1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by C ZACK, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Charlie is a real QB, lot easier to tweak the game plan to better suit him. If you remember when Tebow was back in Denver, a lot of the debate whether to go with him or not revolved around the fact that they would have had to revamp the entire offense around him, it affects everything all the way down to how you draft and would have affected the team for years to come, this was talked about at great lengths. He makes even a worse backup QB then he'd be as a starter.

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Just had to look at Timmy's stats for S&G... the guy had 13 fumbles, a 46% completion rate and a whopping 1700 yards in 14 games last season. Why anyone would want him is baffling.

3. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Perhaps a team like the Browns can use him, but he's not Steeler material.

4. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Here is a stat for you 10 of 21 316 yards and 2 TD's 0 INT's 10 Carries for 50 yards. Guy put up almost 370 yards against a top defense in a playoff game.

Hmmmm wonder who that was against.....could it be???

I am not saying the guy is a STARTER....I am saying he is easily football player with the heart of a winner....hate on him all you want...but the guy is a football player.....sure he plays QB like a LB...but he has won 56% of the games he has started....he can be a piece of the puzzle IMO.....I love him on the kick teams where the Jets are using him.

HACK

5. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't look at one game, I look at a body of work.

I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he is an NFL-caliber QB (which his pro career stats prove) and I've said that since he came into the league.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I don't hate him either, like the guy a lot actually. I was rooting for him like crazy to do well in Denver, that came back to bite me in the @ss huh? But, I can recognize that the guy has a very limited skill set as a QB which I think makes him a poor candidate for a backup position. An offense has to be very specifically designed for this guy to be successful.

7. jftwist

jftwist Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Come on Hack! You know that was his best game ever in a perfect storm fairytale ending!

9. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If only we could just purchase Tebows character and heart then instill it into our dropsy crybaby whiner excuse-making wide receiver Mike Wallace. Other than that impossibility, no thanks.

10. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Bring Tebow in as a back-up QB? No way. That is just crazy. Don't get me wrong, I Love the guys character and as a Christain I love it when a man is unashamed of his Lord and Savior. As a Steeler Fan with some football knowledge I really don 't want him here as a Back-up QB.

Now would I like to see him in a Steeler Uniform? Yes and Yes. As mentioned by others on here he is a football player and he has heart in every sense of the way. If he can catch he'd make a good TE/HB. He has the build,speed,intellect and tenacity to be a gridiron warrior at this level. Will he ever be an All-Pro TE? I doubt it but he'd be the best 3rd string TE/HB we'd have and possibly with some time and reps our #2.

I see Tebow as a Very good football player without a position. Fine that position for him and you upgrade your team.

Vick to the Steelers? .............................. I just said a prayer for those misguided request and suggestions!!!!

Cajun-

11. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If Oregons Chip Kelly does come to the NFL, Tebow would be a perfect fit for his version of the run and shoot offense, the problem with Tebow is he will never be turned into an NFL pocket passer, he has to have an offense designed around him to fit his style of play, enter Chip Kelly.....

12. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd take him, but not for what he could probably get somewhere else. I mean, he would definitely be an asset to the team. Situational QB for the running game + occasional throws... that means he'd probably help us get into the end zone once we get close. We could throw him on every single special team, and he'd be depth at QB in case of injury. Plus, as long as Ben's around we won't have to deal with any kind of controversy.

Then again, we'd have to hear about him a lot more...

13. Devastator41

Devastator41 Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Great guy, terrible QB.

14. Devastator41

Devastator41 Member

Dec 8, 2012
    I like that you think we need someone that the Rooneys seek , but gameplay wise Tim sneaks to much . Though I agree with you for a " Rooney approved player" if you will. We need someone who can pass and make good plays. I also like Tim because he is religous and doesn't only worry about money. I would suggest to keep Byron and Charlie.

15. Devastator41

Devastator41 Member

Dec 8, 2012
    I agree

16. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah...you guys have all changed my mind....I don't want a hard working solid citizen who can play 3rd QB, TE, HB, FB, and punt coverage....

This message board is the Goldilocks of Steeler talk.....this one is to good....this one is to bad.....there is only ONE that is juuuuuuuust right....WHY DON'T THE STEELERS GET THE ONE GUY THAT IS JUST RIGHT ONE????????

HACK

17. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Because of his character. He works hard, plays hard, and would be a positive asset on any team (good teammate).

Has he shown the physical skills to be a good qb in this league (i.e. passing)? No. But, in my opinion, of all the quarterbacks in the league that are "on the bubble" of being a starting qb, he has some of the most promise. He works extremely hard and is extremely committed--things that no one has ever questioned about him. In addition, he has shown that he has the intangibles to be a good leader.

I think with time and in the right situation, he could develop into a good to very good qb. I think Pittsburgh is one of those situations:)

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The question was as a backup QB, I'd consider him for one of the other positions you named. The guy offers nothing as a backup QB though.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's a great kid. the one you'd most likely want your daughter to bring home. he's tough as nails. works hard. he needs to settle into a spot that is not qb though. i think he'd make a good FB or RB. i wouldn't want the media circus that he has not tried to create. he's deamonized for being a beiliever in his faith is part of it. half love him and half hate him for some reason.

one thing thats for sure is not everyone can win games at qb in the nfl. he has. not anyone can play at this level or the college level he played at. maybe he's on the wrong side of the ball? maybe he'd be a killer LB. who knows. i just don't want him as our backup. he's not a good fit and we would have to change to much of what we run to adjust. i wish him luck. he should go to jacksonville. they should bring in the best qb coach they can find and fill the seats. he could win if they build to his stregnths and put a good team around him.:cool:

20. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I'd take Tebow as a backup, a 3rd slot, in a heartbeat. He could be used quite effectively in our offense and I think you would see him putting some points on the board. It would be a great combo IMO. His personal life and beliefs are his business, no thoughts on that good or bad, but I do think he's worth a shot. I even like some options w/ him in the red zone. All the kid ever did was win and like Ward he even sniffs a 1st and or goal, well, just try en stopem.

A running QB. Why, that will never work!!!

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Wow a lot of time wasted on this thread. I personally don't want to see this self promoting bible thumping drama queen on this team. Ever.
    I see through the smoke. He is nothing but an option player, college player. He will fade out of the league.
    Yea, lets do what the Jets did, pull there starting QB and insert the savior. That really worked. The fluke that was in Denver lasted eh?
    Yea lets bring him and his drama to Pittsburgh, that will work...

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't know why you think a QB with that limited skill set would be a good fit to run our offense. And I like using him as you suggested even less, just how many plays would you suggest taking the ball out of Bens hands? You don't take the ball from a QB like Ben to use a QB like Tebow. Something the Jets could have looked to do with Sanchez but you wouldn't do that here.

23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I wouldn't mind Tebow. I just don't want the circus that comes with Tim Tebow. But, maybe that novelty is wearing off finally?

24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don't believe that for a second. No matter where he goes the circus will follow until he's finally gone.

25. stlrs1fan

stlrs1fan Member

Oct 16, 2011
    :this!: