1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Qb controversy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    If all this is true ..Why can't he score

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, no, it isn't obvious. You just want it to be because you didn't like the selection.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is Trubisky's 6th year.

4. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Where I give him the most credit is that he obviously continued to do his job and prepare for the game after being pulled for Pickett, which must have been disappointing for him. I'd think that's the hardest thing for a good backup. You have to do all the homework even though you probably won't play.

5. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Someone please link evidence to prove me wrong, and I most certainly want to be proven wrong, but I have not yet seen KP make the high end throws that you would expect from a franchise QB. He is very efficient with his passing, but he doesn't seem to make the touch throws or the overshoulder sideline bullet throws. Again, prove me wrong.

6. M2K

M2K Active Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Kenny Pickett the moment he gets healthy. Kenny's presence makes everyone better... even Mitch. We need to go with Pickett. He is our present and our future.

7. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    If you’re expecting Ben class of QB play this year, you are going to be disappointed.

add in the loser OC and nothing great is gonna happen this year.

8. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Yes it is.... I somehow got stuck on 5 years completed and into his 6th... I do that sometimes as it appears to be some sort brain cell shortage... probably related to booze and cheap women.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    KP's accuracy and anticipation and the ability to throw receivers open and preparation
    are his biggest assets. Remember we said he would make mistakes, that is part of the maturation process.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I think the same could be said for yinzers who are also over the top on his play as well. If we are being fair he has looked very average which isn’t a bad thing he is around 2 games into his professional career. Hopefully he is back soon so the team can continue to evaluate him this season. Mitch played well coming in Sunday but we all know what we have in him, a decent backup at best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Many reasons but I’m sure you know that.

Another good thing Kenny is doing. Mitch was among the worst. It’s not a hard decision at all on who should be starting. Whether it equates to Pickett being the next franchise QB, we’ll find out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    He throws to the 'windows' well.
    He doesn't throw his receivers into big hits - there is room for improvement.
    He does see the entire field very well, and he is quick to read through his progressions and decisive on his read.
    As it was pointed out, his rating is not reflecting his growth. All the above is going to get better with each game (with some ups and downs)

Things I'd like to see him work on.
    - Hard Counts. Changing the cadence and inflections.
    - Looking off safeties better. Safeties always lock onto the QB's eyes.
    - It's obvious he's comfortable with Pickens, and he should be. But keep throwing to the other guys - That drives defenses crazy.
    - I'd also like to see him develop that off schedule repertoire with his receivers (they call a certain play, they line up, the WR and Pickett sees the same weakness in the D, and without an audible, alter the route into that hole.
    - Carry out his fakes a little better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    So far I think Mitch is the future. What has Kenny done that Mason can’t do? Mason threw more than 1 td in one and a half games with less interceptions.

Mitch came to us because he knows we need to win and he looks good in black and gold.

Kenny and Mason need to both share the clipboard and play tic tac toe on the sidelines

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree that he hasn't been great. He is clearly their best option, but that is as much about the future as it is about now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    After I wrote that...I actually thought :hmm:...Maybe He means complete years.:thumbs_up:
    Actually nothing wrong with Cheap booze, or cheap women. Helps make the world a better place. LoL

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Also ....stop pressing inside the 20s.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He needs some work but I think he will be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    There are some on this board who would have been arguing that Joe Gilliam or Terry Hanratty should be starting over Terry Bradshaw because he basically sucks. I often wonder what would have happened to Bradshaw had he been drafted in an age of instant gratification where fans are ready to throw you on the trash heap based on your last pass. Since Pickett doesn’t already look like a cross between Drew Brees and Peyton Manning, some on this board are already ready to write him off. I think it’s obvious that he has the physical skills and intangible leadership qualities to develop into a very good quarterback. Some of the criticism he’s already receiving on this board is ridiculous and unjustified!

• Like Like x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Bradshaw said Himself on a show I watched of His in Branson.....that if He came out today He would have lost His job, and been cut before He could have gotten better.

20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Undoubtedly! Fans have gotten spoiled over the years and prefer a microwave over a crockpot. The criticisms leveled at Pickett two games into his career are ridiculous!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well I'm not sure if criticism is bad, but people saying He won't ever be good is pretty stupid.
    Not a one of us knows at this moment.
    IMO He shows considerable upside, and if He keeps showing improvement....that's what We want.

• Like Like x 1
  22. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    My only concern about Pickett is that he looks slight compared to our other quarterbacks drafted number one over the last 50 years. When you consider Bradshaw, Ben and even Mark Malone, they all just seemed to have more girth than Kenny who looks kinda skinny to me. Hopefully, we can put some more muscle on those bones over time. He’s playing AFC North football now and you’ve got to be one tough son of a gun to survive and thrive in that environment.

• Like Like x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe Bradshaw started at that same size, or really close. He's still got time to put weight on.

24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    True. And a really big offensive lineman back then was about 270 lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Some on this board decided that he was a bust before he took a single snap in a regular-season game.

• Agree Agree x 2