1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this division race still in play for the Steelers…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 10, 2022.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    If they happen to somehow win 2 of the next 3 games and get to 3-5 at the bye week. With Baltimore beating Cincinnati last night they are 3-2, the Bengals are 2-3 and so are the Browns. Here are the Bengals, Ravens and Browns schedules the next 3-4 weeks

Bengals
    At New Orleans
    Atlanta Home
    At Cleveland
    Carolina Home

Ravens
    At NYGiants
    Cleveland Home
    At Tampa
    At New Orleans

Browns
    New England Home
    At Baltimore
    Cincinnati Home
    At Miami

I think the Bengals will be 5-4 after those 4 games, the Ravens will be 5-4 after those 4 games and the Browns will be 3-5 after those 4 games. So if you’re the Steelers if you win against Tampa and Miami the next 2 weeks and get to 3-5 even if you lose the game at Philly before the bye and come back and beat the Saints at home after the bye week you are 4-5 going into the game against the Bengals here the following week on Sunday night.

So not saying none of this is going to actually happen and as bad as they looked yesterday they could easily be 1-7 and not 3-5. But this division is what it is at this point and nobody is gonna run away with it. I know this the margin of error for the Steelers to keep losing games is about over. If they wanna play any kind of meaningful games even after Halloween 3-5 pretty much has to happen going into the bye or this season will be donezo come Nov 1st. We will see how Tomlin and this team responds but it’s gonna get much worse before it gets better if the Steelers don’t win some games here the next 2-3 weeks.

2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Let's start by winning a second game before we talk about winning the AFCN.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No this Team will pick top 5 for sure to many holes on both sides of the ball .

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Wow @steel_ben7 love the optimism, but it’s just not happening this year. I think it’s between the Bengals and Ravens this year. Our opportunity to compete for the division realistically went out the window when TJ went down. I was hoping for a few wins to keep the door open, but this team is not ready to compete, and the added injuries are just pushing us further and further away from competitiveness.

At this point I’m just hoping for us to spoil a rival’s wild card chances down the road with a well-timed upset or two.

However I’m happy to see you trying. I hope the responses are polite…

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    If Miamis QB situation is still shaky in 2 weeks I suppose they could win that game. They will either be 1-7 or 2-6 at the BYE. No they are not winning even the MAC Collegiate Division.

6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    No, we suck!! Best part about it, we don't have Ben to win us another 10 useless wins for nothing, other than to drop us down in the draft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We need a draft pick in the 10-15 range.. get our next great Center or Guard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The way this team quit yesterday...let's not talk about division or even playoffs. I dount Tomlin will do it, he talked about changes needed.. start with putting someone also in charge of both O, D, and special teams. Do the changes on the team as well. I'm not suggesting tanking at all, but put in the younger guys and let them get experience. We suck..but might as well see if the younger guys want to suck or just suck in general..cuz those playing seem to suck in general anyway.

9. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    With you on this. It changes everyyear..but if we get a top 5 pick and someone wants to move up to grab a Qb I'm all for it, but not atvtge expense of going beyond 15. If we are in the 8 to 12 range you better get it right.

10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Speaking of younger guys, I still don't understand why Mark Robinson hasn't gotten a hat yet. I know some people have said that he is too raw and would look "silly" on certain plays. Bush and Spillane look silly on almost every play. The only good play Spillane made last week was when Josh Allen drilled him in the ass with the football, and we all know about Bush's lack of effort on the field. At least Robinson would hustle and look for runners to blow up out on the field.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It was sad yesterday.

12. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    These type of posts will stop in a couple of weeks lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I understand it's multiple things..inexperience, possibly not wanting to inhibit growth by failures because of inexperience...but damn what you have now is a crap show. If he gives up a pastor misses a tackle was he at least trying? You can teach from failure..you can't teach what we are seeing on the field

15. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Ravens 3-3
    Bengals 3-3
    Browns 2-4
    Steelers 2-4

Division still in play and not dead yet. Why you don’t write seasons off after 4 or 5 games too much can still happen. It’s one week but still alive and not out of it yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    AFC north and nfc east flipped

• Like Like x 1
  17. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Theoretically yes. They have 4 division games left, 3 at home, and have a critical win already over the Bengals, whom I believe are the class of the division (and I use the term "class" very loosely).

The Steelers did not win the North last year because they lost twice to the Bengals. Perhaps they can return the favor.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Are we winning the AFCN or are we picking #1? My mind is spinning.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I think it’s still going to come down to the last few weeks. No one is really standing out in this division. But even if we win and make the playoffs, it will be a hollow victory because I don’t see us competing with the likes of the Bills and Chiefs. And at the end of the day, our prize will be a low draft position

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If we are 3-5 going into the bye and have Watt the rest of the year, we have a chance to compete for division title.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Pump the brakes. How about lets just celebrate this gritty win. Anyone who really felt we had a real chance step up to this:

[​IMG]

22. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The offence would need to improve significantly but id agree, beat Miami next week and the season may not be the wash it looked like after the Bills game.

The loss to the Jets doesn’t look as bad now after they went to Green Bay today and came away with a win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I’m with you win at Miami or Philly the next two weeks and you have a chance after the bye week with 2 straight home games with New Orleans and Cincinnati and a lot of winnable left on the schedule. So still a long way to go but today was a first step of getting back into the race and we will see how things play out forward.

24. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    That's the suck of it. I never want to see a team tank..but I'm also kind of sick of just being good enough to be one and out in the po's.

We won today, but even if we had lost at least we saw heart and fight. I'll always hope for a win, but will still be proud if they show this spirit the rest of the year and individual growth among younger players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Sorry but not gonna happen. The NFL is far too good of a league to use smoke and mirrors to get into the post season, let alone get home field advantage. The deficiencies at the LOS on both sides of the ball are too big to overcome. The O Line is one of the worst units in the league (see running game results)! Inability to consistently pressure the QB and stop the run (on the flip side) is the other dagger. Lastly, although the receiver play was good today, every 6 games is not enough consistency to be productive. This was a "right place, right time" scenario for this game and it was a 2 point victory at that...over a 3-3 team that has been struggling.

Not being "negative". Just pointing out the glaringly obvious

• Agree Agree x 1