****load of posts, and haven't really shown yourself to be a douchebag in real life, so why pick this hill to die on? A player from another team may be dying, and you're defending your manhood.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    They're not postponed after every traffic death either.

10. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    No, but if you're being consistent and not a hypocrite, then you think that it should be.

11. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes people lose their rights when they break the law. But there's still thousands and thousands of people that die when no law has been broken. Life in general is dangerous. That doesn't mean I'm gonna stop living my life

12. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    You're 100% wrong. I've dealt with unions, but on the other side from them.

Yeah for fans it's about money, not all of them, but likely over 50% - that's why gambling is such a big business and fantasy games.

Again, I just find it disingenuous from talking heads to be talking up what they are because I don't really think most of them give a **** on most days. Just my .02.

13. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    You take it from here.

Im entertained by the absurdity, but Im tired and going to bed.

14. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Again, one is required for life. One is simply for entertainment. The risks exists every game, but the talking heads ignore it until they can get eyeballs or clicks.

Like I said, I just find many disingenuous.

It's my .02 and not worth more than that.

Appreciate the discussion tonight and for the most part keeping it clean.

15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hank Gathers and Darryl Stingley, growing up watching NASCAR and Indi …. These events don’t get easier to see. The tragedy shocks and saddens, we move on till the next one happens I guess …. Prayers and thoughts to the young man injured last night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Old Dipstick

Old Dipstick Member

Mar 26, 2022
    Should we get rid of all police too? All kinds of hazards in law enforcement.

17. Old Dipstick

Old Dipstick Member

Mar 26, 2022
    Damar Hamlin didn't die on the field. That's only happened once during a game..

Very very rare..over 50 years ago..: "On Sunday afternoon, Oct. 24, 1971, at Detroit's Tiger Stadium, Lions wide receiver Chuck Hughes became the only NFL player to die on the field during a game."

Weird thing is the Bears and Lions played the rest of the game.. Chicago won, 28-23.

18. Old Dipstick

Old Dipstick Member

Mar 26, 2022
    Which means nothing..a lot of people drive without a license..

19. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Last post, I swear....

Each year.....

37 people die skiing
    390 people die swimming
    5-10 people hang gliding
    4 people doing parkour
    at least 10 sky diving
    15 people golfing
    658 boating
    4 riding roller coasters

None of these are necessary. All of them continue on.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yawn

21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    To be fair. There may be some people counting of the cash flow from the game this week to keep their lights or heat on. That said, these are athletes and are not expected to be able to witness someone being given CPR on the field then turn around and ramp back up to playing a sport.

They're not Firefighters, military members or some other profession where part of the focus in training is to remain clear headed and either continue to save lives or complete a mission. Fully support suspending the game because we don't need to see another injury because they were not in the right frame of mind to be playing. I saw a lot of tears, hugging and concern on those players faces they were not ramping back up to playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If you see this as a big problem for society, what’s your solution? Do you want government to intervene and take away anything that it seems as having a lower value to society than the risks, money be damned? Here’s another analogy - it’s generally accepted that eating a lot of red meat and fried food is unhealthy and can lead to heart disease and other chronic medical conditions in some people. Should fast food and steaks be banned? Are investors and employees associated with these industries hypocrites that are putting money and greed ahead of the needs of society? Should we all be saved from ourselves and told “sorry, that food is bad for you so we’re closing all of the steak houses and fast food industry for your own benefit because you’re too dumb to make the right decisions for yourself?”

Football players understand that they are not playing a risk free game, but they do it anyway. For the vast majority who will never put on pads professionally it’s being done because they love it. For many who are fortunate enough to play professionally, football may be the only thing keeping them from a very hard life. Should society tell all of these people who love the game that the game is banned, so sorry, find another pursuit?

23. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    To be honest, it didn't look like he took that big of a hit. It looked like he just fell on his shoulder after the tackle and rolled over. He popped right up and looked like he was hyped about the tackle!

24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    TERRIBLE!!!!! I didn't watch game but when I woke up I had a ton of text. I see parents steering their children away from football all the time, I imagine this is fuel for their fire.

I remember a movie called Kill Bill 2. At the end she killed guy with a smack to his chest. I thought what BS but I guess it's real.

25. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Right, it looked like a run of the mill hit for the most part. It's the part where he gets up and collapses afterward that is so scary. But whether the hit looks bad or not, knowing what happened b/c of it and showing it over and over always felt wrong to me, so I was glad they didn't do that.