1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It wouldn’t surprise me at all…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 30, 2022.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Never said they were all I am saying is they will at least keep their season alive if they can win these next few games with Atlanta and Baltimore and get some help with the Jets losing their next 2 games at Minnesota and at Buffalo. Nobody thought they were gonna get in last year either and they kept winning until the last week of the season and they snuck in. Not saying this will happen this year but until you are completely mathematically out of it I’m not totally writing off this season just yet. The Steelers could easily be 1 game out of that last wildcard spot come next week if they win in Atlanta and beat Baltimore at home looking at the Jets, Chargers, and Patriots schedules. It’s not totally impossible or making some outrageous statement or prediction to think this can’t happen at all.

• Like Like x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually. I knew they were getting in last year. Look at every post I put up.LoL
    Anyway..... I never give up....until it's impossible.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I punched your scenarios into the 538.com NFL Prediction app. Before last nights game, it gave the Steelers a 2% chance of making the playoffs.

I then had Pit beating Atl and Balt, the Jets and Pats losing 2, and LAC splitting, it estimated the Steelers playoff chances at 15%

So the optimist can say. “See, the Steelers playoff chances dramatically improved”

The pessimist can say “Even if things go very well the next 2 weeks, they still have an 85% chance of missing the playoffs”.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I’d be interested to know, but definitely don’t wanna research. Maybe someone that is persistent on wanting to tank the rest of the season can do the research.

even just go back 5 years and tally up the teams that have picked in the top 10 picks, how successfully they are in todays NFL.

yes I know of Burrow, but how well did they do before the very next year they got Chase.

would you like for the Steelers to tank 2-3 seasons in a row to be able to get the weapons you think that will get us into the playoffs for several years.

yes the draft can help, but the draft is not the answer.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And which way are your hormones taking you today

Are you hiding from me behind the ignore button like steelersrule6

Come out and play with the big kids

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers lost to every team in the AFC East, so if I was you, I wouldn't be holding out hope for some wildcard spot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Seeing red again
    Seeing red again

8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Your last sentence reminded me of the classic "Warriors" movie. "Warriors, come out to playyyyyay"!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Steelers win Patriots lose Thursday night Jets lose in Minnesota. Awaiting the Chargers Raiders game but even if the Chargers win the Jets and Chargers will be 7-5, Patriots 6-6, and the Steelers 5-7 so still very much alive for another week for that final wildcard spot.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    sad thing about this is we are better than the Jets and Patriots both losses.

• Like Like x 2
  11. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Wait, now I'm rooting for Las Vegas this week? I'm so confused.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    With Lamar hurt could this team go 10-7????

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    No

15. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    We know there were bottles clinkin
    For sure

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Denver screwed us too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Well plugged the updated game results into 538.com’s NFL Playoff predictor. Over the weekend their playoff chances improved from 2% to 6%. Oddly, their chances barely moved with the NYJ, Mia and LAC losses, but Balts win really effected them, had Balt lost the Steeler chances would have gone to 12%. I guess the fact that they have 2 games with Balt, gives them a bit more control over their destiny, than with teams that they’ve already lost tiebreaker to.

• Like Like x 2
  18. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Here are the standings for the 7th wildcard spot.

7.Jets 7-5
    8.Patriots 6-6
    9. Chargers 6-6
    10. Raiders/Steelers/Browns 5-7

Next week Jets play at Buffalo, Chargers play Miami, Patriots play at Arizona, Raiders play at the Rams and Browns play at Cincinnati. Very possible next week this time the Steelers with a win over the Lamar Jacksonless Ravens could be 6-7 and full game behind the Jets and Chargers who both have very very tough Games next week and both have a very good chance of losing as well. So the Steelers at this point and time are very much alive for that 7th seed in the AFC. They gotta chance to be right in this thing next week this time.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Steelers can win any game left on their schedule or lose any one of them. What would make it a perfect tomlin season would be to get into wild card position and piss it away against a crap team like Carolina.

20. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    It’s gonna be very tough for them to get in no doubt but I don’t trust anyone of the teams ahead of them like the Jets, Chargers, and Patriots to grab a strangle hold on that last wildcard spot. Especially looking at all 3 of those teams schedules and with Lamar Jackson being out now for the Ravens the Steelers could easily wake up on Christmas morning now at 8-7 and tied for that last playoff spot with a team like the Jets,Chargers or Patriots. The Steelers are gonna win those 2 games at Carolina and on Christmas Eve at home with the Raiders they just are they aren’t losing either one. It wouldn’t take a miracle for that to happen at all at this point looking ahead.

• Like Like x 2
  21. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Raiders are playing much better they have a game vs LA Rams Thursday that could and should get them to 6-7. They could easily beat us nobody on our team can cover Devante Adams and Jacobs is having an unbelievable year.

22. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I wouldn't bank on the playoffs.
    I think there's too many pieces either missing or just starting to fit.

Pickens disappointed me Sunday, I didn't like his antics - though not A. Brown-like. That has to stop.
    D. Johnson had some drops and catches where the run after was puzzling.
    Pickett misfired a couple time.
    And the defense still struggles, even against Marcus Tebow.

But the outlook is not dismal. I think they will be back in the chase next season.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yep

those were 2 of our finer games this year.....

24. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    way too early to say if we will be in any chase next year. we are ~.500 team for a while. Many many deficiencies on both sides of the ball and with coaching. Burrow and Cincy will rule the division for a while. KC and BUFF with stud QB's also will sit at the top. We have MUCH work to do to get to antother 10 win season

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Every win is a bonus at this point. Honestly, the Steelers would be a waste of playoff spot if they somehow get the 6th or 7th seed. They would get either the Bengals, Bills or Chiefs. Steelers don't have the talent or experience in 2022 to compete with these teams. After watching KC vs. CIN yesterday after Steelers game... this is even more obvious. Steelers would get crushed by these teams. Next year will be a different story.

Steelers desperately need a #1 CB.... Wallace is a good #2. Plus help at DE, OL, SS and ILB.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1