1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Away stadiums you've visited for the Steelers and your experience.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 19, 2022.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    My son and I went to Buffalo to witness the shellacking a couple weeks ago. Heard the fans could be rough but actually they were some of the nicest. Maybe because we got crushed but up to the game they were still cool as can be. We plan on doing many more away games with the next planned for Lambeau Field sometime in the near future.

Stadiums I have visited for away games for Steelers have been.

Cincy
    Detroit
    Atlanta
    Buffalo

Stadiums I won't go to as a Steelers fan are.

Baltimore
    Cleveland
    Philadelphia

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Tennessee... twice (it was great) a lot of Steelers fans
    Dallas/Arlington.. (it was great) was about half, and half with Steelers fans.
    KC ...twice (sucks fans/sucks stadium) about 50 total Steelers fans

• Like Like x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Old Chicago
    Old Denver
    Old Indianapolis
    Old Atlanta
    Old Philadelphia

Miami

I’m starting to see an “old” theme here

• Like Like x 3
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've been to Soldier Field also, but I didn't add it because it wasn't a Steelers game...,and it was Preseason against .....I don't even remember....LoL :shrug:

5. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I was at Soldier Field also but it wasn't a Steelers game. It was a Grateful dead concert.

Other concerts at stadiums. (Not all NFL-i.e. College)
    Sun Devil Stadium Arizona. Pink Floyd
    RFK Grateful Dead
    Atlanta Pink Floyd
    Las Vegas Grateful Dead
    TRS-Genesis, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    St. Louis
    Indy
    K.C.
    Tennessee
    Chicago

• Like Like x 2
  7. waywardson

waywardson Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Im from York, pa, just above MD line. We would take the tram outta hunt valley right to the stadium door,we had our stiller garb on n alotta great banter on train ride in, stadium is friggin awesome, if weather is bad you can lounge out inside atta mock up LR, wrsp around couch w/big screen, bar right behind you, hear the crowd roar outside ftom the brave few embracing the bad weather, and enjoy the banter on the train ride back, in my case, we got beat, so i held my head high n took the beating for am hour, then drown out the voices in the taproom close to the station, awesome time!! Great venue!

• Like Like x 2
  8. waywardson

Sep 19, 2022
    Forgot to mention MnT stadium

• Like Like x 2
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Just the Metrodome in 05. That's the game where Mike Tice said the Steeler fans took over the stadium. There were a lot of us but not sure we took it over. They beat the Vikings and even though they lost the fans were good natured and laughed about it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Marvin Lewis used to plead with Bengals fans not to sell tickets to Steelers fans. 1st year I went to Bengals stadium it was 70% Steelers fans. My Bengals friends were beyond embarrassed.

• Like Like x 3
  11. waywardson

Sep 19, 2022
    Currently in melbourne Fla, my family mostly Fins fans, so we see, las week i was in Tampa n that turned out well, fingers crost fellas!

• Like Like x 2
  12. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Went to see Steelers vs Giants a couple years back at the meadowlands, a lot of As$hat NY fans but after they lost they snuck out of the stadium with their tail between their legs.

Just a side note we tail gated at this event and stopped at a deli in Brigewater, NJ with fresh cut meats and home made warm bread, one of the best Italian sandwiches I’ve ever had! Cape cod chips and ice cold Labatts with a chaser of Jack to stay warm!

• Like Like x 1
  13. waywardson

Sep 19, 2022
    Thats great!! When i went to baltimore, it was 40-50 per stiller fans, we used to refer to the stsdium as,3 Rivers East!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Kansas City
    Chicago

Didnt have a problem at either venue.

Saw them 2 other times outside of Pittsburgh. SuperBowl XIV vs the Rams and SuperBowl XXX vs the Cowboys.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Steelersfan4life

Steelersfan4life Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2022
    Two for me.

Original Giant Stadium, the old one where Jimmy Hoffa was heavily rumored to be buried under one of the endzones.
    Dolphins Stadium (Currently Hard Rock Stadium) twice and will again this Sunday. Was supposed to be there for Roethlisberger's first start but missed it since I had to work due to the hurricane that just passed through.

