1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Picket era has begun

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Oct 2, 2022.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Claypool has a habit of mis timing when he jumps. Then there are times he leaves his feet when he doesn't need to. He caught a ball last year where he jumped and caught the ball nearly at knee level. It's almost as if he has poor depth perception.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    If he's half as good at his job as the other Mike Sullivan across town, he'll do just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Somebody please get Disco a tissue.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    I'm ok with watching a rookie struggle to find his way in his first few starts. Even it's a year long process, I can understand and accept that. What I'm not good with is a dude who's been in the league for years as a starter looking scared and absolutely lost. Trubisky is garbage. That is known at this point. Not sure you can take 1/2 of football, with no first team work and know what you have with Pickett at this point.

It wasn't the debut that everyone wanted to see but I think it would be hard to deny, in spite of his mistakes, Pickett already has something Trubisky never will. Courage to at least try and make a play.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Do you need attention?

6. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    I`m sure someone`s already said it. I don`t care if Pickett throws 20 int as long as he has 20+TD. Would like to see him learn, what he can and can`t due. Let him loose. Then next season or maybe even later in this one, he plays like #1 pick .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Im unapologetically a Ben fan. He’s the reason Tomlin and everyone else for that matter, looks great. In short, a Decent coach + Great QB= Wins. That’s the baseline, add a legendary QB and the sums increases to even greater heights. With that said, today

PICKETT LOOKED GOOD!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    No offense to anyone, but to come to a conclusion as to what type of player Pickett will or won't be after two quarters, is laughable. Is there a single qb out there who hasn't thrown multiple bonehead interceptions over their career? Is there a single qb who hasn't thrown a deep ball into coverage, giving his receiver a chance to go up and get it? Most times it will end up with an incomplete pass, sometimes it will end up with a completion or an interception. For me as it stands now, with this o-line and this OC, I am going to give the kid a lot of slack.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Pick-it

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Remains to be seen if he’ll be the face of the franchise going forward, but I’m pretty sure he won’t be the next Mitch.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tulsa

Tulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    What are the chances that Canada is replaced mid season? I just don't want to get my hopes up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I agree if you mean to come to a conclusion good or bad. I don't where Kenny Pickett is headed, but I think the team owes it to itself to find out what they have. I think it's clear what they have with Trubisky. It isn't all his fault, but I cringe at his mechanics and his pocket awareness is the pits.

13. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I mean... I agree with you for the most part. But when Ben was throwing picks, everyone was clamoring for him to be benched. So I guess that same standard doesn't apply to QB's not named Ben?

That being said - everyone needs to calm down about Pickett. Give him a chance to actually start a game.

14. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I like the switch to Pickett. I watched the first half on NFL+ replay and my take away was that Trubisky was not benched. Besides the Johnson drop and OL penalties and a fraction of an inch td pass, Mitch played well. But I like the switch to Pickett. We have a safety net if Pickett fails. Get the first round pick out there. You draft a player in the first round to play not to be managed on the bench. Get him out there. Right call.

From here on out Pickett starts and we have probably one of the best back up QB's in the league.

15. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Even though they were rushing.. he had 2 TDs

16. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    You mean Pickett is to blame for hitting the WRs in the hands?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    You don’t even believe the BS you are throwing out here

18. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Pickett was the first QB in the Superbowl era to run for multiple TD's in his first NFL game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    well now we have something to watch this year. We will watch Kenny develop over the year. I'm just worried this kid is not going to get the coaching he needs out of our offensive staff. Canada scares the hell out of me as the OC. I hope he starts for the rest of the year but maybe not. I am convinced that Claypool will not be a steeler much longer. Had great hopes in him the first year he was here. But he seems to have regressed horribly. So stop griping and watch how the young man develops as a QB. I don't believe this team was going anywhere this year anyway and now we have some hope for the future.

20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Your argument would hold more weight if you didn't get the facts wrong so consistently. It wasn't triple coverage. It wasn't even double coverage. The safety who intercepted the pass came over late and was in position to catch the deflection, but he was not there in time to make a play on the pass. Yes, he underthrew one pass and it was still in Claypool's hands against a 5-foot-8 safety.

Also, he didn't have him beat yet, but Pickett could have thrown him open. Not a great throw, but he gave his receiver a chance to make that play and Claypool failed.

The second one was a bad play. Yes, the rookie made one really bad play while coming off the bench in his first NFL action and you want to write him off.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Wow. Yeah, this isn't you filtering all this through your preconceived notions about Pickett at all. Nope. You are totally unbiased and reasonable. Honest. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Let Pickett get 1st team reps this week. Offense will be good vs Bills. Defense....not so much.

Not worried about Pickett.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    get used to it, Pickett is starting the rest of the year and Trubisky will probably be one of, if not the best back up QB in the league. Cant think of a better position to put your first round QB pick

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are likely going nowhere this year...so it will be a good opportunity to see who we keep for '23 and who we cut. Spoiler: We'll keep most of the offense and cut half of the defense.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. HisRoyalSweetness

HisRoyalSweetness Active Member

Jun 21, 2022
    Likely aren't going anywhere? I think it would be safe to tattoo it on our foreheads at this point.

For us to have any chance in 2023, we'll require a new OC, DC, and HC.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1