1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want a good end of the season for the Steelers?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Dec 14, 2022.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So far the score is about 12 intelligent football fans and one of the usual left fielders

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I'm sure they will try to win every game. They are doing their best job of tanking without tanking.

But they need to start playing some players to find out what they have for next season.

Now their best DL is done for the season in Wormley. Loudermilk will get an extensive look now to see if he is a keeper.

Get Mark Robinson some snaps at ILBer.

If William Jackson III can get off of IR throw him out there.

Give Conner Heyward snaps with the Offense.

All you got to have wins crack me up. This team is done! We need better draft position to better this team for the future. Isn't going to be a one year fix.

Will I ever root for them to lose? No. But it will be better for the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    It would be better for the future if the Steelers had a top 5 pick or close to it in the next draft.

Imagine if a team were in desperate need of a QB and wanted to trade up with the steelers and ready to give their first round pick of 2024 in the trade, that would help the steelers a lot, but for that to happen the steelers need to be at least close to having a top 5 pick

5. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I want to lose all four games and get better draft picks. I dont think that will happen. My guess is we win 3 useless games as other bad teams tank for better draft picks and Tomlin fight hard to keep his streak of Mediocrity alive.

6. Ytownsteeler

Oct 2, 2015
    How many of Tomlins Amazing non losing season streak were the Steelers legitimate contenders?

7. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Absolutely. Laying down and giving up/tanking just goes against the whole idea of competitiveness. Giving up is a fan idea, not an athlete idea. As a fan, I want my team to strive to compete the very last second. Higher draft picks often end up being busts, so it's not smart to tank just to get a higher pick that very potentially could mean nothing. I want the team to improve and get momentum going into next year. And even though they aren't likely to get far in the playoffs, they aren't mathematically eliminated yet, so any chance should be strived for.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Crush the Panthers: whether that means 42-3 or 13-12 we do not care, just crush them. After that, we go for the win next week and repeat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Finishing strong is more important than moving up a few places in the draft. The draft is always a crapshoot and it's better to have your key young players develop and improve so you have less holes to replace in the draft.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Is this even a real question? I will always root for a Steelers win regardless of the consequences. Let the chips fall where they may... i cant control it anyways. They may not be successful and they may trip over their own shadows at times.. But I'm sure the team is trying to win every single game and not worrying about what might happen later.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    That’s called a Tomlin Super Bowl

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    want 4 wins for Tomlin.Never having a losing season is special. let it continue.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I think I saw the Steelers sitting at the 13th spot in the draft order.
    Even losing out maybe they get to 4th or 5th pick maybe...
    Winning out, my guess is anywhere from 13 to maybe 18th.
    This is a strange NFL season.

I want to see Kenny Pickett finish the season, and I hope to see improved play.
    I'd like to see some of the backups in rotation play, just kind of get a look at them.
    Jackson - I totally have blanked on him, if he comes off IR it would be great to see him get a few spots to see if he's going to fit.
    Other than that, just make it without any major injures and let's roll into the off season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ytownsteeler

Oct 2, 2015
    If we don’t replace these stiffs on the left side of the o line. All our QBs will get hurt. They sucked all year. Had a few decent games against crap teams but still got Kenny killed. Dotson. “YOU KILLED KENNY”.

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They would need a top 5 pick to get Carter IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Finish 3-0-1 just for the haters

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    What haters? People who want to see the team in better shape?

This team is not going anywhere. It would do them good to have a better draft position so they can move to possibly trade down and grab more picks or pick a stud at #1.

Give the new regime of Kahn and Weidl all the ammo. Glad Colbert is gone.

Gonna jump up and down for a faux winning season with no playoffs? No thanks.

And they won't have to tank they are doing that all by themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I just want Pickett to look decent and for the team to avoid injuries that would have an impact on next year.

Beyond that I don’t care.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Conner Heyward is getting snaps on offense.

I think Loudermilk is getting some time, too. He just isn't doing anything with it.

I agree that they should get Robinson out there more. I'm not as concerned about Jackson. He's a veteran. They know what he is.

21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Of course. Only losers pray or hope the team fails

• Like Like x 1
  22. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Sarcasm bro, sarcasm.

Finish 3-0-1 they get to 8-8-1 and Tomlin's streak is preserved.

23. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    That would keep the MT Apologist Fan Club still hanging from his balls. That's about all they have to cling to at this point.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    My ideal situation would be for the Steelers to win out, because....competitiveness matters (and all the reasons I said earlier in this thread), but that Rooney finally realizes that winning seasons aren't the goal here, and does something about the fact that Tomlin isn't getting it done.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm with you and would love to see both things happen although both are pretty unlikely.

• Like Like x 1