1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pickett Called the winning play

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by VTSteelerfan, Nov 29, 2022.

1. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    What I want to know is what the original play call was before KP turned it into a TD... A Jet sweep to a WR? A wiered triple fake shovel pass to an eligible OL? A flea flicker from the 2 yard line? Something we've never seen before?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

I believe its 4 weeks/3 games

• Like Like x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not sure who Bobby Brister is, but if I could slightly paraphrase something that Bubby Brister once said…
    “(Kenny’s) the man, write it down!” :towel:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Ryan Clark went over the original play call with his film study after the game last night. I wish that I could remember word for word what he said but it was basically a pass out in the flat to DJ was the original call. Johnson ran the pattern and when the defender went with him Pickett handed off to Snell who went through the vacant area.

5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yea Canada should be extended immediately :roflmao:

6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Bubby was a 3rd round pick in the 80s. Qb from Louisana with a cannonof an arm but not much else, lol. Reportedly Chuck Noll saw him in one game on TV and was so impressed he drafted him..can't say if that's true or not. He actually played for the team 7 years, was starter a couple of them and lead the team to an AFC championship game.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I do, but I have watched him for a long time. He can get better and if he keeps working
    he will? I am scared of all the running he is doing. Kenny was prone to injury
    in his Pitt career. NFL players have all the tools Power, speed they can end a QB's
    career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It was called during a timeout.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Brister never made it past the divisional round as a starter at QB. Malone was the one who made it to the AFC Championship in '84.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    • I had that feeling watching Colt McCoy ..I cant remember if he beat the Steelers but I went on the Browns Board to tell them that they have a generational QB talent. :eek:

• While I am add it ...Ryan Leaf, Sam Darnold, Ryan Perrilloux, Russel I think his name was the other QB from LSU who went to Oakland.

• Then there is low drafted or UDFAs Tony Romo, Tom Brady (But although he looks average this year I am convinced he is using something under the radar and not just elastic resistance bands and TB12 water.)

• It was like the year Peyton went to Denver and put up Madden numbers that one year and I think it was th efollowing year he couldn't throw a 20 yard out with any velocity. Maybe when he had that jammed neck he was allowed to use performance enhancers. :shrug:

11. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    There are outliers that will slip through. Geno Smith is having a heck of a year, only took a decade to get there lol. In the 70s Jim Plunkett was the 1st overall pick by the Pat's. Was less than spectacular then went to Oakland. I recall an reading someone higher up in the organization said take your time, get healthy, learn the system. All he did was QB 2 sb. Marino rewrote the record book, yet only made it to one SB.

It takes so much to get there. Have no idea what KP will become. Some guys you can tell, others who show potential I think you really need 2 solid years ...then the third year before you can really see if this is the guy.

12. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Um…you might want to read that again, lol. I’m very aware of who BUBBY Brister is, but not BOBBY Brister.

14. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Lmao..middle of the night typo or auto correct.

• Like Like x 1