1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Diontae lets it slip "This is a rebuilding year"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Sorry yeah no defense for Mitch. I wanted to like him, but he’s just so skittish in the pocket, can’t pull the trigger when guys are open, can’t read the field. His intangibles are just awful. At this point I’d prefer Rudolph as the backup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    So disappointed in DJs play last night. His lack of focus completely threw Mith under the bus yesterday.

If DJ can focus on the ball it doesn't bounce off his hands and get intercepted. If DJ knows where the back of the endzone is he scores the TD on a perfect pass by Mitch.

Mitch was benched because of DJ's lack of focus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    fully agree. I said that earlier as well, and got jumped on for it that it was actually Trub made DJ suck ass yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    For someone who just signed a big contract, he’s not living up to expectations.

5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The ball was thrown pretty hard and may have been tipped at the line. If that were the case then I rally can't fault DJ for having it clang off his hands. Even the slightest tip on a ball moving that fast can cause a problem.

What I didn't like was that after the play he immediately started signaling it was tipped. Why do that? It's not like it was a penalty or anything. He was immediately trying to absolve himself of the play and its outcome. Reminded me of Limas Sweed coming up lame that one time after dropping a pass. It was a very bad look IMO.

6. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I agree with him, but it’s certainly not a controversial thing to say after going 1-3 in the first four, with a difficult schedule ahead.