1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bye Week & Off season moves moving forward

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 31, 2022.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Look, this season is over and this about taking the emotion out and thinking about moving forward and next year.

1) Teryl Austin. I'm not saying any of this is his fault. But this is about moving forward. I doubt they would do this publicly but I'd like to see Flores call the shots on defense. Let's see what he's got before we potentially lose him. If there's no difference with Flores then Austin gets it back next year.

2) We need to not win anymore pointless games ruining our draft position. Understanding this Matt Canada stays until the season is over. We need him to continue to screw this up and take the blame when the season is over. Matt Canada will be fired once the season is over. Fans will rejoice and act like we are magically Super Bowl contenders again.

3) I'm shopping Claypool looking for a 1st but will settle with a 2nd.

4) All veterans can go for any draft capital if they want to chase a ring.

Offseason

We need a full rebuild of roster and coaching personnel. I get Tomlin is going nowhere and I like him as coach. Just a coach and nothing else. Any coaching personnel that's there because Tomlin vouched and has no merit is immediately fired. Tomlin should just take the off-season off and let the scouts and GM handle the scouting and draft. We need to get back to the winning formula.

We can start now looking for a new OC. Maybe we can Byron Leftwich when Brady retires.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You serious about getting a 1st round pick for Claypool?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    How many WRs running, throwing, and catching TDs on the block right now? Add in he's on a rookie contract rest of this year and next. Desperate team could reach.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    SDOT needing attention again

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Claypool wouldn't fetch anything higher than a 5th. AB went for a 5th round pick actually...

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No way to get a 1st. for Claypool..His route running is not real crisp , he mis times his jumps on contested balls .. He seems a bit slow coming in and out of breaks .. I would say his value is a 3rd. and nothing higher IMO .. We need the ammo so I would take it..I don't think DJ likes playing with our new QB much either he seems to take plays off to me..I would trade him for a 2nd. if we could get that for him..

I say have a fire sale get what you can for basically anyone you can then start fresh new Coaches new scheme and new players ...

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    AB was a basket case and had more mileage I think a 3rd. is market value for Chase...

8. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I would be doing backflips if we got a 3rd for CC. He also has a weird habit of falling down when he's running. Maybe a lack of balance.

9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It wouldn't surprise me if Steelers went 3-1 over the next 4 games with Watt back. But then again... it wouldn't surprise me if they went 1-3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You seem surprised

11. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    We gotta see Kenny Pickett continue to develop and hopefully win some of these games on his own in the 2nd half of the season against a lot of teams the Steelers should beat. I just don’t know how any of this happens with Canada continuing to lead this offense. I mean Pickett has to be better on his own but he needs help from this coaching staff and I just don’t know where it’s gonna come from.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Don’t worry about tanking, we will but not on purpose. Canada will be the scapegoat for sure

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're a very conflicted person HM. You might want to work out all the remaining permutations to improve your odds. Just saying. :thumbs_up:

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Not really. Saints, Colts and Falcons are winnable games with Watt at OLB. Bengals at this point... not so much. Steelers will get a whoopin from the Bengals.... see Bills, Eagles.

15. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I wouldn't toss Austin. I think Flores is only here for a year or two until his next head coaching opportunity comes up. He won't be satisfied with his current role for very long. This was just a reset for him after the Miami fiasco.

16. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Steelers won’t make any moves and it’s gonna get worse. I believe Tomlin is losing that locker room right now by NOT making any moves.

When have you heard a Bill Belichik, Harbaugh led team say as much as the current Steelers have to the media?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I haven't seen any development from him since his first start. Still a turnover machine, Poor passes, poor decisions, and all the rest of the ills of a first year QB. So his next development will be his first

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm surprised you feel that way.

19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I want to see how Jack and Bush are playing at the end of the season.

Bush is trying to work out of his funk. But Jack needs to be making special plays too. So far he has been doing just enough.

If these guys aren’t really kicking it into high gear, I'm not sure what to think?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    To me anything less than a 2nd isn’t worth it. Having him for next year >> 3rd round pick.

I never said toss. I said I want to see if Flores can be a better DC before we lose him. If not Austin gets the job again next year.

21. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Well in AB case teams knew they had to get rid of him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    First you act like you’re smarter than me… I bet you will do the same with Peter King…

Like I said… 2nd and a 5th could just be a 1st if really desperate. Nothing less than a 2nd.

23. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Packers ain't going nowhere. They'd be stupid to do that. It's an Aaron Rodgers wish list at best.

24. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    AB went for a 3rd and a 5th after tanking his value. We could've gotten a better deal from the Bills but AB killed that deal too.

25. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I could see a later 1st or a 2nd and a 5th. It's not a crazy suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1