1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone for Bengals/Bills???

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by S.T.D, Jan 2, 2023.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If it was a pre-existing condition that was going to happen no matter what, then it's a good thing it happened when it did, surrounded by paramedics and doctors.

2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Gee, how did the world exist before Hollywood?

3. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I considered that and you're 100% correct. Even if it wasn't a pre-existing condition and trauma related, that 100% true.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Driving?
    Should we all walk everywhere?

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    You're acting like because this happened tonight, it's all of a sudden going to start happening all the time, so the NFL should just call it quits. I've never personally seen anything this bad in a game before. The closest I've seen personally were Shazier and Kevin Everett. Both those, and this, were rare occurrences. Just like freak accidents in other occupations. You can't stop living because something "might" happen. If it's a guaranteed proven safety/life or death issue, of course you'd stop. That's not what is happening here.

Nobody is being hypocritical. They stopped the game because those players are extremely concerned and didn't feel like playing not knowing what was going on, and b/c of being affected by what happened. When they do play, they'll likely be pumped up to go out and play their hearts out to win it for him. Because they'll feel a little different after some time has passed. Like it or not, that's human nature.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Again, are you comparing driving vs NFL football? And some people aren't allowed to drive if they perform actions that put themselves or others at significant risk.

7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    The NFL isn't necessary to human existence and neither is driving.

8. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    So they weren't concerned when Shazier was hurt? They didn't stop that game. And what he had was critical. Was it life threatening? I don't know. I'll guarantee the players on the field that night were likely just as emotional impacted as the players tonight.

I get it - I played sports, including football. I also have been in professions that have dealt with life threatening conditions and deaths. I've spoken to dozens of family members of deceased victims. Time has given me a different perspective. I understand the NFL isn't going away. I'm glad the young man is seeming to improve and will be okay. I think the right decision was made to cancel the game. Hopefully this gives people perspective.

9. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Driving may not be necessary to every person, but pretty hard to get food if someone doesn't drive. Not that it's impossible, but willing to be no one on here is growing and canning all their food.

10. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Douchebag what exactly is one? Inlighten me!! Is that something you've had experience with? If you know it then you've dealt it isn't that how it goes.

11. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Maybe not.

I think they're lots of things I shouldn't do. I also think they're lots of things other people shouldn't do either, but I don't get to tell them what they should or shouldn't do.

12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe you don't remember that, but I do. Shazier was conscious. It was very concerning, and it wouldn't have bothered me if they would have stopped the game, but while his injury was horrific, he was conscious and moving. What happened tonight was something else.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    It can be done. If it eliminates the risk of driving deaths, it's worth it, right?
    I mean, you posed the question how can this sport go on after this. It's the same thing. Something tragic happened tonight, how can this unnecessary sport go on? Something tragic happened on the roadways tonight, how can we keep driving?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I guarantee if you were in my presence you would think twice before you open your trap! Message Board bully!!

15. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't think, with your intellect, that anyone could Enlighten you. Some folks are a lost cause. My experiences with douchebags are all similar to this conversation.....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Absolutely. And someone choked tonight, so we should all stop eating too, right.

Driving provides benefit beyond the risk to mankind. Does the NFL?

17. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh, so it's YOU who gets to decide what's necessary and what isn't. Got it.

We don't need motor vehicles. People survived for millenia without them.

I say ban football and ban driving and keep everyone safe.

18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You're not hiding very well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I think you just discovered the absurdity of what you're writing.
    The NFL is a multi billion dollar industry. It provides a benefit to millions of people beyond the players, management, and owners.

20. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Driving is postponed when it gets too dangerous, and I don't decide it. Elected officials do. Roads are closed, driving bans are put in place. So when the risk becomes more than the benefit, it does happen.

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :lolol::roflmao:

22. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    And football was postponed tonight too.

23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Is driving postponed after every traffic death?

24. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    And you just made the point, the NFL and most fans don't care because it's about the money. That's why most people, while they care about Mr. Hamlin for a short term and offer prayers only really care about the money.

That's what I found somewhat disingenuous tonight. All the people are only saying (talking media folks) what they are saying because it's the PC thing to say, but deep down inside, they want football back on ASAP because it's about the money to them. That's just human nature and it's understandable.

25. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Is eating postponed after every choking incident.

Driving and eating are necessary to some degree, the NFL isn't. Should have they carried Mr. Hamlin to the hospital by hand tonight because there could have been a traffic accident on the way to the hospital?