1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

People laughed at me when I said we would be 2-6

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I was at the max scrimmage and said that the offense was a disaster and a average team in jags destroyed staters in the scrimmage that counts. O line would be our downfall. Little did I know that our d would be just as bad. Can’t run the ball a yard. D can’t stop a pass at all with two guys covering a wr. And rookie qb throws to wrong team. How did we win 2.

2. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    We had Watt game 1 and had a 5-0 turnover differential as Burrow was throwing to the wrong team. Tampas offense is almost as bad as ours.

3. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Embracing reality isn't very popular on this messageboard.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Are you sure that's why they were laughing at you!

• Hilarious x 9
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
  6. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yup, you proved your significance and omniscience. I guess the only thing left to do is live our lives according to your will!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    The Seahawks are 5-3 with freaking geno smith… who btw is playing pretty good and better than Wilson. Falcons 4-4 with Mariota lol

spent the last 2 off seasons on offense and haven’t even cracked 25 points once. Dead last in the nfl

steelers worst team in point differential as well

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’re still laughing.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Plenty of other messageboards to frequent, Benny. Just sayin'

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It's no surprise. This team is awful. Dysfunctional. Undisciplined. Rinse and repeat. Hope Tomlin hires some more hack coordinators.

Canada is like banging a square peg into a round hole. It doesn't fit. As well as Austin. I'm also tired of the defense of Mike Tomlin.

It's his $hit show with no end in sight. And to stubborn to make changes.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Trolls and excessive redundancy aren’t very popular on this message board

If you grow up you will learn the difference

Time will tell

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I thought 1-7...so I guess I'm pleasantly surprised at 2-6. That said...did a quick scan of the remaining schedule. I think we have 3 legit winnable games (not that we're favored...but we could win). My guess at the beginning of the year was a 6 win team. I think that's the top end now.

13. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A rookie QB....and this was BEFORE TJ was injured. Not sure why anyone thought this was going to be a playoff year. I would totally be ok with this season and this record if our OC had a least a TINY bit of imagination.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    in honor of halloween

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yep - i was laughed at too, when I predicted doom and gloom. THAT SAID - if TJ was in regularly, we would have 2 more wins, IMO. UGLY, but wins, nonetheless. Most of us knew this O would BLOW. too many believed the FO Narrative that Ben was the problem. We knew Mitch was pedestrian, at best. and the the OLINE was a work in progress. You have to run the ball some in this league - Canada and Tomlin don't get it.

like you , the JAGS game was telling to me also.

16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

well - it's ROONEY's S-SHOW, the blame starts there

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm not saying Pickett is close to Hurts but he didn't set the world on fire the first few seasons and now most likely he will take his team to the SB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    this

i have a number of friends that are Eagles fans. they were FAR from sold in Hurts, still skeptical. But - you can see, with right coaching and building a offense around HIS SKILLS, (like what the Rats did w Lamar), that you can win games. Would be nice to score points again, wouldn't it?

19. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Pickett definitely has his warts, but I am beginning to wonder if the Steelers supposedly great WR corps isn’t so great after all.

Freiermuth looks good with Pickett. But he’s about the only receiver who consistently does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd put Pickens in there too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I laughed cause I thought 0-8

22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This is the problem with going back to predictions and trying to claim the gift of foresight. If someone predicted we'd lose Watt, lose most of our secondary, when Kenny would start etc. then that would just be uncanny.

If someone looked at the roster we had said 2-6 with Watt et al, then I guess they should be happy we didn't stink more.

Either way, I think it's fair to say that most of the more optimistic predictions in preseason were well aware of their optimism.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I laughed because you had a thought

24. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    The WR are ok. DJ was/is overrated. He got overhyped because he had a good year last year. I haven't looked back but I'd be curious how many of those catches and yards were in garbage time trying to put on a come back vs. his production when the game is on the line. We see this year he's great at catching the ball out of bounds. I've always thought he was a really good number 2...not a number 1. He also is not on the same page with his QB too often for a guy who's been in the league as long as he has. And just generally speaking...he talks too much and seems thin skinned...he's not a Steeler.

25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I won't give our wr a great grade, but the plays and play calling are horrible. I understand, last seconds of a game trying for the last second win. We have how many guys over 6'2..or taller. Dj gets the call surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders. I realize no time outs, few seconds ..so it's a big if anyway. But there just does not seem to be any planning or adjustments. It's hard to tell what we have in any position with the rancid stuff from Canada.