1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A once proud franchise

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Oct 30, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No this is not correct

On this board alone that has been dispelled

I cleared that up repeatedly with quotes from the coaches

Please do your homework and don’t quote :bscow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I’ll be happy with 2-15 and top 3 pick and new coordinators.

3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Sounds like a disaster… Like I said, my inbox is open.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm sorry they don't hire trolls :lolol:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    May be the dumbest post ever

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i'd agree

the last extension was asinine

7. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

I feel your pain. Saw this coming years ago as did others. It's been painfully evident for a while coaching has held the team back for quite some time now. Always making dumb decisions in game planning, game management, losing too often to inferior teams and never ready as a team for playoffs. Ben has been the sole reason the team stayed afloat as long as it did as cowhers players faded with age until he was the last. I know cowher had a few down years but at least under him they fought and had a winning playoff record and he only had a franchise qb a few years. Had he had a franchise qb through almost his entire tenure I have no doubt we'd have at least 2 or 3 more Lombardi's. But we are getting ready to find out franchise qb's don't come often. Some of the better teams through the years have had 2 and a lucky few have had 3. I hope the best for kenny but I knew the chances of him being heir apparent were slim to none given what he's walking into. I will admit I have had zero faith in Tomlin for years and will continue to have until he proves me wrong and I will welcome that if it happens.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe we still have the best W-L record since the merger. I could be wrong on this?

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It stinks but all teams go through this eventually. For fan support reasons the teams will never admit to rebuilding but it is what it is.

10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If what you say happens, we'll suck thru 2024 then start all over with a new coach in 2025. Assuming a new regime will take a couple of years to get traction in their system, that's four more years of bad football not including the rest of this year. Are we really back in the 80's again? Is this a realistic scenario or worst case? I just have no idea what would make an owner feel that a coach needs to coach a team for 18 years or more not having done much of anything for nearly a decade already. Baffling. JMO>

11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    By that logic Brady bailed Bill Belichick out all the time.
    Walsh was bailed out by Montana and Young
    Noll was bailed out by Bradshaw

You ****ers need to understand that it does not matter how good your coach is without a really good QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And then there are coaches like Joe Gibbs that win multiple Super Bowls with multiple quarterbacks, none of whom are in the HOF. Give me a coach like that any day who figures out a way to win even though he has average quarterbacks running the offense.

• Like Like x 1