1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone for Bengals/Bills???

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by S.T.D, Jan 2, 2023.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    You have no idea what the cause is.
    It could be trauma to the chest, it could also be an undiagnosed heart condition. One is related to the game, the other isn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I think Ryan Clark said it best tonight..

3. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    At least you're honest.

I'm not claiming to be superior to anyone else. Nowhere in this thread did I make that claim.

I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy. At least you have the guts to admit you're (insert whatever word you want to describe it).

4. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    That's correct.

It was significant to rightly postpone the game.

If it turns out to be trauma to the chest, how does the equation get balanced.

If it was an undiagnosed heart condition (which likely based on timing was also related to the contact), does that mean it was wrong to postpone the game?

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's not hypocrisy though. Just because you see it that way doesn't make it so.
    Time heals all wounds. Some need more time than others. Some will be ready to play tomorrow, some won't be ready to play a week from now. But I can guarantee none were capable of playing tonight.

The NFL isn't saying the game can't be played, they're just saying it can't be played tonight.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Just heard his vitals are back to normal, and they put a breathing tube down his throat,, they are still running tests on him

• Like Like x 1
  7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I have no idea what you are asking. Balancing what equation?

Why would it be wrong to postpone the game?

8. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    It was not wrong to postpone the game no matter how the event unfolded. We speculate as a matter of simply discussing the episode itself, trying to understand. That said, we don't have enough information to enter into a discussion of what changes should be made moving forward.

9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Source?

10. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    So if they play tomorrow and only 20% are okay to play, that's okay?

Time doesn't heal all wounds. You think if this young man dies, his mother will ever heal?

You said it best, it's about money. And I acknowledge your ability to admit that.

You clearly have your feeling, I have mine. You stated that I claimed to be superior (your opinion) when I clearly didn't but then say I can find it hypocritical. Do you see the double standard of those statements?

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Will Cain on fox news ... :shrug: Said he got from someone close to the situation :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    My love just told me that Damar's sponsored charity, a toy drive, has raised $800 k in the last hour.

• Like Like x 1
  13. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  14. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It was a tweet from Damar's agent. So it should be pretty accurate.

• Like Like x 3
  15. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Hats off to you!! SteelerGLenn is just a message board bully always spewing off!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    It wasn't wrong to postpone the game. What I'm saying is they postponed the game (righty so) since someone almost died. Does that get better in 24 hours. In 24 hours, do you think he almost didn't die?

If it was due to trauma in the game, does it make sense to anyone to do that again? It's like saying, gee I (insert whatever risky event you want - jumped off a cliff, went over the falls in a barrel, stuck my finger in an electrical outlet, put my head in a lions mouth, etc.) and almost died, but I didn't so let's try it again. Does that make sense?

It doesn't if someone dying doesn't matter because of what shaner could admit - it's for money.

17. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry Bengals fan in hiding!!

18. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Your posts come across as acting superior to the rest of us. I never said you can't find it hypocritical, but just because you claim it is doesn't make it so.
    Where is the hypocrisy?

For me, it's not about money. I don't get anything financial from sports. For me, it's entertainment. The same as TV shows and movies are, which by the way do result in the deaths of actors and actresses from time to time.

19. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Tragic things happen all of the time. You pick up the pieces and move on.
    Workplace shootings happen. School shootings happen. Do we quit going to work? Do stop sending our kids to school?

20. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    If you don't see the hypocrisy, I'm not going to go into it, else I be accused of thinking I'm superior to others. And yes, it happens in TV/movies and people get sued, get charged criminally and are held accountable by law enforcement agencies and things change significantly.

Like I said, I appreciate your honesty in responding.

I truly hope this young man is okay and has no lingering impacts to his life.

21. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    So then what's the solution? Every time there's a tragedy, life stops?
    If we are to go down the road you're preaching, then none of us would ever drive again unless absolutely necessary. I know many people who have been killed in traffic accidents. Then there's all the activities I do, such as 4 wheeling, ice fishing, skiing, hockey, skydiving, etc. Again, people die doing those things. Should I be prevented from doing those things?

What about alcohol, tobacco, sugar, fatty foods, etc. that are all linked to a long list of diseases? Should those things all be banned?

It's not about whether everything is fine tomorrow. it happened and that won't change by tomorrow or by next year. But at some point life must go on.

By the way, sports has saved a lot of lives. A lot of these guys would be in jail or dead if not for sports. I can guarantee sports has saved far more lives than it has taken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    People die in car accidents all of the time. Do we stop driving? Do we shut down the roads?

23. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    It sounds like he's going to be ok.
    Honestly, I was expecting the worst

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Alec Baldwin....we should all stop going to the movies. In fact, Hollywood should just shut down.

25. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Are you really comparing school to football with regards to which is necessary?

I guess society has made a decision. Kids were stopped from going to school for months, but the NFL didn't stop. I guess I answered my own question.