At Giants stadium there was a good deal of Steelers fans but far more Giants fans as they are quite the rabid fan base up there. That game was in the late 90's and Kordell Stewart was the Steelers QB. The Steelers played like crap and lost. If I remember correct, Tiki Barber had a big day rushing in that game.

At Dolphins stadium, it's usually at least a 50/50 split if not more Steelers fans with as bad as they have been since the last 20+ years. First game was in 2010 and the Steelers won 23-22 with Ben rushing for a late TD to seal it. If you remember, his knee was down before the ball crossed the goal line but the refs missed it and I don't think instant replay was back yet. This was shortly after Ben returned from his 4 game suspension. Dolphins fans were 'creative' in their chants towards him. The second time was 2016, don't remember the score, just that the Steelers played like crap and lost.

Side note: First Steeler home game for me was 2019 for the Monday night matchup against the Dolphins. My avatar is with Mike Wagner of the 70's Steel Curtain from that night. Maybe I'm biased but it's best damn NFL stadium!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Steelersfan4life

Steelersfan4life Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2022
    As an Italian originally from NJ, I concur!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fed Ex, for Monday night game, which was funny because it was about 60/40 Steelers fans vs Redskins fans

Philly twice ( 3 times if you count preseason) Twice in the old Vet stadium and once in the new one. All times in Philly dressed in full Steelers gear. They aren't nearly as bad as their reputation. Sure, there are some obnoxious drunks but as long you don't troll them (BAD IDEA!) you'll be fine in my experience. In the Vet I even sat in last row in nosebleeds where everyone went to smoke various substances, and didn't really have a problem. I did get verbal ribbing and an occasional actual rib shot to my lower back from behind when I stood to celebrate our scores , but I chose to ignore it and they lost interest. A Steeler fan club group in my section chose to engage them, which was a bad idea. They proceeded, with impressive aim, to hurl a variety food items at the offending Steeler fans.

Also Tampa for the Superbowl vs Arizona. Doesn't really count, but I wanted to brag I was there!..lol

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  18. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I was at that game too. No issues with their fans…. They were pretty friendly overall.

Tennessee was my other away game and I had no problems there either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Cincinnati. It was for the embarrassing loss last season, and the majority of the fans around us were extremely rude, although one drunk lady looked at me and said, "I'm sorry everyone is acting so rude, but you have to understand, we're just not used to the Bengals actually winning."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    BoA Stadium in Charlotte. Tons of Steelers fans—far more black and gold than Carolina blue. Beat the Panthers handily. Fans were fine.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I've been to all NFL stadiums except LA (new) and Vegas
    Steelers fans are everywhere.

The best? I don't know, it's hard to say. Chicago was awesome in the stadium but everything around it on the outside sucked.
    The worst? Philadelphia. Most obnoxious people ever. Even their new stadium sucks.

2 places worth noting:
    - Green Bay. The town is a ghost town on game day. It always feels like a "Historical Game" The fans are pretty good and there are a lot of Steeler fans there.
    - San Fransico. I literally hate that town as well as most of Ca. but the football fans are much different. Pittsburgh doesn't play the 49ers a lot, and it was some years ago, I can't even remember which year.

* I always liked 3 Rivers. That was a great stadium for watching the Steelers.

• Like Like x 4
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'll be headed up to Philly. I'm excited as I have not seen a live NFL game for many years. I'm going with mature (read old) friends. I'm hoping they will drive but if forced to I will take off my Pirate license plate holder. One year a Green Bay Packer fan drove to the game. His car screamed Packer fan and his car got destroyed while he was at the game. Can't remember but I think the Eagles won that game.

• Like Like x 3
  23. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

My son and I were there to witness that fiasco also. We always stay til the very last second. You'd swear walking out of that stadium that Sunday that they had just won the Superbowl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Love that old lady:)

• Like Like x 2
  25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    About that Philly stadium. My friends got tickets at the top and told me to make sure I take Dramamine. I'm told it sways up there. Would you happen to have experienced that?????