1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1984, Big Brother shut down the Covid discussion thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikeyg, Nov 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m here for the Steelers not a debate over Covid.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Its called natural immunity, the more people exposed and create the needed antibodies, the less prevalent and/or dangerous the virus. As antibodies start defeating the original strain, the mutations start and they are never stronger then the original. Thats just how it works, but keeping wearing that mask ( insert face palm )

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    1984! Great album! We played that just about every day! Jump, Hot for teacher, Panama! Some of their best stuff!
    Oh yeah, COVID's bad. Mmmkay?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    a better book than LP...;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That is simply not true. Thanks for sharing your fb meme medical education with us. Look at the Ebola, avian flu, hell the regular old flu virus. They are all examples of viruses that have mutated and have not become less deadly. In fact in some cases they are even more deadly.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I would say that’s incorrect, but…

This thread: Public argument about a thread closure inevitably devolving into the same discussion that got the first thread closed. Way to respect the mods. (And no, I’m not one of them.)

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Covid faked the moon landing after it hoola hooped with the rings of Saturn. I hope the devil blesses us all with extreme metal and plant sacrifices to beer bongs... pebble on pieces of cancer

8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

So you’re trying to claim that a virus has a brain and is capable of thought and decision making. Not that mutations are random. Got it! :thumbs_up:

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I haven't worn a mask anywhere it wasn't required in months, but thank you for showing your bias.

Exposure wasn't getting the job done. That is why the vaccines were needed to get things under control.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    George could write but, could he vocalize like Diamond Dave? I don't think so!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I get what he was trying to say. He just stated it very poorly. Beneficial mutations survive. I believe that was his point, but that doesn't eliminate the existing variations.

12. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    whether its COVID discussions or player discussions, its not rocket science. Natural immunity is and always will be way better than a vaccine just like Ben was way better than any other QB on the current roster. This isnt opinion, its simply the truth. You can believe whatever you want but that doesnt change facts.

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    The simple fact remains that a virus doesn’t intentionally mutate itself into perpetual existence. They do in fact mutate to become more virulent and deadly. There are numerous examples of it happening in the past. Virus mutations are in fact random not intentional. They have no control of becoming weaker or stronger.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Go Steelers

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    wow, 4 pages. Steelers must have won.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    My immunity anecdote is this: When my son was born, prematurely, his mom went into overprotect mode. she would wrap him up like a burrito always. Well, he continued to have respiratory problems and I told her she needed to stop wrapping him up so he could start to build immunities. Her reply was, "You're a man what do you know?" After taking him to the ER, again, for a breathing problem, the nurse told her to stop wrapping him up so he could start to build natural immunities. I just looked at her and said, "apparently, I know as much as a Philippine nurse..."
    There's a reason they're EX wives!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Tomlin sucks!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  18. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Or vamp. DLR did it great. Freddie Mercury too.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You are entitled to your opinion, but without the vaccines, either we would still be in some version of lockdown, the virus would be running rampant, or this country would have torn itself apart.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Please shut down this dumb thread. Please...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Why do people fight over vaccinations? To each his own. I have not once in the last 3 years given any thought as to who is vaccinated and who is not.

It's kind of like guys who have had a vasectomy getting pissed off at guys who pull out.

To the folks that are debating how viruses mutate, there is a message board on WebMD where uber intelligent guys such as yourselves can pretend to be doctors.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    It’s because people that don’t want to get injections supposedly can affect other people so it becomes a shame game. I just can’t believe we are still talking about this crap. I have two little kids that are always getting sick in school and usually pass it to my wife and myself but this time of year that’s normal. Humans were born with immune systems for a reason….

• Like Like x 1
  23. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    There is some validity to that. But bitching and moaning is not going to change anything. Those who believe vaccination has been successful will continue to vaccinate and boost. Those who do not will continue to do the opposite. There is free will involved here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you don't like it don't read it. Makes perfect sense.

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Btw I know all to well what you are saying about the kids getting sick. Anytime one of my kids get sick I look at my wife and say " Dead man walking". One gets sick and then we all fall one at a time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.