1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is JUJU spilling the beans?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelHack, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Except one has Mahomes at QB and the other Trubisky.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Please don’t.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. HisRoyalSweetness

HisRoyalSweetness Active Member

Jun 21, 2022
    Oh. I see. So because Cowher didn't win back-to-back SBs with the team that he built this somehow serves as proof that all we needed was some of Tomlin's goofy facial expressions and his cut off your eyelids ramblings to put us over the top. Sure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Meh. This is the equvalent of the training camp story of "so and so is in the best shape of his life". It's meaningless fluff. At best, it's JuJu trying to be a good soldier and saying nice things about the organization following an ugly loss. At worst, it's an employee kissing his boss's butt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. HisRoyalSweetness

Jun 21, 2022
    My apologies, Clive. I didn't realize the use of that word was off limits. No harm intended.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HisRoyalSweetness

Jun 21, 2022
    Or, realistically, KC's coaching staff is way more competent and effective than ours and Ju Ju was just being honest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Makes as much sense as the theory that Tomlin won only because he had Cowher's players and, now, his plays. If it were that simple, Cowher should have been able to do it every year!

8. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    1 I actually like Tomlin, so that was not my intention with this post.. but i do think his coaching hires need to be examined.

2. JUJU is doing well in KC. It looks like he might hit 1000 yards as what the 4th or 5th option?

3. I do not think its just a MAHOMES thing. REID did it with Alex Smith, he did it with McNabb... the guy is a good coach

HACK

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    JuJu won't be crying about not being team MVP when he's shining his KC Super Bowl ring this spring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Thank you! Dudes just trying to make his new team like him.

He has 3 seasons with us that are better, with less receptions.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I said this before and I'll say it again...I like Tomlin ( as a human being ) not as a Coach...Seems like a helluva nice Guy, players love him...He never throws them under the bus , and has their back but...

He stinks as a Coach ..VERY overrated,smoke and mirrors and carried because of Ben...

It can be both, and it is...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    2nd or 3rd option. He was seeing 8 targets before last nights game.

13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It doesn't appear that Tomlin cares what the other team does, he's going to focus solely on his own team, which is insane to me. With that said, despite what he says, he does live in his own fears. It's like he's scared to go head to head with the other team. He plays it safe a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    On one hand think how many days Ben took off. How much can you learn when your leader isn’t around. Consistency is key. How many days do you think Patrick Mahomes takes off while everyone else is practicing? He’s probably there the whole time.

15. HisRoyalSweetness

Jun 21, 2022
    Ben taking time off was a reflection of Tomlin's leadership, or lack thereof.

Like Tomlin, apparently he wasn't living in his fears.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i heard that too hack. talked about how Reid taught him how to read defenses. it's really not a surprise. the same thing happens to the players no matter the name every year. the same team troubles. it doesn't matter who is drafted, it does show something that when we bring players from other teams in they show better most times. even those vets we bring in are from losing systems mostly. our coaching staff doesn't read like a who's who. it shows. it starts at the top. very concerning and won't change anytime soon. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    That is no surprise to anyone. You can tell when he has a press conference that he has a defensive look on his face like why are you questioning what I’m doing.

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The frustrating thing about it is that every single time they have varied from the we are gonna do what we do approach it has always been successful. The game in Washington where they knew Norman was only good on a specific side so they put AB on the opposite side and Ben and AB just carved up the defense. They bring in a former Giants coach from their two SB wins over the Pats to help prepare for them and boom one of the better defensive games they have ever played vs the Patriots. So it's mind boggling that they don't do it more.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    Quoting Melissa Stark on SNF: "Juju Smith-Schuster told me this week it it awesome to have an offensive minded coach in Andy Reid, he [Juju] has learned more in his last few months in Kansas City than he did in all five years in Pittsburgh. He said Reed makes you see the whole field, he answers the why, he gets you to understand defenses. And he [Juju] said one of the coolest things Reid does is before every game he says "just let your personality out", there is nothing better that a coach can say."

-around 8:45 in the second quarter

Ouch. that was an obvious rebuke at the Steelers coaching. In other words: " I am happy to finally have a coach who knows about offense."

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Tomlin after hearing JuJu’s comments.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    For a guy that's supposed to be head and shoulders above Tomlin, Reid sure hasn't accomplished any more, and with arguably equal to better talent. Reid's regular season winning % is about the same, his playoff winning % is somewhat better, and he has the same number of SB titles, even though he's coached 50% more seasons (24 vs 16)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's a Mahomes thing for sure, but Reid does make a difference. Reid has been able to take ok Qbs, and make them look good....Now He just has to make a Great Qb ....awesome. LoL

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ben didn't always do that. You are comparing a Qb that's in His 6th year with Qb that didn't start doing that till around his 11 year.

24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    DC9AC9DD-2F52-4D2D-9416-3BFC15186006.png

You call that a great team? Pffft

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. HisRoyalSweetness

Jun 21, 2022
    But Reid didn't have a HOF QB for 18 years and the luxury of playing the Browns twice per year.

Right. Tomlin isn't capable of winning playoff games with a team that he has constructed.

But in fairness, did Cowher build a SB caliber team for Reid and then step aside so he could have that one title? Besides, let's see if the same can be said at the end of this season.

So, we're giving Tomlin points for being younger? Cool.

• Like Like x 1