1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the falcons fiesta

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Dec 4, 2022.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Wouldn't it have been even smarter if Minkah didn't run out of bounds.
    Team still needs to work on football fundamentals.
    I blame Tomlin.

2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    What difference would it made if he slid in bounds or ran out of bounds? The clock would've stopped due to the change of possession. He likely helped bleed a few seconds from the clock jogging down the field to the sideline.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No. The clock stops after a turnover, anyway.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Of course, but every second counts.
    He should have pitched back to one else to keep running out the clock.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    YESSSSS to #5!!!! I have never seen a team sleep through the third quarter like the Steelers do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    My tip of the caps:

1. Pat Freiermuth... Pat had a huge play, You been waiting for that for a while. Also that was the first pass play over 50 yards in 20 games for the Steelers. That is just crazy bad and it was by a TE as well.

2. Conner Heyward.... I know he had one catch... but big catch it was 1st TD for him. Ironhead be proud of you young man. Tip of cap to brother Cam as well big game for him with the only sack and some good tackles.

3.Offensive Line- Before the season we thought our line could be the worse in the NFL, it isn't. They have come together and are run blocking well and Kenny Pickett wasn't sacked in the game.

4. Minak Fitzpatrick- It been a while since we saw Fitzpatrick make a big splash play. But, boom out of know where he ball hawked that one big time.
    Heads up and unselfish play. Sure they won't probably lose if he returns it for score. But, I have seen guys get hurt in meaningless plays. Imgaine being ahead ten points and Alex Highsmith gets hurt bad with 30 seconds to go in a game.
    Heads up play. Take the knee get out there. He didn't want to go back out there and good thing his defensive teammates didn't have to either.

5. Kenny Pickett- Did enough to win, 4 straight games with no INT. He left some throws out there that he would like back. But, I'll take any little progress. His stats aren't sexy and they probably won't be. But the winning formula seems run the ball well, play good defense maybe get a turnover try to win. Have to find a way to get the FG's into TD's, it will beat bad teams but a good team it won't work.

6. Pressley Harvin III , Matthew Wright and special teams. Matthew Wright perfect, but he has to be the luckiest dude to bumper two inside the uprights two straight weeks.
    Pressley Harvin- Probably the most whipped on Punter in Steelers history. What a punt at the end of the game. It was the right move by Tomlin and Harvin made it, it look like the total right move.

The not so good list.

1. Arthur Smith (Falcons coach)- Looks like that kid in the group of friend's from an 80s movie that no one really likes and is kind of annoying.
    Thank god we only play them every 4 years, but its OK he will probably be fired in 2 years.

2.TJ Watt- On my list two straight weeks. Guy is hurt and playing hurt so hard to put much blame on him. 3 Tackles in game none for a loss.

3. Alex Highsmith- Very non existent in the game. Jake Matthews handled High Smith pretty well. Alex didn't have a lot of splash of anything in this one.

4. Levi Wallace- I just don't think he's a guy you want starting, he a is a reserve CB but we don't have much choice.

5.Dionte Johnson- Nearly fumbles... got bailed out, for $18 million and no touchdowns this year is maddening. 5 catches 60 yards... but at least he didn't run away from a 1st down this game. But, he has to be better for what he's paid.

6. George Pickens- He was angry.. but its not a great look when your winning. But come on guys... 2 targets ???.. that's as many as Jalen Warren had. Unacceptable. I bet George had a lot of family and friends there being a Georgia guy. He wasn't happy with his looks. But he had a right to be in this one. They got to figure it out with him.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with everything You said, but the last. This team should be coached to win.....not baby a player. I personally Love Pickens, but I promise You the reason they aren't going His way is because they hate Him.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    People keep mentioning Diontae's 18 million salary, but I don't think that kicks in until 2023.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Najee was hurt, been saying it all year.

• Winner Winner x 1