1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

CLAYPOOL TRADED TO BEARS

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jrompola, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Wait.. If Bears traded Roquan Smith for a 2nd thrn traded that 2nd for Claypool.. Does that mean we could have got Roquan for Claypool straight up?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Whoa!

3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They probably traded CC to the bears to counter Ju Ju's comments. When he said that he's learned more in only 2 weeks, compared to the 5 years in Pitts.

Two weeks from now, CC will come out and say that he's forgot how to run routes quicker in Chicago , than the 3 years in Pitts.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    upload_2022-11-2_15-13-18.jpeg :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    I would hope for one or two OL, and one or two of CB, ILB or DE/OLB.
    If they drafted 5th overall and got the top pass rusher in the draft and then nabbed best OL on board early 2nd, I'd be okay with that. I think OL, CB, ILB are bigger needs, but having a REAL OLB on the other side of Watt would make the overall D highly potent. If an FA CB or ILB fixes another s
    Perhaps they just needed a high 2nd round pick more than Claypool. I hope this is clear sign GM sees weaknesses and WR is not one of the concerns moving forward. Also, next year Claypool value declines greatly given it would be a contract year and big $$$ ask in 2024. It may have just been "best for the team" move and not about Claypool himself. I suspect he'll improve the Bears passing game and I hope we get a top OL/DB/LB with this Bears pick.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Claypool was becoming the number 3 receiver

Getting a second for him is great

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Too bad claypool was terrible at it

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    I was done with Claypool when he celebrated the first down (made a mistake). Then later never said I am sorry it will never happen again. He never cared as much as the offensive lineman that tried to help, the fans or the coaches that tried to correct the behavior. Also he said the one thing he learned from JuJu was how to build your brand. Well go build it somewhere else!

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt they would want to pay Roquan next offseason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Players always talk up their new team, JuJu had 1,400 yards in his second season with the Steelers, I'm supposed to believe he didn't learn much on offense :rolleyes:. IIRC Ryan Clark after he left the Steelers was saying that Washington was the best secondary he ever played with :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    From what I've been reading it seems as though a lot of players were really blindsided by this trade and really liked playing with Chase Claypool. They all know it's a business but that kind of throws a BS flag on him dividing the locker room. I believe he probably called out the coaching staff and obviously that didn't go over well. To me, there's an elephant in the room and it is not any particular player.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Wrs should be of concern, they dont seem to be getting any kind of separation from defenders.

14. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It's not that he was such a locker room issue that he had to be shipped out because the players/coaches hated him.... It's that having one too many guys like him around creates a weak locker room. He wasn't putting in effort on plays where he wasn't thrown the ball, he acted out when things didn't go his way, put himself before the team. Winning cultures dont have dudes like that around, especially when that culture lacks the veteran leadership that is quality enough to offset it at the moment. A Jarvis Landry type move (that type of guy not just a WR) could do wonders for this team.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That is and isn't true. The point could be made that OBJ was all about himself and forced his way off two teams but he got a ring last year with the Rams and most talking heads seem to think the Rams are still trying to get him to come back.

As to the first part of your response has that been documented? I know Claypool called out Canada two weeks ago and that he had a few run ins with ppl during the off season but I haven't seen anything like you are describing. The comment after the trade was the first I heard about him being a problem and that's why I said I have a hard time putting much faith in that report. Have I missed some one breaking that story?

16. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    kenny pickett has a sister who played flag football at east Stroudsburg university. we are reportedly signing her.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Thats the point, the first part isn't documented at all. It would have been documented if it were the case. The point is that he didn't cause a giant scene and get ousted, he just is the type of person you want away from a team that doesn't have vet leadership to overcome someone like Chase on the team. He's not good enough to work around it. If we had Hines Ward, Bus, etc., then a guy like that is fine. All we have is Heyward and as big of a fan of him as i am,... he might not be the best at it.

18. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Read shes good at soccer. Wonder if she can punt

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    JuJu never had a good WR coach except for Drake who died after one season coaching him. Mann retired before JuJu was drafted and for two years after Drake died they had no WR coach at all. So I can totally believe JuJu when he says he didn’t learn much here, he had no coach for a couple years at all.

They also have gone some stretches without having a QB coach. This team is bad putting together a coaching staff. They are notoriously cheap with it.

Probably last time they had a strong coaching staff was when Munch was here. Had some former HC’s on it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    FCDE5179-6356-4115-942A-A31267526A5D.jpeg Wait, according to Dulac….

21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Source? It doesn’t really matter if the players were blindsided. It’s not the general manager’s job to clear any potential move with the players. The simple fact remains Chase has all the physical tools, but he has failed to put it all together. He might do so with Chicago, but only time will tell. He appeared to have a bright future after his rookie season, but regressed in year two. In year three he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire. You can point to his use in the slot as an excuse for his lack of production. However, that doesn’t explain his lack of blocking, drifting through zones, crappy route running etc. I was opposed to trading him. Hoping he would finally put it all together. However, if he truly was a distraction then he wasn’t worth keeping.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    they brought on Sherman as the interim wr coach after drake died. Then moved onto Hilliard.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Forgot about Sherman. He’s not listed, there was a gap between Drake and Hilliard when I looked it up.

• Like Like x 1
  24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    No worries. Forgetfulness happens with advanced age

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ll take your word for it

I can’t remember

• Like Like x 1