1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No Rebuild according to Wormley

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I felt that he should have been the league MVP last season. The evidence of his importance to the team, and his level of play as possibly the best football player in the NFL, were clear.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have talent, we are much better than our record indicates. Maybe not superbowl talent
    but we have talent to compete at a high rate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    If you don’t think we are in a rebuild, you are clueless. The oc is a clown. The o line is below average. The d can’t stop the jets from scoring twice in the fourth quarter and we are getting the most points in the history of the franchise against a real afc contender.
    The only real goals for this year is to get the best draft pick possible and see if Kenny p is a franchise qb. Period.

4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I like how your thinking! Black & Gold glasses off.

Of course we all want the team to win, but face it, they are headed for a losing season.

The gain would not only be a better 1st round selection but all the other picks move up as well.

As we have seen this team(defense) has several needs in which drafting higher might equal better talent. Plus they are going to have to peel for a stud corner opposite Sutton, NOT draft one. Finally draft a solid OLBer that can spell both Watt and Highsmith. An ILBer that actually can cover someone. Upgrade at strong safety but I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonds was signed to another one year deal.

They need a stud left tackle. I like the way the whipping boy offensive line is progressing sans Moore. He needs help which is fine if it keeps Pickett clean.

The offense is young and will grow together. I feel they have potential to be a powerhouse if Canada and Tomlin don't screw it up.

Its obvious the defense is in a shambles. The strength of the team is now their greatest weakness. They need upgrades all over the joint which will not happen until 2023.

5. Ytownsteeler

Oct 2, 2015
    You are so right CK 13. We can fill in some holes with higher draft pick in all three rounds. Hope this is like 2003 and we bottom out for a year and start competing soon. Funny part is I still cheer for team to win even though it’s against what is good for us. Just not devastated losing this year. All the others it would ruin my weekend

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    What the *** does this mean?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Ytownsteeler

Oct 2, 2015
    He meant pay for one I am sure. We need a ss to replace burnt toast 34 who stinks. And a inside lb for slow poke one leg bush. A new dl for grandpa in there and we should be better on d. Then draft a o lineman’s like a sec Astro or pouncey. Dump our one so called star wr who is a dog and get one of the 20 colleges produce every year

8. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    A rebuild year is, in my opinion, one where the organization has no expectations of making the playoffs. The Falcons are rebuilding. The Jaguars were rebuilding last year, etc. I do not think the Steelers qualify in that aspect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Peel off a LOT of dollar bills

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We haven’t sucked on over 15 years

:facepalm:

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Quarterback is a wild card

But otherwise we are 3-4 players short of a full deck

12. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    3-4 players short is being very generous.

2 OL
    2 DL
    2 LB
    2 Secondary

8 at a minimum

13. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    Really? We have different standards, buddy.

• Agree Agree x 1