1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'd consider trading TJ Watt - We need a full rebuild

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Nothing should be off the table for this dumpster fire. We are one of three worst teams in nfl. We have a d coach on a offense league and numerous holes in the most expensive d in the league and the Canadian offense that is allergic to touchdowns that is so pathetic that first downs are celebrated

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He just won defensive MVP and 3rd highest paid at his position. He took a slight discount imo.

3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    An aroma that no air freshener can conquer.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah I said the same thing but for some reason the one guy seems to thing he is ALWAYS hurt so we should trade him....

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What are you talking about? So because he is injured THIS season (and actually may come back) he is off the field more than he is on it? He played all of last season didn't he? I mean he won DPOY so he must have. Injuries happen especially when you play as hard as he does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Formula for building a winner

keep the good ones.
    Replace the bad ones with good ones.
    Repeat, repeat, repeat

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    By the time we have enough good ones at crucial positions. Watt won't be good anymore.

8. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    He spends 1/3 of the time on the bench when he is healthy

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Good to see the opinions of the fantasy football guys! In the real world, he’ll no you don’t trade your best player!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Just like the boycots.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I don’t think we would ever win another game if we trade him lol

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well zero.. but can't worry about playoffs if we are 0-16 lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Here is a news flash. Even if and when Watt comes back it will still spell a losing season. And give them better draft position.

Correct me if i'm wrong wasn't he the DPOY last season?

Injuries happen. I will take his fragility which I think is overblown.

Who the f*** would want Edmonds?
    Mitch or Rudolph? Who would want them?
    Claypool? I think he just fell down again.
    Heyward is going to retire a Steeler.

At times but he sure can't get any consistent pressure without Watt.

Guess we should trade Minkah to now that he has a knee injury.

And saving Tomlins job? He isn't on the hot seat. I want him and the rest of the staff gone but he is going anywhere even after this crap season.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    I can see where the OP is coming from but I don't think we are far off. Injuries are hurting our defense right now, Trubisky's conservative effort caused a stagnant offense that killed us in the first 4 games, and now we are running into a buzz saw of upcoming games with a rookie QB.

Pickett didn't look too bad his first game against a top notch defense. If he continues on this trajectory with game day experience and gets all the reps in practice we can see where we stand with the most important chess piece. I think our offense will continue to look better as Pickett gets more comfortable, with the occasional rookie mistakes of course.

Offensive line looks pretty good in pass protect. Run blocking is another story but is that Najee dancing around and not hitting the hole like Warren or the offensive line.

I do think we need to cut the dead weight on defense and utilize the money correctly there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Charlie shasta

Charlie shasta Active Member

Aug 11, 2022
    I think watt only missed like 3 games before this. I would hardly call that injury prone are fragile.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would NOT trade TJ. I don't know that he is injured any more than others. He is a high profile player, so of course you are going to notice him missing in the line-up. Polamalu was injured a lot too and absolutely changed the outcome of games. I would have never considered trading him either. The only other high-profile player we ever lost that I was disappointed to see go was Rod Woodson. He was a great corner and still could have played, but I think his knee injury eventually caught up to him. If he would have moved to Safety as he eventually did for the Ravens he would definitely have kept us in a few games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The guy is a fraud and a joke. He wonders why no one takes him seriously. And everyone is always laughing at them.

18. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Major injuries? One didn't require surgery and the other was a minor surgery to clean up some stuff from pre-season. Hardly career threatening.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Let me know when the Steelers play a meaningful game after thanksgiving post Big Ben. I will wait.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Just boycott already :rolleyes:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He missed 2 whole games last season, and still won DPOY, this season is his first injury causing him to miss an extended period of time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ah, but it happened to JJ. Therefore, it will happen to TJ. That’s how injuries work, right?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Let's make sure the Steelers don't become the Pirates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I find it interesting when I check who “agrees” with SDOT posts

It makes a short list of birds of a feather

The same is true with the peons that turn any post they can into an anti Tomlin post

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I thought the time to trade him was when they were renegotiating his contract. I said essentially the same thing during his "holdout" last season. I didn't get the point of signing him to a huge contract when this team had so many other needs, particularly along both lines, ILB and secondary. This defense is competitive with him. It stinks without him, let's face it. The concerns with him are now magnified. The way he plays precludes him from playing a full schedule. I would be willing to wager he will never start all 17 games again. At this point on this roster, he's a luxury. Like putting Mario Lemieux with the Arizona Coyotes. Yes, he'll score and be fun to watch, but they'll still lose because he doesn't have enough talent around him.

• Agree Agree x 4