1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Away stadiums you've visited for the Steelers and your experience.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 19, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I would have loved to read Bengal message boards when poor old Lewis was Coach. Depending on how the mods watched the board I would think the post against Tomlin on here would be super mild compared to what Bengal fans had to say about that guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I always called him Mediocre Marvin. Bengals fans believed in him early on but that quickly faded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Not up top. Never been up there.
    Some claims were made about the gas filled balloon sniffers hanging out up there. I've never seen that either.
    Just the fat mustached woman next to me at the urinals kind of irked me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Cleveland
    Buffalo
    Tampa (including SBXLIII)
    Miami
    Jacksonville
    New Orleans
    Phoenix
    SF

Back in the day:
    Buffalo stopped serving beer after half time. At Cleveland Municipal sat in the dog pound a couple times, had to go to the bathroom in pairs as one had to watch the others back. Tampa Miami and Jacksonville were all like home games. As was AZ, won by the Duck. In NO, pre Katrina, Duce ran all over us.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    All AFC north stadiums, Houston Astrodome and Rose Bowl. Rose Bowl the best. Old Brown stadium the least. Of course I have been to 3 Rivers and Heinz many times. Too many cold times
    for me.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Giants Stadium. The Ben vs Eli rookie game in 2004. 33-30 win
    Jets Stadium. 2016 31-13 win

Been to Three Rivers several times and watched and recorded the implosion.

Heinz field a couple of times the best being the 2008 championship game vs the crows. It was electric.

Been to Arrowhead Stadium but not against the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I have only ever gone to Cleveland and Indy for Steelers away games.

But, having Steelers season tickets kind of damages spending amount to go to away games any more.

Lucas Oil was the 1st time I ever watched a Football game indoors, it was kind of different feeling.

Indy is a very nice city, fans were really decent and nice.

Hopefully once my kids are older, the Mrs. and I can travel to an away game a season or something to see more stadiums.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Old Cleveland Stadium
    Philly
    Dallas
    Jacksonville
    Tampa
    Miami

• Like Like x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Heinz field. (Well, it’s away for me) other than that, the only one is San DiedoJackMurphyQualcomm. Had my TT stolen from me. The Choker faithful still hang their hat on beating us in the AFCCG
    In ‘95

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I've been to all of those. What're you scared of?

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I was at old Vet in Philly and M&T.

M&T was awful, we got yelled at and beer sprayed on us all game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Oh' I don't know? A bunch jagoffs. Although that can happen anywhere it seems like those places could be more of a nuisance as a Steelers fan.

Went to the AFCCG at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh when we beat the Rats and a Ravens fan in a Ray Lewis jersey was walking in before kick off just minding his own business and was getting verbally shredded and pelted with beers and spit at the same time. I just shook my head in disgust at my fellow Steelers fans. So it can happen everywhere I suppose. I just don't want that same treatment so I'll elect to avoid the possible situation. Especially with my teenage son.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I have only been to Buffalo one time and it was so many years ago I forgot what it was like. I know we consumed a f load of beer and I do recall there was a bus of Steeler fans in our area which made it nice. Had a blast.

I have been to the Burgh from Ontario Canada at least 5 times . One of those times was the year TRS was demolished.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The first year the new Ravens played in Baltimore the games were not sold out. If you went on line and tried to buy tickets at the point you put in your 412 Pittsburgh area code it spit you out of the system.

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I saw the Steelers play the Browns in Cleveland once, but that was as a reporter, so it's a different experience. You're not really interacting much with the crowd.

I've been to a few other stadiums outside of Pittsburgh, but the only time I saw the Steelers was against the Saints in the Superdome in 1984. My father took my brother and I. He warned us about wearing Steelers gear, but we did it anyway. Most of the fans were fine even though a very large percentage of the crowd was drunk, though some of my father's friends booed us on sight. Keep in mind, the Saints had never even made the playoffs at that point. John Stallworth caught a long touchdown pass and Louis Lipps returned a punt for a touchdown, but otherwise, the Steelers sucked that night. My father made us leave early to beat traffic.

The combination of the score and having to leave early put a miserable look on my face. One woman noticed, so she walked up to me and drawled, "Don't be sad, son. We've been crying over this team for over 20 years."

• Like Like x 3
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What's a Cape Cod chip???

17. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I bought a ticket to pitt vs cleveland in cleveland. i wore my steelers jersey. turns out the seat was in the Dawg Pound. Bad idea, nor. i got pushed and jabbed and taunted and things thrown at me right up until the end when the steelers won and no one wanted to be around me anymore. I did hear comments as fans were filing out, " same old browns".

The biggest boo birds nest in Philadelphia. I went to a steelers game there and the taunting and shouting and abuse towards me was the entire game. cups thrown at me. people cut me off when walking out of the stands. they set the record for most times i heard the phrase F*** You at one game.

went to a game in miami. two guys pointed to me, i thought they wanted by to get to their seats, and instead they just sat down in my seats. i told them those were my seats and they gave me some rude gestures and words in spanish. i had to get the ushers to remove them to get my seats back.

two pitt vs arizona in arizona. steelers home game basically

pitt vs denver in denver. reasonable sane crowd. good restaurants pregame and postgame

pitt vs chicago. reasonable crowd and also good restaurants pregame and postgame

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Jacksonville for a SNF or MNF game around 2006ish. Was my first ever Steelers game. More B&G than Jags fans that night. Then I hit several strip clubs in town and showed up to the base 3 hours late.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I went to a game in Atlanta where it was 2 to 1 Steeler fans over Atlanta

The stadium literally ran out of beer in the 3rd quarter

• Like Like x 1
  20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Against Chargers numerous times in San Diego (The Murph), against Cardinals in Glendale AZ (town overrun by Steeler fans - restaurants, bars, vendors couldn't believe it), against 49ers at The Stick in SF (only Steeler fans remained during 4th Qtr as Slash and Steelers were smashing the Niners amidst a steady downpour and seagulls galore, against Rams many times in LA and then in Anaheim (where the Bus annihilated the Steelers just before they acquired him in the off-season). All were very good experiences and the opposition crowds were no factor. :thumbs_up:

The worst though (no surprise) were several games against the Raiders at the LA Coliseum. Somehow no matter what I paid for tickets - always seemed to end up in the San Quentin alumni section thinking I was going to get shived. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Miami. Unfortunately the Steelers lost. There were tons of Steeler fans there, which was great bc Miami sports fans are the worst.

• Like Like x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Guessing from your avatar you don't live in a big city like Miami. Where I live we get a lot of college students from Europe for summer help. (tough getting your coffee order right) For some reason a lot of them make sure they see Miami before they leave our country. I'm guessing that is is a hip place for young people?????? I would think a lot of people in the city our transplants and give no support to local sport teams??????

23. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I was really talking about the fans that do show up. They just don’t seem to be “into it” as fans in other cities.

24. Steelersfan4life

Steelersfan4life Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2022
    I've been living down here for almost 22 years now and I agree. I would say the Heat are a larger draw for fans right now than the other professional sports teams, Marlins, forget about that. They are a "fair Weather" team. There are plenty of diehard Dolphins fans of course, but like you said, they just don't seem into it. To me most are still stuck in the past to either the 72' season or the Marino era. Just like someone said about the Carolina's, there are a bunch of Steelers bars down here as well as some other NFL teams. I saw a Patriots bar once and have since boycotted the area as a place to hang out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    San Diego is like that too.

• Like Like x 1